Deleted

6.1 Void Entropy talent choices.

What do you reckon will be default talent choice for Void Entorpy in 6.1?

I think Shadowy Insight will be the go to talent due to 12% chance to proc Instant mindblast due to poor orb generation with VEnt.
    Then again PI looks pretty hot due to how great haste is for VEnt.

At the level 45 Tier. SOD will have nice synergy with Shadowy Insight for more instant Mind Blast but i'm not sure it will be enough to overtake Mind bender.

The most fun choice will obviously be to spec Mind bender and PI. With a 5 orb start the damage will be insane.
    Bloodlust, Haste trinket, PI, Cast Void entropy, MB, SWP, VT, DP, Intellect Pot, Mind bender and watch those Dots melt the boss while spamming Mind Flay.

The best talent for Void Entropy is Auspicious Spirit.

Homophobia is so gay.

The default talent choice for Void Ent in 6.1 will be not pick Void Ent.

And as you can use twitter ingame in 6.1 you can mourn the devs how bad and boring the VEnt design is.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    And as you can use twitter ingame in 6.1 you can mourn the devs how bad and boring the VEnt design is.
    I'd rather use VEnt than Dot Weave. Not enjoying the weave at all.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I'd rather use VEnt than Dot Weave. Not enjoying the weave at all.
    If you want to intentionally nerf your DPS, you're free to use VEnt all you want. However, the title of this thread implies it might be a viable choice in 6.1. Even with a 80% buff, it isn't. AS and CoP are both better -- and will remain better -- until the devs pull their heads out of their asses and realize what we've been telling them the whole time: The talent is woefully ill-designed and needs to be completely overhauled.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    until the devs pull their heads out of their asses and realize what we've been telling them the whole time: The talent is woefully ill-designed and needs to be completely overhauled.
    Judging by what happened/is happening with Saving Grace, they're not going to listen. Saving Grace was shitty all throughout beta, shitty at release, and continues to be shitty even after the "buff" it's getting in 6.1, because the spell itself is just terribly designed and incredibly situational.

I sometimes wonder if Blizz even has a dedicated Priest dev.

VEnt will never be stronger than AS unless it's retardedly broken op. It needs a mechanical change or it won't ever be better or even close with gear.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

You can play CoP w/o weaving and it has a pretty minimal impact on dps. Just MS/MB and DP/Insan with procs or when orb capping. Difference in practice on a ST between that and weaving isn't very much. Way better than trying to shoehorn VE into viability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    You can play CoP w/o weaving and it has a pretty minimal impact on dps. Just MS/MB and DP/Insan with procs or when orb capping. Difference in practice on a ST between that and weaving isn't very much. Way better than trying to shoehorn VE into viability.
    umm no. I'm not going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Judging by what happened/is happening with Saving Grace, they're not going to listen. Saving Grace was shitty all throughout beta, shitty at release, and continues to be shitty even after the "buff" it's getting in 6.1, because the spell itself is just terribly designed and incredibly situational.

I sometimes wonder if Blizz even has a dedicated Priest dev.
    How many years did it take for lightwell to get to where it is again?

Standard Blizzard haha.

I support these messages.

Then just take auspicious spirits. It's basically the same playstyle as VEnt. Asking what's good with VEnt is like asking what's good when you're playing without a t100 talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I might take VEnt just to macro something in the lines of:

#showtooltip
    /cast Void Entropy
    /tweet @Warcraftdevs "Void Entropy. I'm the only one using it so gather the data and see how much it really sucks."

#showtooltip
    /cast Mind Spike
    /tweet @Warcraftdevs "Sorry, Void Entropy sucked too much to keep gathering data."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    How many years did it take for lightwell to get to where it is again?
    I hate it now. I want to click it.

OP, as far as im aware shadowy insight isnt getting buffed. If it stays like live, then I would take PI instead. Yes, it boosts the damage of VEnt when you pop it during fight, but for me the real reason to taking it is that Mind Blast cooldown scale with haste, so pop PI at the start and get VEnt going much faster!
    As for Insanity/Mindbender/Surge of Darkness, none of them really effect VEnt, so just take whatever you want.

Deleted
    Yeah i just realized that i read the patch notes wrong. Shadowy Insight is NOT getting a buff. This is very unfortunate as it would have made orb generation much quicker with VEnt. Oh well.

Deleted

yeah ok do shit dps then instead of 99% of your potential.