10+ Year Old Account

Couple questions about Challenge modes.

Hello. Just a couple questions that have been on my mind i would love to have answered.

1. Seeing that the gear is scaled down. Can i go in there with a fresh lvl 100?
    2. If you got gold on all dungeons. Are the Xmog weps BoA?

Cheers!

Not to make it sound intimidating, but if you're looking at gold CMs you've got quite a task ahead of you.
    1. Gear is scaled down to a 630 ilvl. It does NOT scale UP, meaning a fresh 100 will get destroyed. You will want to make sure all of your items are at least 630 so you can go in with the best gear you can. And even though items are scaled, getting trinkets with better procs, enchanting all of your gear, the proc from the 690 ring all give your gear small boosts in CMs.
    2. I'm fairly certain the weapons are NOT BoA, I believe they are earned for that character, but I'd have to double check.

On another note, since you haven't really seemed to step foot in one yet, CMs are VERY difficult when compared to heroic dungeons. You need to think about what kind of group you want to bring, need to be ready to utilize everything your class has to offer, and know how much damage your group can deal and sustain in order to move efficiently through each dungeon to even come close to gold. Again, don't let that intimidate you, see for yourself! Good luck!

xmog weapons are not boa - there are PLENTY of videos up probably easier to check with the p.o.v. of your class you are going to use

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rygore View Post
    the proc from the 690 ring all give your gear small boosts in CMs.
    Ring proc doesnt work in CMs

Sure you can go as a fresh 100. Good luck hitting 100 with a full set of 630 gear though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

I generally won't invite somebody to a group unless every piece of gear they have is at 630 and enchanted. Sometimes I'll make an exception for one or two pieces.

Challenge Modes are basically just hard as hell and people need to be playing optimally, including having near-optimal gear (which is, thankfully, not hard to get). It's just not worth anybody's time to screw around with people who don't take it seriously enough to bother acquiring some appropriate gear before going in there.