Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 6.0.3 Hotfixes - January 27, Blue Posts

Patch 6.1 PTR - Build 19533

End of Season Preview, No Planned PvP Improvements, Furnace vs Alternative

Hearthstone Patch 7628 - Lunar New Year, Undertaker Nerfed, Maraad Card Back

Hero Rotation Update, Lunar Festival Skins, Mount, and Bundles Now Available

Patch 6.0.3 Hotfixes - January 27
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Garrisons, Followers, and Outposts
    • Tier 3 Garrisons: Dungeoneer's Training Dummy for healing and damage have swapped places so melee classes are less likely to trigger the tanking dummy by accident.
    • Garrison Campaign Quests
      • Assault on Skettis: Creatures and NPCs associated with Assault on Skettis now respawn more frequently and increased the amount of morale awarded for defeating them.
      • Gladiator's Sanctum Level 3: Players can no longer be votekicked from the Coliseum scenario.
      • Primal Fury: Players that have completed the quest before the hotfix from January 21 should now correctly receive Thisalee Crow (Alliance) or Choluna (Horde) as a Follower.

Classes
    • Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • General
        • Ferocious Bite no longer loses damage when cast with a low amount of Energy while Berserk is active. Berserk will still discount Cat Form abilities' Energy cost, but will include the bonus damage as if it weren't cast with Berserk active.
      • Feral
        • Leader of the Pack should now correctly trigger its heal for Druids that have learned the talent, Claws of Shirvallah.
      • Talents
        • Incarnation: Tree of Life's bonuses should no longer be incorrectly retained without having the talent learned.
        • Nature's Vigil should no longer be dealing excessive damage to high level targets by healing low level NPCs.
    • Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Glyphs
        • Glyph of Recovery should no longer make Recuperate heal for less than the intended amount.

Quests
    • All quests should now still award experience even if the character is dead at the time of completion.
    • Frostfire Ridge
      • The Shadow Gate: Players who became stuck after completing "The Shadow Gate" will need to re-enter the cave within the Bloodmaul Stronghold in Frostfire Ridge if they were unable to see Orlana Strongbrow to continue their quest series.
    • Gorgrond
      • Ambushing the Enemy: Resolved an issue where players were unable to complete this quest if The Giant Cauldron has been completed first.
    • Talador
      • At Your Command: Horde characters who have faction changed to Alliance should now be able to complete the quest "At Your Command" if they have completed the Alliance version previously.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Auchindoun
      • Grom'tash the Destructor and Gul'kosh should no longer force all party members into combat, including ones that aren't actively in combat with them.
    • Shadowmoon Burial Grounds
      • Ner'zhul: Resolved an issue where players may be unable to use the portal to re-enter the encounter area.
    • Icecrown Citadel
      • The Lich King: Resolved an issue where Val'kyr Shadowguards can prevent players from being able to complete the encounter if they pick the player up after Fury of Frostmourne has been cast.

PvP
    • Ashran
      • There's now a 30 minute delay between battles after Grand Marshal Tremblade or High Warlord Volrath has been defeated.
      • Stormshield Gladiators and Warspear Gladiators now respawn 3 minutes after Grand Marshal Tremblade or High Warlord Volrath has been defeated.

Items
    • Goren Disguise no longer works in Areas or Rated Battlegrounds.
    • Scabbard of Kyanos' on use effect, the Sword Technique buff is now reduced by 40% while players have Battle Fatigue.
    • Swapblaster no longer works while in a Battleground.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Level 1 Heirloom Mount
    Collecting all heirloom items awards a special mount usable by level 1 characters.

Does this mean we need the fishing event BoA for this mount? When I won it I took the trinket that turns you into a fish.

I've asked about that and was informed that the achievement involves collecting a number of heirlooms (not all of them). Working on getting clarification on the Heirloom collections tab and will be updating the 6.1 PTR Patch Notes with more concrete information once it's available. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Ashran Timing Hotfix
    As you've probably witnessed, on many servers Ashran had digressed into a situation where the two factions were avoiding any confrontation. One faction would complete the outer events while the other faction would kill the faction leader. This isn't ideal, as the Horde and Alliance should be fighting more regularly in Ashran.

Recently, we made changes to the frequency of events and the time between battles in the middle road. After a boss is killed, the center lane will take 30 minutes to reset. We hope this encourages the team that just won the middle lane to venture off into the rest of the zone for a time before the fight begins anew. Furthermore, we hope that faction’s presence in the outer events will encourage the other faction to fight in the center lane a bit more, since winning the events is no longer a given.

We'll continue to consider your constructive Ashran feedback and appreciate those of you providing it. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-01-28 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashran so needs an overhaul. I don't see how adding the 30 min pause is going to help.

awesome, but level one characters don't need mounts... well... maybe the orcs do... that zone is massive compared to others.

ugh... dislike ashran changes... It made farming it much easier. I mean after waiting to get in for three hours I don't want to fight for the rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpriggsTheWarrior View Post
    awesome, but level one characters don't need mounts... well... maybe the orcs do... that zone is massive compared to others.
    i bet u never leveled a human

The ashran change isn't going to work, when alliance moves on to side horde will kill alliance boss and they will swap after. There may be even less reason to PVP in ashran now as both sides will be able to run a specific cycle and get more conquest/hour than they are able to get now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashran change is fail....

Queue longer to get in... AFK for 30 mins.... Kill boss.... Leave....

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really cannot stand that the ring is a fishing reward. Especially since a lot of players who do it are not going after the ring.

leveling a human was so much easier, everything is centralized around goldshire, then you get a mount to the other half of the zone, not that bad.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to realize - they won't make any big changes in Ashran. They'll just try to salvage it by enforcing rules with negative impact over everyone.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    The ashran change isn't going to work, when alliance moves on to side horde will kill alliance boss and they will swap after. There may be even less reason to PVP in ashran now as both sides will be able to run a specific cycle and get more conquest/hour than they are able to get now.
    The lockout is for both sides. If the alliance kills the horde leader, the horde have to wait 30 mins for the central battle to start up again.

In essence, when the middle battle is up both factions will (should want to) do it. And when one of the leaders gets killed, both factions will do events.

It works fine.

I personally like the Ashran change. The ultimate goal is to have a battle with the opposing faction. Not necessarily to get conquest cap(which the only real way to fix that is to remove the Ashran requirement for Conquest cap), gear up alts quickly, or a chance for the Alliance to get a 660 piece.

This will definitely add some fun battles, but we all can agree that it really just needs basic updates.
    -Interactive Maps, I have put at least 40 hours into Ashran, and I still have no idea what each area on the road is called. Let alone which one is being contested.
    -Auto grouping, and perhaps without a raid leader, or someone who has certain Ashran achievements has a higher priority on lead.
    -Balanced and removal of anti-fun mechanics: Most people stand in "Groot's" root and die. 15 Hunters Barraging. A dragon. A knock-up to your death. There are infinite stalling mechanics to make the 4 hour push to their base null.
    -Less choke points. I'm sorry but AV failed because of the bridge, which is why most fights took place in the center. Change the bridge, make it wider, remove it altogether.
    -Climbable terrain. At least more paths, and less blockades.
    -The graveyard, if I have to run back to my base one more time from the center of the map...
    -Nerf on the NPC damage, gladiators are fine. But a single axe can wipe an entire raid because the width of it is the size of the bridge.

There's a lot more, but these are just simple quality of life changes.

No one likes a stalled game for 4 hours anymore, and the only PvP that happens is melee afking while the range barrage and blizzard. This change to the events might encourage more mounting into battle than slow and steady turtle pushes.

Edit: As far as the Gladiator change goes, we need more changes like this. World PvP was killed by NPC Guards. Less guards, more pvp.
    Last edited by Leaf4Prez; 2015-01-28 at 08:07 AM.

No Swapblaster in BGs = kick to the nuts...

Deleted
    30 min pause won't be enough, because there's no similarly significant pause on events. On my server, alliance "farm" main road, and horde "farm" events. The few times alliance groups do form to try an event, they're wiped off the map because horde are already there, and in greater numbers.

After doing main road event alliance will now have to regroup, go to a side event late (horde will already be there), wipe at the event, be scattered (half of the raid still fighting at the event), lose the next event as well, and slowly slug back to main road. If you're lucky, there will be 2 events at roughly the same time and win one of them. There WILL be a bit more PVP than before. But from the horde's perspective: they will still never do main road. They just won't. They're plenty happy farming events and that won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf4Prez View Post
    I personally like the Ashran change. The ultimate goal is to have a battle with the opposing faction. Not necessarily to get conquest cap(which the only real way to fix that is to remove the Ashran requirement for Conquest cap), gear up alts quickly, or a chance for the Alliance to get a 660 piece.

This will definitely add some fun battles, but we all can agree that it really just needs basic updates.
    -Interactive Maps, I have put at least 40 hours into Ashran, and I still have no idea what each area on the road is called. Let alone which one is being contested.
    -Auto grouping, and perhaps without a raid leader, or someone who has certain Ashran achievements has a higher priority on lead.
    -Balanced and removal of anti-fun mechanics: Most people stand in "Groot's" root and die. 15 Hunters Barraging. A dragon. A knock-up to your death. There are infinite stalling mechanics to make the 4 hour push to their base null.
    -Less choke points. I'm sorry but AV failed because of the bridge, which is why most fights took place in the center. Change the bridge, make it wider, remove it altogether.
    -Climbable terrain. At least more paths, and less blockades.
    -The graveyard, if I have to run back to my base one more time from the center of the map...
    -Nerf on the NPC damage, gladiators are fine. But a single axe can wipe an entire raid because the width of it is the size of the bridge.

There's a lot more, but these are just simple quality of life changes.

No one likes a stalled game for 4 hours anymore, and the only PvP that happens is melee afking while the range barrage and blizzard. This change to the events might encourage more mounting into battle than slow and steady turtle pushes.

Edit: As far as the Gladiator change goes, we need more changes like this. World PvP was killed by NPC Guards. Less guards, more pvp.
    Sweet shit this, I couldn't agree more. Not only that, It's nice to actually see some proper critique on the MMOC forums ><

I would also like to know if you have to have all the Garrosh heirlooms for the level 1 mount.

Quote Originally Posted by karmlol View Post
    30 min pause won't be enough, because there's no similarly significant pause on events. On my server, alliance "farm" main road, and horde "farm" events. The few times alliance groups do form to try an event, they're wiped off the map because horde are already there, and in greater numbers.

After doing main road event alliance will now have to regroup, go to a side event late (horde will already be there), wipe at the event, be scattered (half of the raid still fighting at the event), lose the next event as well, and slowly slug back to main road. If you're lucky, there will be 2 events at roughly the same time and win one of them. There WILL be a bit more PVP than before. But from the horde's perspective: they will still never do main road. They just won't. They're plenty happy farming events and that won't change.

That is exactly what I see here too. Alliance takes main raid, horde the events. When alliance killed the horde leader then half of them leave and the rest has to regroup and run to events where 100% of the horde are already waiting. That ends up with an alliance defeat almost every single time....and after the first defeat they do not even really try anymore.

I don't see any new serious incentive for the horde to go main road now. Yes, maybe they gonna be a bit more challenged at the events...but as long as 90% of the horde run events and 90% of the alliance run main road it does not help if 10% swap from main road to events and vice versa(they get beaten anyway and then return to their old task again). You'd have to have everyone change their mind at the same time to cause a serious change to the meta...and that ain't going to happen without serious incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I would also like to know if you have to have all the Garrosh heirlooms for the level 1 mount.
    The answer to that one is a big fat "NO". Getting those heirlooms was purely luck based and hardly anyone has them all. Not to mention that you can't optain them anymore. Given that people already complain about the fishing thing(which is easy to get if you got 2 or 3 friends), this would make people freak out...;-)
    Last edited by Pacster; 2015-01-28 at 11:35 AM.

lol, ashran change just makes things harder for the faction that is outnumbered

please fire holinka, ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    So far the achievements are for 1, 5, 15 and 35 heirlooms. There's about 38, not including rings or Garrosh weapons, so I'd wager 35 would be the one that gives the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally this change would make alliance actually do events but since no one reads the fucking changes alliance will continue to send wave after wave of morons to get wiped by gladiators and horde will keep laughing while they farm events and conquest cap in an hour.

I've tried explaining it in a calm way to a general chat on alliance but all of them just want to farm main road. And even when we get INSIDE their base none of the fucking horde are there because guess what? THEYRE DOING EVENTS FFS. Alliance will literally sit in their base for 20 or so minutes just to wait for volrath to spawn and then do it all over again. For fuck sake, this is a change for the better but I know damn well alliance isnt going to change their ways.