Poll: Should we get Karabor/Bladespire as capitals?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

So, should Karabor/Bladespire capitals be introduced in a future patch?

During the beta Bashiok mentioned that the reason we didn't get Karabor/Bladespire for capitals was that they simply couldn't make it in time(regardless of it being true or not).

with Ashran getting mixed reviews from playersdo you guys think we should get the two capitals in some future patch (perhaps the last WoD patch)? or are people fine with spending their time in their Garrison 24/7 ?

--- So what should be added to Karabor/Bladespire? besides ordinary vendors/NPCs.

- Capital Leaders : for quest/lore/world pvp purposes. achievements should be designed to award those who have killed the faction leaders. (maybe a mount?)

- Portals to other capitals : a great way to attract more players to the capitals and away from their Garrisons. Draenor capitals can be linked to other capitals, making players more likely to spend their time there where they have easy access to other places of WoW.

- high-end PVE armor vendors.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-01-16 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    do you guys think we should get the two capitals in some future patch? or are people fine with spending their time in their Garrison 24/7 ?
    Why make new capital cities when you garrison does the job?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that boat may have passed us, sadly. I think we're Garrison, and the Ashran Outposting it this Xpac.
    Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
    Signature by Me!

Should? Yes. Will it happen? Nope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Why make new capital cities when you garrison does the job?
    yes but Garrisons don't really strike me as a mighty capital. Garrisons are restricted to each player via phasing, but Karabor/Bladespire are fixed locations. it could be a good way for Blizzard to bring back "capital" attacks in form of Karabor/Bladespire raids, with flying mounts gone it can be a good experience to have 40 man raids organized by factions and rush into Draenor capitals to kill the capital leader.

the Garrison model is something fresh, true. but it doesn't strike me as a good model for the future of WoW. I want to explore the game, not sit in a base somewhere and order my followers to do quests on my stead and bring me loot.

and additionally, think of the future expansions. will blizzard sacrifice all the unique potential capitals they can make for the sake of giving us a phased generic Garrison that serves no lore purpose? lore-wise we don't even exist in the game.

I think they should introduce more features to tempt the playerbase to leave their Garrison and interact with the world. besides raids and stuff.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-01-16 at 06:35 PM.

I never go to the Trashcan hub unless doing something there that only exists there (like queuing for Ashran or buying PvP gear) as a way to protest the fact that it is absolute garbage compared to Karabor. I know it's falling on deaf ears, and nobody realizes I'm doing it, but I can't support such a terrible development decision.

Seems unlikely they'd do that towards the end of an expansion. Be a tad wasteful no?

It would be a nice to have them but I personally would

1. Get rid of storehouse and put a bank and AH in every garrison.
    2. Portals to all major cities in garrisons.
    3. Scrap open world Ashran and make it a BG like WSG, AB, etc.. (That would stop 4+ hour queues)

So pretty much make the garrisons their own capitol cities.

Anything is better than garrisons and Warspear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    Seems unlikely they'd do that towards the end of an expansion. Be a tad wasteful no?
    I'd be much happier if they introduced them sooner ofc.

they can add portals to capitals . it gives players a good reason to leave their garrison and spend more time in the capital.

I'd vote for Yrel being Karabor's capital leader. That way Blizzard can solidify her role as leader of the Draenei in the alternative timeline (they are, infact doing their best to introduce her as such), and give Horde players the great satisfaction of killing her for achievement points. :P
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-01-16 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    Feels like a total waste of time.

Both of them are too large for their own good and dont really have much variety to them. I was upset about not getting proper capitals too but once I experienced them myself, I understood why they did the Ashran thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Feels like a total waste of time.

Both of them are too large for their own good and dont really have much variety to them. I was upset about not getting proper capitals too but once I experienced them myself, I understood why they did the Ashran thing.
    ... too large? I think that's actually a good thing, small capitals are not a good thing. take MoP shrines for example.

being too big is not a bad thing IMO. they just have to give SOME features to make the capitals desirable for players. take portals for example, that can be a good thing. that's why I said they should introduce them in the last patch, when the big bad guy is dead and players are lore-wise able to travel back into Azeroth again.

and what do you mean by variety? I think they're actually fine imo, I don't find Karabor "boring" at all.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-01-16 at 06:56 PM.

Question is... why even bother to leave garrisons ? Sure, it would be better to add Karabor/Spire than the junkhole Ashran hubs we have right now, but even then I see no reason to leave my garrison.

I'd rather see the recourses spent elsewhere, not use them to make Karabor capital.

I doubt they'll ever be added. Blizzard couldn't even be bothered to clean up the dead orcs in Karabor. Just one of the many ways garrisons fucked us over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathorian View Post
    Question is... why even bother to leave garrisons ? Sure, it would be better to add Karabor/Spire than the junkhole Ashran hubs we have right now, but even then I see no reason to leave my garrison.
    which is sad because in my experience, in some cases Blizzard has tried to push players together and force them into socialization yet even then they introduce a feature that further isolates players and hurts the social aspect of their MMO. it's like they don't even know what direction they should be taking. Garrisons are good imo, but they shouldn't have made them THIS important in player experience.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Garrison > Every old azerothian capital + Outland Shattrat + Dalaran + Ashran > Shrines. I'm the GENERAL now. And Mr. General will not join the settlers in their ugly capitals - no. I stay on my bastion of awesomeness, giving out missions and parting on crusades to spread the peacefull ways of the Earthmother BY FORCE!!!

No, but seriously, I enjoy my garrison more than all the capitals. I see no diference between my followers walking around and the other players, since I never interacted with the players before anyway. Trade Chat, my Guild and Group Finders give me all the human interaction I need. And I hope next expansion, the "new-garrison-base" continues with this trend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sorcerer View Post
    I see no diference between my followers walking around and the other players, since I never interacted with the players before anyway. Trade Chat, my Guild and Group Finders give me all the human interaction I need. And I hope next expansion, the "new-garrison-base" continues with this trend.
    WoW is not a single-player game. you can't "replace" people with NPCs, that's exactly the negative effect of Garrisons. it pushed people further into a having a single-player experience.

I hope exactly for the opposite. WoW should encourage more player interaction outside of raids and dungeons, instead of trying to replace it with solo experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrisons make me sad cause when I go to org it's practically dead. I love major cities, even if sometimes I jist sit there for hours I could be interacting with others. Now I can stare at NPCs and some stupid followers I don't even want in my shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sorcerer View Post
    My Garrison > Every old azerothian capital + Outland Shattrat + Dalaran + Ashran > Shrines. I'm the GENERAL now. And Mr. General will not join the settlers in their ugly capitals - no. I stay on my bastion of awesomeness, giving out missions and parting on crusades to spread the peacefull ways of the Earthmother BY FORCE!!!

No, but seriously, I enjoy my garrison more than all the capitals. I see no diference between my followers walking around and the other players, since I never interacted with the players before anyway. Trade Chat, my Guild and Group Finders give me all the human interaction I need. And I hope next expansion, the "new-garrison-base" continues with this trend.
    I hate my garrison. I just want to drop a nuke on it.

Deleted
    No real point in doing it, at this point. Ship has sailed. I do have to say though, after playing through Shadowmoon 8 times and Frostfire 3 times, I did end up liking Bladespire more than Karabor, which I didn't expect.