About This Game
    The Homeworld Remastered Collection includes:
    Homeworld Remastered Edition
    Homeworld 2 Remastered Edition

As a bonus, you will also receive free access to:
    Homeworld Classic
    Homeworld 2 Classic
    Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta

Experience the epic space strategy games that redefined the RTS genre. Control your fleet and build an armada across more than 30 single-player missions. Choose unit types, fleet formations and flight tactics for each strategic situation. Utilize advanced research to construct ships ranging from light fighters to huge carriers and everything in between.

The Homeworld games have been painstakingly re-mastered with key members of the original development team and taking critical influence and assistance from the passionate fan community. The Homeworld Remastered Collection introduces Relic's acclaimed space strategy games Homeworld and Homeworld 2 to modern players and operating systems using the newest sophisticated graphics rendering technology, plus a fully remastered score and new, high fidelity voice recordings by the original actors.

As a free bonus, this collection also includes original, non-remastered versions of Homeworld Classic and Homeworld 2 Classic, preserving the purest form of the original releases with compatibility for modern operating systems.

By purchasing Homeworld Remastered Collection, you’ll also receive free access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta at the time of release. The competitive multiplayer modes for both Homeworld and Homeworld 2 have been combined into one centralized mode that will allow you access to content (races, maps and game modes) and improvements, features and technology from both games, allowing you to play unlimited competitive multiplayer space battles on an epic scale.
    http://www.homeworldremastered.com/

Woot! Saw this on steam and had to post it.

10+ Year Old Account
    no cataclysm ? a bit odd but if memory serves well it was made by another company.

nevertheless, will buy both of them and will bathe in nerdgasm !
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    Mod support

Non-crashing version on W7

My butthole isn't ready

Good game with amazing atmosphere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    no cataclysm ? a bit odd but if memory serves well it was made by another company.

nevertheless, will buy both of them and will bathe in nerdgasm !
    Supposedly the source code for Cataclysm has been lost because of being handed through so many studios - or at least, no one knows where the backups might be. (Source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Supposedly the source code for Cataclysm has been lost because of being handed through so many studios - or at least, no one knows where the backups might be. (Source)
    Bit of a shame

Remastered those infected ships/weapons could have looked amazing.

Deleted
    This was one of my favorite childhood games. Really glad to see it's being remastered (and by the looks of it very well!) Will definitely be picking it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already got it. Everyone in my teamspeak is getting it. I expect this thread will likely get bigger when it releases in a month.

I seriously can't wait I fucking loved homeworld
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Slight Necro, didnt want to start a new thread when one exists.

Anyone had a chance to play today as it is currently out! Scott Manly had a dabble on his YT and it looks bloody glorious. Can't wait to play the game in a good resolution Anyone also done any MP I am interested in how its going on that too.

Working day cannot end soon enough!
    RETH

I'm so excited to get this, loved this game so much!

i might have to get this at some point, i have homeworld 2 and when the urge calls i sometimes do a skirmish with the complex mod, found it added a bit of depth to the game but it doesn't really run that great on new pcs.

well heres to homeworld 3 if they ever get around to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It boggles the mind how good this is. It is absolutely fantastic, not just the remastered graphics that are beyond our wildest expectations, but the core values of the original Homeworld games like the atmosphere, space ambiance, gameplay and UI are improved in every single way.

I /facepalmed when I saw the launch trailer, it did not fit the Homeworld theme AT ALL.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Loving this so far. Even the MP works well with the 1 and 2 series units.

The graphics are really well done loving this face lift to what was an awesome game anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    It boggles the mind how good this is. It is absolutely fantastic, not just the remastered graphics that are beyond our wildest expectations, but the core values of the original Homeworld games like the atmosphere, space ambiance, gameplay and UI are improved in every single way.
    apart from the total lack of formations and tactics in teh RMHW1, the multiple failure of missions due to sucess criteria not registering, the bugs in the RMHW1 campaign.

Its not bad, but its not great. it needs a lot more work.

Deleted
    The single player campaign of Homeworld 2 taught me that I know absolutely nothing about playing video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    apart from the total lack of formations and tactics in teh RMHW1, the multiple failure of missions due to sucess criteria not registering, the bugs in the RMHW1 campaign.

Its not bad, but its not great. it needs a lot more work.
    I did notice that hw1 formations seemed a little buggy. The missions seemed fine to me, only failed the bentusi one when I messed up against their cruiser. What sort of bugs did you encounter? My friend had a riva tuner issue where his ships were see through!

Deleted
    Homeworld: Cataclysm was the best game of the franchise, even if, ironically, it was just an add-on.