Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blackrock Foundry - Specc choices.

Okay, i've been looking through tactics for BRF, and after doing that, i'm not looking at which speccs to go for.
    My thoughts so far:

Gruul - Demo. Best ST.
    Oregorger - Demo. Best ST and got burst aswell for crates.
    Blast Furnace - Demo or destro, uncirtain if destro's cleave will be supoerior here. *

Hans'gar & Franzok - Demo ST and decent movement
    Flamebender Ka'graz - Demo.* thinking it got more ST and can keep dots up while dealing with dogs.
    Kromog - Demo, thinking The ST and Burst AoE would be better than destro cleaving*

Beastlord Darmac - Destro seems the better fit because of Cleave/AoE and ofc Shadow burn . *
    Operator Thogar - considering demo for the burst AoE.*
    Iron Maidens - Demo good cleave and good ST since we need to get all down within close % of each other*

Blackhand - Don't know yet.

Marked a Star on the bosses i am unsure of, or to be exact more unsure of than the once i haven't marked.
    As can be seen, i am uncirtain about alot of Specc choices atm.
    I've been running Demo/destro for Highmaul, because it seemed a better option, when i could only choose 2 speccs.
    To me it still seems to be that, but would love to hear arguments saying otherwise. Also i got no issue with running a 3ed specc aslong as it's progression.
    Whats your thoughts people?

10+ Year Old Account
    As it looks now it is clearly Demonology because it is a head and shoulders above Destruction and Affliction...

Unless a certain encounter has EXTREME cheese like massive sustained AoE for Charred Remains, I am sure Demonology is a nobrainer spec there.

Quote Originally Posted by Neevs View Post
    Okay, i've been looking through tactics for BRF, and after doing that, i'm not looking at which speccs to go for.
    My thoughts so far:

Gruul - Demo. Best ST.
    Oregorger - Demo. Best ST and got burst aswell for crates.
    Blast Furnace - Demo or destro, uncirtain if destro's cleave will be supoerior here. *

Hans'gar & Franzok - Demo ST and decent movement
    Flamebender Ka'graz - Demo.* thinking it got more ST and can keep dots up while dealing with dogs.
    Kromog - Demo, thinking The ST and Burst AoE would be better than destro cleaving*

Beastlord Darmac - Destro seems the better fit because of Cleave/AoE and ofc Shadow burn . *
    Operator Thogar - considering demo for the burst AoE.*
    Iron Maidens - Demo good cleave and good ST since we need to get all down within close % of each other*

Blackhand - Don't know yet.

Marked a Star on the bosses i am unsure of, or to be exact more unsure of than the once i haven't marked.
    As can be seen, i am uncirtain about alot of Specc choices atm.
    I've been running Demo/destro for Highmaul, because it seemed a better option, when i could only choose 2 speccs.
    To me it still seems to be that, but would love to hear arguments saying otherwise. Also i got no issue with running a 3ed specc aslong as it's progression.
    Whats your thoughts people?
    I can tell you that Beastlord is for sure a Demo fight. HoG fury generation off of the add packs the entire fight, plus dooming/corruption on all of the weapon spawns is absolutely insane.

I think Demo/Destro will be the choice here, unless they buff Affliction @ ST or nerf Demo, mainly because Affliction Tier pieces rox.

Btw, 4tp will make Demo with a huge burst of dmg, also what we need to see is if even on aoe/cleave fights one person focusing on ST mainly will be great and needed to raid. Not everytime is about dps, but utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I can tell you that Beastlord is for sure a Demo fight. HoG fury generation off of the add packs the entire fight, plus dooming/corruption on all of the weapon spawns is absolutely insane.
    i 100% agree with this. 197 imps in over the course of the fight. Pulled 40k as cata demo would be tempted to try Dbolt because of the insane fury generation and my personal mission to get a 10 stack cast off.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    my personal mission to get a 10 stack cast off.
    lol...?

There's absolutely no reason to play Cataclysm on this fight btw, unless you're just a padding idiot and don't care about boss damage.

So many spec choices in BRF will depend on your strat and raid comp. Try to work out when the raid is better off if you let the OP combat rogue go ham on the AoE instead while you HoG for fury and stay on the boss, or when burst is way more important than overall damage.

Can't share my spreadsheet of specs for BRF because it has strat info in it (maybe after prog), but there are some interesting problems to deal with in terms of choosing a specs for some fights. Before the massive demo buff, I was expecting to play mostly Affliction and Destruction. That changed.
    <Ascension> - Barthilas AU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    lol...?

There's absolutely no reason to play Cataclysm on this fight btw, unless you're just a padding idiot and don't care about boss damage.
    prolly would have done more boss damage as Dbolt did ~6.1m damage to the boss(mounts included) and ~8.6 to spears and beasts. Person in 2nd (rogue) did ~8m to boss (mounts included) and 4.8m to beasts(0 spears). We also had somebody getting hit by spears every time they dropped which was dumb. I need more Doom padding. MOAR IMPS

Quote Originally Posted by Karigg View Post
    So many spec choices in BRF will depend on your strat and raid comp. Try to work out when the raid is better off if you let the OP combat rogue go ham on the AoE instead while you HoG for fury and stay on the boss, or when burst is way more important than overall damage.

Can't share my spreadsheet of specs for BRF because it has strat info in it (maybe after prog), but there are some interesting problems to deal with in terms of choosing a specs for some fights. Before the massive demo buff, I was expecting to play mostly Affliction and Destruction. That changed.
    Yes, has to be a balance. Demo's single target is so strong right now, easy to envision a lot of situations where we'll be asked to (basically) tunnel. I can see a couple fights where destro might make a lot of sense because of cleave and/or add burst, but not because of AoE. CR AoE is good, but the difference in what you lose on single target by having the warlock spec for AoE is larger than what you lose if ask other classes with similar AoE output to do it.

Again, mentality has to be around the fact that it's 20 people killing a boss, not one person trying to score 1st place on a meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing this on beta was quite hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Yes, has to be a balance. Demo's single target is so strong right now, easy to envision a lot of situations where we'll be asked to (basically) tunnel. I can see a couple fights where destro might make a lot of sense because of cleave and/or add burst, but not because of AoE. CR AoE is good, but the difference in what you lose on single target by having the warlock spec for AoE is larger than what you lose if ask other classes with similar AoE output to do it.

Again, mentality has to be around the fact that it's 20 people killing a boss, not one person trying to score 1st place on a meter.
    Yep. It's the choice between having two different classes do both AoE and single target and doing 45k and 50k, or one class doing 40k single target and the other sticking to AoE and doing 60k+. There's going to be heaps of those choices in BRF.

CR might be good choice over DS for destro fights with the buffs, but that will depend on gear and the particular fight in all cases.

- - - Updated - - -

What I want to know is whether people are considering playing affliction at all after the demo buffs. 2-3 targets and high movement is the dream but if Twin Ogron parses are anything to go by, it'll still fall behind. Wouldn't mind ditching haste and going demo/destro.
    <Ascension> - Barthilas AU

Am I the only one who hates that demo is 2x stronger on most fights than destro/affliction? Just saying it needs a 5 % dmg nerf so that the other specs are viable on some fights... I HATE DEMO, the way it looks, the playstyle, QQ IRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goostoff View Post
    Am I the only one who hates that demo is 2x stronger on most fights than destro/affliction? Just saying it needs a 5 % dmg nerf so that the other specs are viable on some fights... I HATE DEMO, the way it looks, the playstyle, QQ IRL.
    I think Demo to minmax is harder than Aff / Destro, so I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by goostoff View Post

yes i dont really like demo aswell, too clunky with the stance dance to keep dots up.. aff also bad because its way too simple and has probably the weakest aoe in game. destro is fun enough to play, but needs a serious single target damage buff to be competitive with demo.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    yes i dont really like demo aswell, too clunky with the stance dance to keep dots u..
    Thats just a LTP issue, demo is the most fun spec by faar and the spec with the biggest learning curve to pull the extra numbers. If you keep destro in the middle of the pack or even lower, then i love you blizz. If you are stucked with destro as a warlock then you picked the wrong class in my opinion:P time to move on!

dumb quote all around, you aren't supposed to have a PURE DPS class in the game where one i 30 % stronger than the others in 90 % + of the fights... i understand 5-10 % but not the numbers we're saying on logs... insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Olyzios View Post
    Thats just a LTP issue, demo is the most fun spec by faar and the spec with the biggest learning curve to pull the extra numbers. If you keep destro in the middle of the pack or even lower, then i love you blizz. If you are stucked with destro as a warlock then you picked the wrong class in my opinion:P time to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Karigg View Post

What I want to know is whether people are considering playing affliction at all after the demo buffs. 2-3 targets and high movement is the dream but if Twin Ogron parses are anything to go by, it'll still fall behind. Wouldn't mind ditching haste and going demo/destro.
    I'm not going to be playing it. You'd need a twin ogron where you tank the ogres away from each other for aff to really shine...numbers wise just doesn't look like it can really compete in any other situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    yes i dont really like demo aswell, too clunky with the stance dance to keep dots up.. aff also bad because its way too simple and has probably the weakest aoe in game. destro is fun enough to play, but needs a serious single target damage buff to be competitive with demo.
    I must say I love the demo buff, demo rotation and options make it more interesting to play and it is imo a lot more fun/interesting than the other 2. Affliction is imo the most boring, closely followed by destro just my opinion.
    When it comes to ST destro is pretty easy to to play and utalize in the "dump" phase when trinkets are up..

After SoO and til the demo buff in highmaul , I've grown really tired of destro. Only part imo it gets abit interesting is cleave/shadow burn situations. And if destro gets a ST buff to demo level, it'll be too strong, and we'll have no reason to go demo even on ST fights. (Destro is just easier to use) Just would like if the speccs. Had their strengths which is close to how they are now..

But back to the subject

Hm, makes great sence. But then it would Be DB I presume with also quite a few SF spams in meta? Simply because of the CD on DB ?
    Last edited by Neevs; 2015-01-27 at 02:46 PM.

it wouldnt be hard to balance demo

Quote Originally Posted by Olyzios View Post
    hah, well have been playing warlock since wotlk (when i started playing wow) and i was always top of the meters, i played affli during worlk when it was one of the hardest specs in game, and demo during cata when it was also not exactly easiest. during mop i was on break i didnt played at all except few month and there i was destro. and even now i have no problem playing any of the specs, all iam saying is demo is not as fluid as destro, it has clunky mechanics and iam not afraid to say it. now get your nose down and look at things realistically.
    Last edited by Demonidze; 2015-01-27 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typo
    BETA CLUB