Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Transformation Toy's as Boomkin

Hello my lovely mmo druid champs

Is it just me or is'nt abit annoying that you cant use your Transformation Toy well in boomkin form?
    I would love if blizz would make it possible to do so. since there's so many toy's doing such thing but i cant use them

Leave your thoughts on this, and lets see if blizz will change it

Deleted
    To be honest, the only time you NEED to be in Boomshape, is in combat.

To be honest, the only time you NEED to use Trans Toys, is out of combat.

To be quite honest, those two situations will never occur at the same time, so I don't really see the problem. And this is coming from a boomkin...

I think the Gamon disguise was designed to be used in combat. It does combat-related emotes during combat. As a Boomkin, it's odd when you use the Gamon thing and you sound like Gamon and do Gamon's emotes during combat but still look like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

To be quite honest, those two situations will never occur at the same time, so I don't really see the problem. And this is coming from a boomkin...
    On the contrary, many people like to use costumes during combat as well. I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks that they are useless in combat, but there is certainly a large number of people who will disagree. If they truly were only designed to be used out of combat, then they would all break on damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    On the contrary, many people like to use costumes during combat as well.
    There's a difference between need and like, which is why I used capital letters for that word. Don't get me wrong, I do like to drink a potion of illusion now and then, or use the good old iron boot flask, but the point was that you don't need to use boomshape and toys at the same time. You want to, yes, of course you want to, it's fun and this is a game that should be fun. But you don't need to.

Deleted
    I never said anything about "need to" i just find it wierd that all other classes can use them but we cant, also since they didnt update the Moonkin form i find it rather ugly in comparison to the char models

There's a difference between need and like, which is why I used capital letters for that word. Don't get me wrong, I do like to drink a potion of illusion now and then, or use the good old iron boot flask, but the point was that you don't need to use boomshape and toys at the same time. You want to, yes, of course you want to, it's fun and this is a game that should be fun. But you don't need to.
    My point is that you do not get to determine for others what they do and do not "need" cosmetically. It's not a "need" either way, but a preference. But again, you don't get to decide whether or not I like wearing one costume or another, a particular mog set, or if that's in combat. It all falls into the same category.

Deleted
    My point is that you do not get to determine for others what they do and do not "need" cosmetically. It's not a "need" either way, but a preference. But again, you don't get to decide whether or not I like wearing one costume or another, a particular mog set, or if that's in combat. It all falls into the same category.
    I totaly agree with you on that one

Disagree 100% with this comment. I love the costumes in combat. I am not a boomkin but I am a hunter. Some costumes will not work at all for hunters. I just stand there and arrows/bullets fly out of me and I dont move....cant stand that.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    *waits for Arakkoa glpyh for Balance with grump face*

I need it blizz.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Disagree 100% with this comment. I love the costumes in combat. I am not a boomkin but I am a hunter. Some costumes will not work at all for hunters. I just stand there and arrows/bullets fly out of me and I dont move....cant stand that.
    Yeah, I remember deliberately using thin&short costumes on H-Malkorok because the orbs were really hard to see when they spawned underneath me (male tauren resto druid).

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between need and like,
    Sure; many people like transmog, but no one actually needs it.

Doesn't mean that far more people prefer transmog than people who "just don't care."

It's not like making it so costumes could override boomkin form would be some colossal, raid-tier compromising undertaking either. There's no reason not to change it to allow costumes to function.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    By far my most sought out feature from WoW; not even exaggerating.

Blizzard's argument for not allowing transformations initially is because in PVP you wouldn't know what spec people are and it is not lore friendly. But with the addition of Glyph of Stars and the removal of default Tree Form I no longer see this to be a valid reason. So at this point I do not see any compelling reason why this option does not exist.

Not at all. People use transformations in combat all of the time, because they want to look that way while in combat. What's the fun in using transformations when sitting around your garrison instead of doing something?

This issue has affected me, on every single alt I have this strange OCD-like complex where must use a transformation 100% of the time when in raids just to experience the feeling and it's amazing every time.

It also annoyed me in a hotfix(?) they made the aura stay when you changed form instead of outright removing it, and I questioned why they just couldn't go the full way.

Quote Originally Posted by Saga1234 View Post
    Blizzard's argument for not allowing transformations initially is because in PVP you wouldn't know what spec people are and it is not lore friendly. But with the addition of Glyph of Stars and the removal of default Tree Form I no longer see this to be a valid reason. So at this point I do not see any compelling reason why this option does not exist.
    On this note, I could see a valid argument in PvP about wearing a costume and thus not being able to see when a Druid shifted from form to form.

"Why are they suddenly running faster?" *checks buffs* "Oh look, I guess that puff of smoke put them in travel form."

Similar situations would certainly exist when switching to bear form, popping tree form, etc.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying that it's all forms, not just boomie, cosmetic things often disappear, only downside of being a druid

It was something that was possible in the past that Blizzard decided they didn't like

Deleted
    On this note, I could see a valid argument in PvP about wearing a costume and thus not being able to see when a Druid shifted from form to form.

"Why are they suddenly running faster?" *checks buffs* "Oh look, I guess that puff of smoke put them in travel form."

Similar situations would certainly exist when switching to bear form, popping tree form, etc.
    Well now a day the spec of the druid is already shown before you even start the fight in arena, i can see the problem with Bear form and maybe Cat form. but as moonkin i cant see what wrong, but cant they just unable Trans toy's in arena, and there is no problem at all

Deleted
    Finalboss.tv did a dev interview just before the launch of warlords where the question was brought up, and they said they were looking into making toys override druidforms everywhere execpt for rated pvp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIFvW6veAE0 (interveiw)

I can't remember the time where the question is raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    *waits for Arakkoa glpyh for Balance with grump face*

I need it blizz.
    Oh god yes, this! They already have amazing animations and stuff ready. Just tie it with Glyph of Solstice so you have choice between being Moonchicken or Sunchicken. Makes so much sense too!

Deleted
    [/QUOTE]

(interveiw)

I can't remember the time where the question is raised.[/QUOTE]
    It's at 1 hour 18minish in.