Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Game of Cops and Robbers gets a little too real

You know the story.

"Responsible" gun owner leaves a gun where his kids can find it.

They decide to use it to play cops and robbers.

15 year old shoots his 13 year old brother in the chest and the 13 year old dies.

No word on which one was the Cop and which one was the Robber.

I once played with a butter knife I snuck out of my parents' kitchen with and almost impaled my friend at the time with it when I threw it past him. Should ban kitchenware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly this is a case of police brutality. The "criminal" was just a poor innocent boy, who did no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I once played with a butter knife I snuck out of my parents' kitchen with and almost impaled my friend at the time with it when I threw it past him.
    How hard did you throw it?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Clearly this is a case of police brutality. The "criminal" was just a poor innocent boy, who did no wrong.
    I never thought about it like that.

Maybe this is just a very accurate version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Sad day when even children recognize the police brutality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a "responsible" owner if you leave a weapon unattended without it being locked up.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Dang.

That really fucking sucks.

I guess the only consolation somewhat is that the 11 year old didn't see her brother die.

The 15 y/o will live with this the rest of his life though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Sad day when even children recognize the police brutality.
    I was being sarcastic but ok. Now I am sad.

Deleted
    was this in europe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kid learned a lesson about playing with guns his "responsible" parents should have had a talk with him about years ago.

Was the kid wearing a body camera?

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    was this in europe?

Quote Originally Posted by KievanAquinus View Post
    You know the story.

15 year old shoots his 13 year old brother in the chest and the 13 year old dies.

If the 15 year old was the cop, there'd already be protest marches in their town. Sorry, grim sense of humor. Yeah, pretty clearly another case of an irresponsible gun owner, and the subsequent appeals to emotion to justify screwing over the responsible ones when the correct remedies are in the criminal justice system and/or civil courts and/or family courts.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2015-01-27 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    The boys were home alone with their 11-year-old sister when they found an unloaded 9 mm pistol belonging to their father. A magazine with cartridges for the gun was nearby, police said.
    At some point, the firearm was loaded, then thought to be unloaded while the boys chased each other as they played "cops and robbers," investigators said.
    Well I guess on the bright side, he now knows not to play with guns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Typical officer killing ANOTHER gentle angel. We all know he was going to feed the homeless, right after donating blood, then construct a church for the poor.

#JusticeforRucati #he dun noting #hewasanangel #Ican'tpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Kid learned a lesson about playing with guns his "responsible" parents should have had a talk with him about years ago.
    I don't know if "the talk about gun safety" is a magic spell.

Who's to say they didn't get the talk? They were 15 and 13. Maybe the talk didn't take.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KievanAquinus View Post
    You know the story.

Bolded part made me chuckle
    But damn, Stupid parent for leaving the gun around, and moronic 15year old for playing with it, even the 13year old should have known not to play with guns, Well, he does now, or did, until he bled to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Irresponsible parents. That's about it.
    Oh no no, as a European from a country where guns are banned I should definitely note how evil guns are and should be banned. The sheer fact that Americans haven't figured this out is a sign that they are beneath us and I need to express this in every gun topic ever. It is simply the right thing to do. We insult you untill you hurr durr muricans accept it, just like you accepted our communist health insurance system!

Now we only need an American to come in and cry about every European nationbashing and we have covered at least the first 50 pages of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Oh no no, as a European from a country where guns are banned I should definitely note how evil guns are and should be banned. The sheer fact that Americans haven't figured this out is a sign that they are beneath us and I need to express this in every gun topic ever. It is simply the right thing to do. We insult you untill you hurr durr muricans accept it, just like you accepted our communist health insurance system!

Now we only need an American to come in and cry about every European nationbashing and we have covered at least the first 50 pages of the thread.
    Hey! As an American I am offended! At least we have freedom!!!!!!!!