Razer Naga mousewheel glitching

As of a couple days ago, the wheel on my 2013 Razer Naga has become really glitchy and jittery. No idea what's causing it.

Not really sure what I should try either; I don't know how to open this thing to clean it, or if I even should. It doesn't look very dirty though. The button still works, it's just that scrolling is all sorts of jittery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you updated the drivers recently for the mouse? This could potentially be a software issue that just started happening for you recently with synapse. However this could also be as simple as something getting caught in the wheel inside the mouse. I have had issues like this with non-razer mice before and get ready for the dumbest sounding answer ever...take a can of compressed air or blow really hard in between the mouse wheel. That has actually fixed my issue a few times as a crumbs/nastiness has been caught up in the wheel making it not register correctly with the computer. Could also try switching usb ports.

Just trying to cover the basic troubleshotting before I suggest taking apart the mouse and getting into the innards of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having the exact same issue with the 2014 version. It basically registers with me barely even touching the mousewheel or when trying to middle click. It's really annoying and it happens more frequently depending on the mouse wheel's position.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My partner and I have both used Razer Naga's. My first one, the mouse-wheel broke after 2 months of use and my partners broke after just over a year. We both bought new ones (cbf with warranty hassle) and one broke again after about 6 months but the other has been working fine for well over a year. It's a pity because I really like the design of the Naga, it appears that they are not built to last though.

I wouldn't bother opening it to clean it, unlikely that it is dirt causing the problem. If you do open it to clean it though be careful because the mouse-wheel parts are quite flimsy.

I had a similar problem about a year ago. The naga's mouse wheel got very sensitive and eventually stopped working completely.

After buying a new mouse I opened it up and found that the plastic bar that runs through the center of the mouse wheel had broken. I couldn't figure out a way to fix it so I just tossed it.

If blowing it out with compressed air doesn't fix it then I doubt anything will.

Compressed air did nothing. Updating Synapse did nothing as well.

So...am I just screwed or what? Been using Nagas since 2009 with no real issues until now; this literally just started happening all-of-a-sudden, a few days ago.

I refuse to buy anymore Razer Nagas because of the double click issue. It may be me or the product but I have had 3 of them over 4 years develop the double click issue. I am using the Logitech G600 which also has issues. When I use the G button on the mouse it will act as if I always have the Ctrl key held even when not holding the button. I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Oh crap. I tried cleaning some dirt off of the surface of the mouse wheel, and it became stuck permanently scrolling down. Scrolling up still worked, but it acted like I was endlessly scrolling the wheel down. Had to disable scrolling in Synapse.

Unplugging it and plugging it back in fixed it, and now...well, damn, scrolling is still jittery and glitchy, but noticeably less. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    I refuse to buy anymore Razer Nagas because of the double click issue. It may be me or the product but I have had 3 of them over 4 years develop the double click issue. I am using the Logitech G600 which also has issues. When I use the G button on the mouse it will act as if I always have the Ctrl key held even when not holding the button. I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in to fix it.
    I've had two Nagas and never ran into this "double click issue" that you're mentioning.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2015-01-28 at 05:13 PM.