terminator 5
    Dragon Ball XENOVERSE
    they rely run out of new ideas lol they keep remaking the old stuf

Quote Originally Posted by omega8 View Post
    alternate timeline:wow did it with wod
    terminator 5
    Dragon Ball XENOVERSE
    terminator 5 is not an alternate universe. they changed time, something the series did multiple times even in its first movie, just this time theyre changing it earlier.

xenoverse is again changing time.

theres a difference between time travel and alternate universes. wod makes use of both.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So how are we supposed to take part of the epicness of times past without it ?

also alternate universes and time travel have been used many many many times throughout history. its not "becoming popular" its always been here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    time travel. or better yet, just dont. if they want us to see the old orc heroes make an hd version of warcraft 1 and 2. dont give us shit that slows down story progression
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Time travel is different from AU.

And imo, much much better. AU can be good but you really need to do it right - and WoD didn't.

With time travel, like CoT, we go back and fight the Infinite Dragonflight to make sure events pan out as they should to preserve our present. All of those deaths/events are EXTREMELY important to us.

With AU it's sort of just a extra place to go and fuck around with no real consequences. I mean after we shut down the Dark Portal, it has zero relevance to us.

Plus as far as characters go, it makes them worth less.

When AU Velen dies, we should feel it. But we always got OUR Velen back home safe and sound. So really... who gives a shit?

When all of these old enemies die, who cares? They've already been dead to us.

This also opens up the idea that even when we kill a character, there's another copy of them out there somewhere we can always go visit. So we start value the one single unique character we have because they can always be replaced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yrel will always be real in my heart.
    Yrel is the worst thing that happened to WoW.

alternate timeline:wow did it with wod
    terminator 5
    Dragon Ball XENOVERSE
    You really should not watch Dr. Who.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Injustice used both time travel and AU like WoD?

I reckon they did it better than WoW though
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pft.... I was into alternative timeline before it was mainstream. Wait, we are talking about a band right?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    That's a bit of a stretch, to say the least.
    Ok. Her story is incredibly cheesy, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    By playing Warcraft 1-3.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yrel is the worst thing that happened to WoW.
    That's a bit of a stretch, to say the least.
    I don't understand why any Horde character would save her when they come upon her in the back of that cave. She's a space goat, Horde don't like space goats in the regular universe, why would this AU be any different?

My orc would have loved to chop her head off in the back of that cave were he given a chance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    I don't understand why any Horde character would save her when they come upon her in the back of that cave. She's a space goat, Horde don't like space goats in the regular universe, why would this AU be any different?

My orc would have loved to chop her head off in the back of that cave were he given a chance.
    And I would've looked the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    comics have been doing it for years

All time travel involved AU, just the simple act of traveling back in time would cause the timeline to diverge, that's a basic principle of causality. So the argument over which has become more popular, or which is better is a moot point because the principles are fundamentally dependent on one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    also fir DBZ

trunks made like 4 diff ones

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    If you consider who you're with, I'm pretty sure you're playing Super Neutral Guy. Alliance rescues what's his name. You're basically just taking any help you can get because Khadgar is actually pretty convinced it's only a matter of time before you die at that point.
    When i found Yrel, i was alone in that cave with her. The rest of the NPC's were gathered in that corridor leading into the cave, then gone somehow. I could have easily lopped of her head, said i found it that way and nobody would have been the wiser.

So far as i know, there are no mind-readers in WoW, least none of the ones that were there during that opening event anyway.

I mean, it's not like i would have taken her head as a trophy, at that point she was just another space goat. It's not until long after that that she becomes "Wonder Woman" of the space goats and everyone starts dying around her and just handing her power.

ALTHOUGH....there is one thing that she does that i wish all paladins could do....equip a 2h with a shield.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxhs-GLE29Q

HG Wells "The Time Machine" had time travel, but not an alternate time line. I'm not sure what was the first media with an alternate time line. Star Trek maybe?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Marty McFly did it best.