Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofo View Post
    not know what to do exactly
    You do whatever. The majority of the game is non linear.

i cleared first zone but after i had to switch i got WRECK faced idk if its gear issue or i suck

- - - Updated - - -

im currently switching to a shadow priest in wow would mesmer match that and if so do mesmers do well in pvp from caster standpoint i know last time i played there were alot of mesmer melee builds
    By melee mesmer, I assume you mean shatter? Shatter is still decent to strong. PU is kinda popular, but the stealth makes you terrible at holding points. It's also cheese city.

There is staff/gs shatter which gives you the safety of double range, and you actually rely on halting strike more than shatter dmg.

All mes builds except for PU lack good condy cleanse. I have seen some mantras ran with staff/gs, but I haven't tried it in COnquest yet myself. I do it in WvW and it's quite good.

not know what to do exactly
    Ok. That makes more sense. If you are getting destroyed then you are probably in a higher level zone. All of the zones have level ranges and it's advisable to stick to those. It's also not like other games where you can gather up 20 mobs and AOE them down. You need to be a bit more circumspect. If you look at the map you can get an idea of what zones are the natual progressions for your level. The personal story helps here because it will normally take you to the next zone. It also helps to complete a map. Try and do everything you can on the map, points of interest, vistas, hearts, some dynamic events, etc. until you get 100% completion on the map. There is a nice reward for that, especially at the higher levels. Things you can do along the way are:

World bosses (Dulfy has a timer when you can see them at http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/)
    Jumping Puzzles (These are not the same as vistas. They can be very addictive. Dulfy also has a guides on these at http://dulfy.net/2012/09/16/gw2-jump...-guild-wars-2/). Having an engineer helps for these as there is a jump shot on the shotgun.
    Personal Story
    WvW - I like to jump into WvW from time to time.

Make sure you get your pick, sickle and axe. Gathering gives nice XP and the mats are useful later on.

http://gw2cartographers.com/ has a nice map of Tyria. If you are starting with a human then you would typically go down to Kessex Hills after you have completed Queensdale. If you go across to Gendarren Fields then you will probably get destroyed.

One more point, remember to repair your gear from time to time. If you see yourself naked then your gear is probably broken.

Deleted
    If you're having difficulty in the higher level zones, you could also play/complete the starter zones of the other races, they're easy to get to using the asura gates.

Your level (and power) will be adjusted, but you'll still get rewards suited to your actual level.

question just looked at the classes how is the assassin looking class? thanks for all the feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a specific way to level the fastest??? and do you know best wep setup to use for a guardian while leveling
    People always want to know the "fastest" way to level in GW2. I feel like this is the wrong mentality unless you've hit a time or two and building a charater for a particular reason. The best way to level is doing what you find fun, pretty much everything in the game gives XP.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    People always want to know the "fastest" way to level in GW2. I feel like this is the wrong mentality unless you've hit a time or two and building a charater for a particular reason. The best way to level is doing what you find fun, pretty much everything in the game gives XP.

i could see that, how long does it usually take to hit cap and i havent heard anything about endgame

Deleted
    i could see that, how long does it usually take to hit cap and i havent heard anything about endgame
    Depending on the in-game resources you have, it can be minutes (tomes of knowledge) or weeks (casual play).

There's no real endgame comparable to WoW, you'll unlock new dungeons as you continue to level, but the whole world is considered endgame content. Living story is an exception, as it's 80 only right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It can even be accessed while in game by typing in the chat box /wiki <search term>.
    Wow, playing since release and didn't know that.