Deleted

Brawler's Guild (Warlords of Draenor)

Hiya,

As all of you (Who do this sort of thing) know, the Brawler's Guild is back for Season 2, with the same fights but in a whole new order... Kind of.

The issues that I'm having with it, is I've hit some quite severe issues with fights that were the simplest fights ever during Mists.

So the point of this post, I guess, is to find out what changes any of my fellow Rogues have encountered in the Brawler's Guild fights that have made them much more difficult since Mists of Pandaria.

And more importantly, how you got over them - Talent/Glyph changes, persistence, learning a new spec, or just getting new gear.

Myself, I got HUGELY jammed on Tyson Sanders, because his chickens just loved to fry me up for dinner - Ironic.

The way I counteracted it was building a Combat spec (Which I now use as my main spec, actually), farming Ashran for a Primal Combatant's Cleaver and using it in my MH with the dagger from Highmaul LFR in my OH, and proceeding to just face-tank him with Blade Flurry and Leeching Poison on, and cycling through defensives (Cloak of Shadows w/ Glyph, Combat Readiness, etc).

I barely got him down before I was demolished, mind you, but the fact is it worked.

So - Anyone else found any particular difficulties, and how did you get over them?

I'm hoping to build on this thread just so that any rogues that have difficulties can just come and find out what's up, rather than trying to google it and getting all the Mists of Pandaria tactics (As I did)

TL;DR - Brawling is hard, how'd you do it without dying / bugging it?

I didn't have any trouble with Tyson Sanders as a 669 combat, but the one I am stuck on is Dark Summoner. I have a hard time putting damage on the summoner with the fast spawn of the ghosts.

The final boss of tier 6, DO NOT turn on blade furry like I did. I killed 2 birds single target then dps boss, when buff drops kill others. When using blade furry he would spawn 10 ravens at a time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemat View Post
    The final boss of tier 6, DO NOT turn on blade furry like I did.
    Yeah don't worry I found that out the hard way lol. I'm currently jammed on Dark Summoner as well, with the sheer rate he brings in ghosts.

So far my best attempt was actually going assassination, and using Shadow Reflection on the actual guy while I burst down some ghosts.

Obviously that won't get him all the way down, but it's been my best go so far.

Thinking of trying Sub for this fight but that's quite a steep learning curve for me.

Combat apparently works well, if you get lucky with the positioning, you just let the ghosts get semi-close and Blade Flurry them down while focusing the skelly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemat View Post
    I didn't have any trouble with Tyson Sanders as a 669 combat, but the one I am stuck on is Dark Summoner. I have a hard time putting damage on the summoner with the fast spawn of the ghosts.

The final boss of tier 6, DO NOT turn on blade furry like I did. I killed 2 birds single target then dps boss, when buff drops kill others. When using blade furry he would spawn 10 ravens at a time.
    Having similar issues. The range on those ghosts is a little unfair

I did Tyson Sanders back at around 630ilvl. I used assassination with SR. I pretty much just went in there and bursted him down while using back to back evasions (reset with premed) when chickens got close. At the time I was just winging the brawlers guild, so my choices might not make much sense, but the the back to back evasions cheesed the fight quite nicely.

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Quote Originally Posted by Auress View Post
    I did Tyson Sanders back at around 630ilvl. I used assassination with SR. I pretty much just went in there and bursted him down while using back to back evasions (reset with premed) when chickens got close. At the time I was just winging the brawlers guild, so my choices might not make much sense, but the the back to back evasions cheesed the fight quite nicely.
    There is a talent to make Tyson sanders a joke. Shrukiken Toss. Run around the room using sprint / BoS and just toss him to death. Incredibly easy.

All as combat.

Tyson just run around and own him. Shrukiken Toss makes this trivial.

Dark summoner. Turn on blade flurry and face tank him. Adds die in one hit. Makes the fight trivial.

Snake boss. Go to interface and click help, click open movement pad. Toggle on walk. Hit the move backward in the move pad. Kite backwards and steer him away from poison clouds.

Meatball. Easy fight just grab every orb and own him in red zone with KS.

Hope this helps.

I've got to rank 8 on the Brawlers as a 672 Combat rogue. I've done around 7 of the challenge cards too.

Some tips for people wanting to do it.

Know your limit. Having good gear is kind of a must for some of the later fights. Some fights require use of tactics, but others are a gear check. If you keep dying and only get the boss down to 50% and have the tactics working, go get some better gear.

Use flasks, savage feasts, buy Drums on the AH (or make them if you have leatherworking) as having bloodlust can make or break a fight.

Pre-pot before the fight with the Brawlers Agility potion! Then use it again as soon as it's off CD. Huge DPS increase from that with your CDs.

The fights I had issues with...

The snake was a pain. But after someone just told me I should use walking and backpeddle like that it was easy. Took me a few attempts but got him down easy enough.

Dark Summoner... holy hell those ghosts were annoying. Took me about 15 attempts (that was infuriating, killing the ghosts as melee was a nightmare, just took me multiple attempts to understand the melee range of those ghosts is huge, and sometimes I'd get unlucky and one would spawn in a bad spot).

Then it was the Rank 7 final fight. The Dranaei Pally, that was tough. Took me about 30 odd attempts. Had to use Drums, using a savage feast, pots, everything. Even killed him once but died due to the enrage timer (that was the worst, but I tried one more time, and downed him).

Working my way through the challenge cards now.

I've completed;

Grandpa Grumplefloot (1shot him)
    Lady and the Bear (took me about 10 attempts, in the end I just timed my CCs and just didn't get knocked off, using KS when I was slapped off and KS to stun her for 8secs).
    MAster Boom Boom (1shot)
    Splat (1shot)
    Razorgrin (1shot)
    Blingtron (2 attempts)
    Ty'thar (1shot)
    Mecha-bruce (have yet to kill him, tried maybe 3 times)

Still need to get the cards for Ro-Shambo, Blind Hero and Dippy and Doopy.

I'm really struggling on Mingus Dingus. The damage he does is stupid and I can down 2 pillars but after that, I just start to die horribly. I've got a few ideas how to do that fight, and I'll give it a shot on the weekend (mainly using feint with evasiveness to reduce the damage...hopefully).
    Last edited by ninja-eu; 2015-01-28 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynwald View Post
    Dark summoner. Turn on blade flurry and face tank him. Adds die in one hit. Makes the fight trivial.
    Can I ask what game it is you're playing where the adds are dying in one hit for Dark Summoner? It takes me a good 4-5 seconds per ghost, if not more, what with having over 80k (almost 90k) health each and my gear being iLvl 644 atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliez View Post
    Can I ask what game it is you're playing where the adds are dying in one hit for Dark Summoner? It takes me a good 4-5 seconds per ghost, if not more, what with having over 80k (almost 90k) health each and my gear being iLvl 644 atm.
    Yeah the ghosts do take a few hits with bladeflurry, he's a tough boss. Maybe come back when you've got a few more ilevels? 644 isn't that high. The last fight, rank 7 fight 4, even at 670, and drums, flasks, etc, I still only killed him when half the arena was raining fire.

My bad. I was referring to Dominika not dark summoner. Sorry. that was just my take on the rank 4 bosses.

Deleted
    I went assassiantion for most of my fights. Completed rank 7 with 672 ilvl.

Combat is great on Tyson Sanders, Big Badda Boom, Leaper Gnome Quintet and Yikkan Izu.

Ofc had to have 1 wipe on dippy, too much tunnel vision xD
    Dark Summoner was probebly the most annoying fight. The RNG of the ghosts sucks and they can hit you from so far away.
    DPS check on Ahoo'ru was tight as fack aswell think I had 2-3s left.