Spriest Tips anyone?

Anyone have spriest tips for PvP or just a general thing to do? I find disc extremely easy to play in pvp. I had no problem getting 2k a few seasons ago as disc when I pvp'd in the past. I'm trying to slowly get back into it and I want to try shadow.

So... feel free to share knowledge on strategy for 2's/3's with and without healers! Best comps/Worst comps. When to dot and when not to. What to dot and what not to (obv certain cc'd targets).

Any help is appreciated!

Deleted
    This is a youtube guide by anboni, it's great for starters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCJ2k368IA

General stat priority Mastery (yay burst)> haste (faster casts + more DoT power + reduces MB cd) > crit=ms (both meh in pvp cause reduced effectiveness > versatility

For the talents he's using, I prefer ToF over shadowy insight cause of the insane killing potential with SW: D's. Shadowpriest playstyle is all about burst windows in arena.

Glyphs:
    Mind blast (but not that good if you have low crit, roots are nice vs melee though)
    Fade (10% dmg reduction on 30 sec cooldown, use whenever enemy team pops cd's)
    Weakened soul (more survivability with faster shields, helps surviving between burst windows)
    Mass dispell (baibai mages/paladins)
    Psychic Horror (main cc, 10 seconds off it is always great)

My general glyphs: horror, weakened soul, fade. I replace weakened soul for mass dispell when facing mages/paladins.

Burst window playstyle: DoT targets you're NOT planning to kill. Get as much spike procs as possible. Coordinate with your partners when to switch. Cc healer (start with horror for quick orb regen),Nuke all spikes on the not dotted target, dp, mb and mf filler if not in death range, and that's practically your kill attempt.
    The comp I play is Feral/Shadow/Rshaman. Our tactic: DoT the 2 enemy dps's (get procs) and MB on cd till 5 orbs, feral clones the healer and tries to bait his trinket. Make sure your feral and you still have trinket cause now you want to switch to the enemy healer. Feral pops incarnation, stuns the healer and goes ham. Unleash spikes/fiend/halo in the meantime, Psychic horror after stun, DP on cooldown if you have orbs but dont try to get 2 global DP's after each other cause part of the ticks will be lost. After horror use silence. All the while your shaman is purging if possible. If their healer is not in killing range or either SW: D range you're doing something wrong or their dps is peeling really really well.

That's for our tact. Other possible comps:
    Godcomp (Rdruid/shadow/mage), could switch the druid for a shaman for shatterplay.
    Rogue/shadow/Resto (shaman or druid)
    There is some survival/shadow/rdruid up there but this is really hard to play well and needs even more coordination.
    Afflilock/shadow/healer, again a comp that's hard to play atm cause of the melee heavy season, depends less on burst windows and more on slowly rotting the enemy team to death.

For 2's.
    Possible partners:
    Tier 1: resto druid, mage, rogue, boomkin
    Tier 2: Feral, Hpaladin, resto shaman

Keep in mind that shadowpriests never really were optimal in 2's, but almost OP in 3's.
    We're not that good in 2's when under pressure cause when locked out of shadow, almost all our damage is gone. Mind spike being excluded because it's in shadowfrost school. In 3's interrupting you would mean more freedom for casts for your healer, which makes it harder for the enemy team to score a kill so that's why it's not a complete disaster there .

Good luck!
    Last edited by mmoccbc5ecea75; 2015-01-28 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPhail View Post
    Good luck!
    Thank you! I appreciate all your help!