Sv Hunter PVP ADVICE

Hello Fellow Hunters,

I am fairly new to PVP and so far have been really enjoying it, however I could do with some advice;

1. What is the best approach against rogues? I find that I get completely annihilated when I am faced against one.

2. At what point does one start looking at entering RBG's?

3. Do you recommend any good websites?

4. Are there any essential ADDONS that you recommend?

Any advice would be muchly appreciated

Take my advice with a grain of salt because I am no glad nor have I ever broke 2k. Bit I'll try to help as best I can.
    1. For rogues, trinket kidney smoke bomb combo. disengage, be sure to use frost ammo, concussion in between auto attacks when you can since he can BoS to get rid of a snare. If you see his yellow buff be ready to either cc or have deterrence ready, burst is coming when it turns red. if you run out of escapes for some reason, freezing trap. But honestly you shouldn't run out of things to do, masters call, explo trap, disengage sprints plus all your snares. Keep distance at any cost. If he's spending energy on getting to you, when he gets to you you have a moment before the dmg starts.
    2. Finding a group you match well with is the answer here.
    3. I visit here and Arena junkies probably 50+ times a day just to see what others are saying.
    4. Gladius is great, but sArena works too, most prefer gladius though.
    This was done from my phone so,excuse any typing mistakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansa View Post
    Hello Fellow Hunters,

I am fairly new to PVP and so far have been really enjoying it, however I could do with some advice;

1. What is the best approach against rogues? I find that I get completely annihilated when I am faced against one.

Any advice would be muchly appreciated
    1. As Surv rogues aren't THAT dangerous, MM is boned against rogues btw.
    What you do is not trinket the first cs+ks but use Roar of Sacrifice and eat it. Then disengage (make sure you have Posthaste talent) and start kiting. Make ample use of glyphed exp shot and freezing trap (make sure to have Solace glyph, so your dots don't break it). Use Binding Shot only after they used cloak of shadows, as clos can nullify its effect if the rogue has a working brain and sees the blueish arrow on the ground and pops clos. Usually, they will pop clos at the start of the fight when you dissengaged, so they clear dots and vanish.

Keep practicing, survival deals with rogues quite nicely, mostly because of the lower trap cd. And next patch burst of skill gets a 3 sec cd, so rogues won't be able to clear your slows as soon as you apply them.

2. RBGS...you really wanna do them? Well you can look in the custom group finder for the rare groups that don't ask for a 2k rating but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you're a girl, you could maybe charm some leader from a pvp guild, so he invites you to rbgs. Otherwise, you're screwed just like many other people.

Basically you should acquire all the pvp gear you can for honor and conquest. Even yolo groups won't look at you if you don't have pvp gear at around the level of the max average pvp gear level. No one expects you to have full conquest but you should show at the very least full honor gear with a couple of conquest pieces.

3. Nope.

4. Gladiatorlossa is the only essential one. It has a voice that speaks out the names of the cooldowns enemy players use. It also works as an alerter in wpvp as the addon has a pretty big detection range and it will alert you an enemy faction player is somewhere not that far, ofcourse provided he used a cooldown.

Deleted
    1v1 you kite them to kingdom cum, go for snake traps and keep rooting them and slowing them with frozen ammo.
    2v2 you basicly do the same, rogues have very little to no survival. if you play with a rdruid in 2's root him behind pillars and off trap to help peel for ur druid and ofc freezing traps.
    3v3 here they will most likely go with a other dps that will most likely be a better target again practice peeling.

You can start doing RBG's right off the bat if you so desire, however i prefer going MM in RBGS for the kill potential.
    But you have to realise that RBG is the joke of the pvp community

Skill-capped, if you're completely fresh on a class, the guides in there explain everything in detail very helpful to me when i learned to play shadow priest back in the days. altho its not as updated yet since WoD just launched

Gladius (must for arena), gladiatorlossa is very good for juking cyclones etc. with feign death because it will announce whenever they are being casted also they will announce when the enemy uses cooldowns.
    Tidyplates is a personal preferance to keep track of your dots without looking at the enemy buff plate.

But as with everything else practice makes perfect, i really recommend finding a good player and basicly ask them to tutor you and point out what you're doing wrong.
    if you want you can share some playbacks of some of your matches with me and i can try and help you as much as i can

Regards Apex

Thank you for your reply guys this has been most helpful.

The main reason behind this post is a comment made today in a bg 'How does a hunter die from a rogue, wtf?'

It upset me a bit considering I'm a quite new to pvp. I think I panic and by the time i react..i'm dead!
    I initially joined bg's as a means of improving my raiding skills e.g. dps and movement.

However the more i do them, the more i enjoy them as it gives a different scope to the game.

I am fully pvp geared with an ilvl of 675, including the weapon. I am yet to get the conquest weapon because i haven't accrued the 7000 and something points (currently I have 4500 or something like that). I have been able to get in to a few rbg's but i find them hit and miss, some RL's are really good whilst others offer no plan at the start and just hope for the best and then get mad when the objective has not been met because people are just scattered everywhere.

I will not be discouraged and will keep practicing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansa View Post
    Thank you for your reply guys this has been most helpful.

The main reason behind this post is a comment made today in a bg 'How does a hunter die from a rogue, wtf?'

It upset me a bit considering I'm a quite new to pvp. I think I panic and by the time i react..i'm dead!
    I initially joined bg's as a means of improving my raiding skills e.g. dps and movement.

However the more i do them, the more i enjoy them as it gives a different scope to the game.

I am fully pvp geared with an ilvl of 675, including the weapon. I am yet to get the conquest weapon because i haven't accrued the 7000 and something points (currently I have 4500 or something like that). I have been able to get in to a few rbg's but i find them hit and miss, some RL's are really good whilst others offer no plan at the start and just hope for the best and then get mad when the objective has not been met because people are just scattered everywhere.

I will not be discouraged and will keep practicing
    Yep, rogues and ferals are quite nasty when you're at a low gear level. I know, I've been there, but as you get gear you will notice they start to get less and less threatening.

Keep at it, hunter is a great class for pvp and its banes (balance druid and affliction lock) aren't that common due them sucking harder against many other classes and specs.