Thread: 6.1 Selfies!

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

6.1 Selfies!

I know a lot of players are "displeased" or QQing moar about this. But, I am actually excited for this feature. It is fun and its a new way I can share my xmogs with friends while playing around in-game. It is also creative of them to be able to introduce this into the game (like they did the barbershops) and have the twitter options as well.

Way to go!

What do you guys think? or am I the only one who is excited for this? What creative ideas do you have for your selfies? =D

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent been able to get the mission for it on the ptr :|

now all we need is mirriors and half naked female blood elfs.
    Im sure as hell gonna visit Moonguard, gooldshire inn

i'd rather take screenshots the non-obnoxious or egotistical way

...why is dev time going to this nonsense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post

Because developers don't live in a pit where everyone does everything set to a specific deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i havent been able to get the mission for it on the ptr :|
    I dont usually go to PTR since I'm always doing achievements and stuff on live servers. But I will def go to go check out the PTR for this. Hope you get the quest soon!

is it really hard to spin the camera around and press "print screen"?

people have been using it for 10 years

B.c screenshots are just that. Plain. Personally, aside from raiding and other things, I enjoy the fun creative features the game offers. And I dont see it as egotistical. I spend a lot of time in-game be it farming mounts, pets, or doing old school/new content for achievements...if this will allow me to include it in the selfies feature, Im all for it. If you dont like it or w.e you don't have to use it

10+ Year Old Account

But a normal screenshot doesn't look like a selfie, this literally has you holding the S.E.L.F.I.E up to take the picture similar to as you would in real life.

I honestly can't wait, it would have hardly required much development time to do this, not like we're missing out on anything else, it's just a little bit of fun.

Well, if I had to take a wild stab, it would be because the developers at Blizzard have a specific, personal dislike of you, and so invest time in building things that will annoy you as much as possible in order to laugh at your anguished forum posts.

...or possibly because it is quick, fun, and many people like that wow is kinda, y'know, not serious about a lot of stuff at the edges. I dunno. Gotta admit, though, that first theory is pretty compelling to me...

I just got back from PAX and found out about this. I was overjoyed. I think what surprised me the most about this was that I was surprised that people found a reason to complain about it.

I can't wait for my camera.

TWITTER: @KunamiMata / FACEBOOK: kunamimata / TUMBLR: kibbleandbit

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    This item should have like 25% on killing you on use. Then it would be fine.

I can't stand RL selfies, so let alone WoW selfies.

Before we know there will be in-game X-Boxes and webcam features for your character.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

This is way more "savage".

I'm afraid with Garrisons and the direction the game has been going in, now with twitter and selfies, it's becoming a buzzword-driven social media abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    LOL! That would indeed be pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm afraid with Garrisons and the direction the game has been going in, now with twitter and selfies, it's becoming a buzzword-driven social media abomination.
    Maybe an abomination to you...but its a way for players to network and interact about the game more than just in-game. I enjoy reading twitter posts from WoW developers and other players as well. It can get quick dialogs going while doing lame dailies and grinding or w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    This is way more "savage".
    LMAO!!!

/10char

I honestly haven't researched this at all but I'd say it's a safe bet to say this would have in game ui elements to make finding and editing the pics easier and faster. Yes opening your screenshot folder isn't hard, i know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The gnomish version would almost never explode! Almost...
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, with this selfie item and twitter, we can now allow everyone to see our Garrison 100% of the time.