Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Crows can ask questions as well as recognize themselves in mirrors.
    apes can ask questions as well, but they don't ask for information pertaining to situations that they will then remember (where is my caretaker, how long until i get food etc.)

there's a difference between questions such as "do you want to play catch?" and "when do you want to play catch?". The former question pertains to something that is happening now, and doesn't require the ape to save the information. The latter question we don't see, because apes can't store information and remember the answer for longer periods of time. The ape would just keep asking until they eventually started playing catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I've always been more impressed with certain dogs being able to conceptualise than in some bonobo or chimp to jam a stick in a termite mound.
    Well, Kanzi doesn't jam sticks in termite mounds, he cooks burgers, marshmallows and vegetables, he developed stone tools, he understands and uses human gestures and he can communicate to humans.... but he doesn't stick sticks into termite mounds...

You guys need to look at how smart pigs are. In a lot of areas even beat primates.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm much more amazed at what crows can do, and even more at how quickly they understand complex problems using tools and/or basic physics.

For example :

Ask children to solve the 2nd problems (or even some adults for some of them), see how long it takes for them compared to crows
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Gr8 deb8 m8

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspear View Post
    You guys need to look at how smart pigs are. In a lot of areas even beat primates.
    Pigs don't hold a candle to Kanzi the bonobo or Chantek the orangutan or even Koo the western lowland gorilla..

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I'm much more amazed at what crows can do, and even more at how quickly they understand complex problems using tools and/or basic physics.

Ask children to solve the 2nd problems (or even some adults for some of them), see how long it takes for them compared to crows
    I remember years and years ago, there was a dead crow on the sidewalk just outside my house. It was only there for about a day, day and a half before my neighbor got rid of it. But the entire time it was out there, a procession of crows kept coming and going throughout the day. At one point, there were over 40 crows in the surrounding trees and alighting on poles as if they were holding a silent vigil. At no point did they try to scavenge of the dead crows body. I'd say half the crows in the city passed through during that 32 hour period.

That always stuck with me.

Quote Originally Posted by KievanAquinus View Post
    I remember years and years ago, there was a dead crow on the sidewalk just outside my house. It was only there for about a day, day and a half before my neighbor got rid of it. But the entire time it was out there, a procession of crows kept coming and going throughout the day. At one point, there were over 40 crows in the surrounding trees and alighting on poles as if they were holding a silent vigil. At no point did they try to scavenge of the dead crows body. I'd say half the crows in the city passed through during that 32 hour period.

That always stuck with me.
    They are indeed very intelligent.

So whos the 2nd smartest ape? And are they in training to be #1?.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    why stop there?? who is the dumbest ape??
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Oh, thought this was a thread about Jamarcus Russel.
    Oh well.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    That's pretty awesome, and yea I'm gonna beat the joke and say heprobally is smarter than the lfr raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    why stop there?? who is the dumbest ape??
    Sarah Palin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sarah Palin
    They said ape; not "possessed mannequin"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sarah Palin
    That's pretty anti woman of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    They'd better let him breed so he can pass on them smart ape genes.

Or, I dunno, artificially inseminate female apes with his little swimmers.
    How about no? How long do you think it would take some nutjobs to create an civil rights movement for said apes, trying to give them equal rights, to partake in the 2nd amendment and so on and before you see we'll have the Planet of the Apes on our hands.

No training required, he just needs to outlast the #1 ape and hope no ape smarter than him is born before the #1 ape dies.

I am not anti-women. I am anti-stupid. Which is why I don't for the party that claims to be the party of stupid that hasn't changed their stances on literally anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Why the video title calls him Crazy?
    'Crazy smart', as in 'very smart', English 101

But I am too not surprised at all that a primate can do this, I really consider chimps to be closer to humans than animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attacking Sarah Palin is not an attack on women. Sarah has opened her mouth and proved her stupidity, and it has nothing to do with her gender.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Reminded me of this somehow: