Thread: Archangel

Archangel

Hi Guys, at the moment i'm raiding with my priest ilvl 647 so far, and i just came back after 1 year break, so I miss all MOP and I just realize that a lot of my spells are not there any more.

So basically I need some support to catch up on how to use the archangel again, as at the moment with my ilvl I'm doing between 25 to 27k HPS in raids heroic and one pally and druid ilvl 675 are doing like 32 to 34K HPS, am I doing enough HPS with that Ilvl?

should I use it every single time that I have the opportunity? or I'm just wasting my time? also should I stack the evangelism? or just cast the archangel with one stack?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cometa View Post
    Hi Guys, at the moment i'm raiding with my priest ilvl 647 so far, and i just came back after 1 year break, so I miss all MOP and I just realize that a lot of my spells are not there any more.

So basically I need some support to catch up on how to use the archangel again, as at the moment with my ilvl I'm doing between 25 to 27k HPS in raids heroic and one pally and druid ilvl 675 are doing like 32 to 34K HPS, am I doing enough HPS with that Ilvl?

should I use it every single time that I have the opportunity? or I'm just wasting my time? also should I stack the evangelism? or just cast the archangel with one stack?

Thanks a lot for you help.
    Are you raiding with your guild or pug (=pickup group)? If so you should post your logs in order to be able to compare your healing done.

About archangel, since it lasts 18 seconds, and has a 30 second cooldown this splits your behaviour into 2 alternating phases: Healing and Stacking.

Healing is when your raid is taking damage (or is about to). Some Boss fights have big raid-damage phases, followed by few seconds of lesser raid damage - while others (like butcher f.e. has pretty much constant damage incoming on your raid). The 12s without AA should therefore be used to get 5 AA stacks and maintain them (until your raid is about to take damage, duh).

Hi Shaka,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, I'm raiding with my guild, I don't have any logs at the moment, but i can tell that im using all my cd in order like POM, penance, shields, cascade etc, I'm just wondering if I'm doing well with that HPS and with my ilvl and gear as well as i still have some blue items and also I don't think they pretty much priest gear.

At the moment im currently trying to get crit mastery and multistrike.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Deleted
    I really can't tell you if you're doing well only by that raw number. I could tell you that i got 30k in my first highmaul ID, but what does it tell you? That number doesn't display total raid damage taken, spell orders, AA uptime, timing of your abilities etc.. you get the idea.

The stats you're focusing on are correct, but you simply should take any item, if it is an increase to your itemlvl, since you won't get the best stats off of only highmaul gear.

Maybe you can link your armory so I could look through it quickly

I cant post my armory as the website don't allowed me, but my name in game is Mancot and i play in dun mord EU servers.

Thanks a lot again

Deleted
    Hi Shaka,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, I'm raiding with my guild, I don't have any logs at the moment, but i can tell that im using all my cd in order like POM, penance, shields, cascade etc, I'm just wondering if I'm doing well with that HPS and with my ilvl and gear as well as i still have some blue items and also I don't think they pretty much priest gear.

I guess you are playing Disc if you are asking about Evangelism and Archangel. Ideally you want to pop this with 5 stacks of Evangelism to gain the 25% healing boost and guaranteed crit PoH. You should also have a plenty of time between AA cooldowns to build Evangelism through Smite and Solace.

Don't cast PoM as Disc at the moment. Aside from pre-pull, it isn't needed since the spell is beyond awful.

Don't compare yourself with other non-Discipline healers. The mechanics surrounding how absorbs and healing are consumed and recorded means that Discipline has an edge in how good it looks on meters. If you have access to logs at some point, check the hit rate and over healing on your PW:S, check your AA and Solace uptime and make sure you have a decent uptime on Borrowed Time.

For Discipline, mastery wins out but the other stats are actually pretty close. If you have a blue piece and get the opportunity to upgrade to a 650+ haste and versatility piece, you probably want to consider doing that unless you have a socketed item currently in that slot!

- Change your gems/enchants to mastery.
    - Do some arena games to get the mastery/crit bracers. It shouldn't take you longer than 1-2 hours of 2v2s, and they will last you a long time. I'm still using them at 6/7 mythic. The only option in HM is a haste/vers pair, and they're really not worth taking over other classes.
    - Use Solace over Mindbender until next patch. It's important to use Solace on cooldown though. Addons can help you (weak auras, tellmewhen, etc.)
    - I use Clarity of Will on all fights except Butcher and Imperator Mar'gok because it nets me more healing than Words of Mending (PoM sucks). You have to be very comfortable with the fights in HM to ensure that you're not casting CoW when you should be pre-shielding or stacking evangelism.
    - You have to use your time wisely. CoW or DPS during downtime. Shield all debuffs that you see. Pre-shield for incoming AoE damage. Use your AA empowered stacks on 1 PoH. Without the Empowered stacks, PoH is not worth casting (too expensive). It's better to cast 5 shields.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    For Discipline, mastery wins out but the other stats are actually pretty close. If you have a blue piece and get the opportunity to upgrade to a 650+ haste and versatility piece, you probably want to consider doing that unless you have a socketed item currently in that slot!
    Ive been struggling to keep my healing in line with our Holy Priest and Resto Druid. I thought this was due to my stats and in a few cases Ive taken 630 over 640 gear due to having Mastery and Crit over something like Haste and Crit or Mastery and Multistrike based on the stat priority I read at Icy-Veins. But the trouble is I cant find enough gear with "perfect" stats i.e. Mastery and Crit. So should I be wearing my highest item level gear if it has at least Mastery or Crit even when it comes with Haste or Multi or even Versatility?

Note: I was exclusively a SP from BC to WoD but have switched to Disc healing, which I enjoy more than I thought I would, for my guild. So I'm trying to get all this stuff sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    So should I bea wearing my highest item level gear if it has at least Mastery or Crit even when it comes with Haste or Multi or even Versatility?
    You should always equip Ilvl> secondary stats. Your stat priority is this: INT > SP > Mastery > Multistrike > Haste > Versa. Knowing that, Intellect is always your best stat. So taking gear with higher int is always the correct option. At least until BRF comes out. But highmaul, it's always ilvl over everything else.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlebar View Post
    You should always equip Ilvl> secondary stats. Your stat priority is this: INT > SP > Mastery > Multistrike > Haste > Versa. Knowing that, Intellect is always your best stat. So taking gear with higher int is always the correct option. At least until BRF comes out. But highmaul, it's always ilvl over everything else.
    Thank you for the response. So your saying +10 Int would be better even if the piece has Vers as a secondary stat over a piece that may be -10 but has Mastery and Crit as the secondaries? I mean I get that Int is the #1 stat priority but I would think having two perfect secondary stats would outweigh a +10 to even +15 main stat increase.

Also why is your advice only good for HM and not BRF? Are you referring to tier bonuses?

Thank you for the response. So your saying +10 Int would be better even if the piece has Vers as a secondary stat over a piece that may be -10 but has Mastery and Crit as the secondaries? I mean I get that Int is the #1 stat priority but I would think having two perfect secondary stats would outweigh a +10 to even +15 main stat increase.

Also why is your advice only good for HM and not BRF? Are you referring to tier bonuses?
    Mainly because the gear gap should be larger. Also, Intellect has double the stat weight of our other stats, and that's doubly so at low gear levels.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Spreadsheet I'm just going to leave this here for you to check out. It should help quite a bit, with exactly what you are referring to.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Ive been struggling to keep my healing in line with our Holy Priest and Resto Druid. I thought this was due to my stats and in a few cases Ive taken 630 over 640 gear due to having Mastery and Crit over something like Haste and Crit or Mastery and Multistrike based on the stat priority I read at Icy-Veins. But the trouble is I cant find enough gear with "perfect" stats i.e. Mastery and Crit. So should I be wearing my highest item level gear if it has at least Mastery or Crit even when it comes with Haste or Multi or even Versatility?

Note: I was exclusively a SP from BC to WoD but have switched to Disc healing, which I enjoy more than I thought I would, for my guild. So I'm trying to get all this stuff sorted out.
    Going for perfect stats is jut not feasible right now because the majority of slots in Highmaul only have one option (one helm, one pair of boots, legs, shoulders, bracers, etc.). For the pieces that did have options, I tried to have at least spirit, mastery, or crit on them. Unlike many priests on here, I've been gearing up solely with Mythic Imperator Mar'gok in mind, and so I've valued spirit higher than most due to the length of the fight (14-15min).

The result: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gerlily/simple

As I've mentioned above, I haven't upgraded my bracers because it's more beneficial to let our other casters upgrade theirs first. But for everything else, I've taken item level upgrades that suited Disc priests as best as I could.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlebar View Post
    Your stat priority is this: INT > SP > Mastery > Multistrike > Haste > Versa. .
    Int > SP > mastery > multistrike = crit > haste > versa, you mean.

Deleted
    If you feel you have the time or money for it, you can always use crafted items on slots with suboptimal stats.
    I crafted (and upgraded to 670) Bracers and Pants myself since i felt the other options in HM were terrible.

With BRF around the corner, that won't really be an issue anymore.

As for archangel useage, it depends on the fight imo. On Butcher you want to pop it on cooldown because the dmg is constant but on other fights it's obviously ok to sit on it for a little while to make sure you get the most out of it (and EAA) during high dmg.

Edit: As has been said before, having good auras to track your cooldowns etc helps a lot.

AA aura:
    White = evang stacks, green = time left on AA, red = cooldown
    The clockwise color thing in the background is the duration left on my evangelism stacks.

Solace aura: the "-7" is the time it has been off CD and i havn't casted it, basically to make me feel bad for being a scrub :P

They are not the prettiest auras ever but i'm not really an expert either. I like to keep it simple and functional
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2015-01-29 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post

Solace aura: the "-7" is the time it has been off CD and i havn't casted it, basically to make me feel bad for being a scrub :P
    I like that! Is that a feature of weak auras?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Don't compare yourself with other non-Discipline healers. The mechanics surrounding how absorbs and healing are consumed and recorded means that Discipline has an edge in how good it looks on meters. If you have access to logs at some point, check the hit rate and over healing on your PW:S, check your AA and Solace uptime and make sure you have a decent uptime on Borrowed Time.
    Could you please explain why we must have a decent uptime in Borrowed Time. Is it usefull, since we mostly cast shields that are instant?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallphas View Post
    Could you please explain why we must have a decent uptime in Borrowed Time. Is it usefull, since we mostly cast shields that are instant?
    Haste still reduces the GCD so you can cast instants faster. Borrowed time is however relatively weak if you have low haste rating

Hi Shaka,

looking through your logs, you pull an extremely low hps on basically every boss at your ilvl. you're gemming and enchanting the wrong stat, gem and enchant mastery. dont ever cast pom as disc, its utterly trash ability and quite honestly a negative global in 99.9% of situations.

an example log to go off of of one of your recent butcher kills:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=44

OK. Dont ever use Heal. PWS is simply better. Use PWS way more than you are. It should be at least 60% of your total healing. I dont see any casts of Solace? That should be used on cooldown (especially over Mindbender, it just gives more regen if you use it on cd). That will give you back a lot of mana and will generally solve your mana problems if you're solacing on cooldown and use a channeled mana pot (it might not seem like you have time to use a channeled mana pot on butcher, but if you call it out and let the other healers know before you use it its generally completely fine as the healers can rotate pot channel time). cutting out heal usage, changing your enchants and gems, solacing on cooldown, and using PWS basically on every global when penance or cascade isnt up and needed will shoot your hps up by about 10k at your ilvl.

one more thing: i dont see archangel used even once? get stacks with your solace on cooldown (and even smite on fights where there is little healing needed for some periods), then pop archangel on cooldown and get a crit prayer of healing. that will significantly boost your healing along with the archangel healing buff.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&type=healing

theres one of my butcher parses for heroic. keep in mind im a lot higher item level so i dont expect the same hps numbers, but the percentages and skill breakdowns are there for you to look at.

and my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istinez/simple

one thing i would recommend when you look at my logs though is to cast pws more, and poh less than me, thats purely because i outgear the content and can afford to spam poh more than you probably can. and also dont use glyph of pws. its not very good i just wanted to use it for funs.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2015-01-31 at 05:20 AM.