Scabbard and Avatar

So I picked up a scabbard on the cheap today, and am trying to figure out how best to utilize it. I typically played fury, but also picked up a 670 2H last week so arms is now viable. My main question involves its synergy w/avatar. Is it worth using avatar now? should I stick bladestorm/bb? How does this scenario change fury vs. arms? I'm admittedly better at the ADHD style of fury, it's damn hard for me to not press the button when it's available for arms, but I've been trying to retrain myself to arms lately. With the arms revert on mastery, is it even worth it? Want to get the most out of my new toy. Thanks!

Avatar usage doesn't change with Scabbard, you still only want to use it for ideal fight durations where you can manage significantly above normal buff uptime; either ~3m30s-4m fights or ones around 2m or less.

This will change in 6.1 with the Avatar change of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascosto View Post
    How does this scenario change fury vs. arms?
    It makes arms execute a hell of a lot better that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascosto View Post
    With the arms revert on mastery, is it even worth it?
    Is what worth it? Playing Arms? Yes.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-01-28 at 07:53 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Use Scabbard on cooldown because most of the time it's not worth postponing it. There are few cases that you should postpone your Scabbard, for example if you have balcony duty on Kargath, Chain Hurl cast will start the same the Scabbard comes off cooldown. In this case you should save your Scabbard till you get thrown up. And of course, you want to use your last Scabbard during Execute Range, stacked with other cooldowns.

Deleted
    Just use it pretty much on cd it will aline again to be used with avatar.

Deleted
    I have a somewhat related question, on Brackenspore Mythic often my reck/scabbard comes off CD like 10 seconds after the big add is dead, is it worth delaying them for ~a minute to Execute/SS the big add?

How long into BRF will Scabbard be good for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    I have a somewhat related question, on Brackenspore Mythic often my reck/scabbard comes off CD like 10 seconds after the big add is dead, is it worth delaying them for ~a minute to Execute/SS the big add?
    It's not..

Quote Originally Posted by DexTM View Post
    It's not..
    Thanks for your well-reasoned and informed opinion, maybe you could try actually explaining next time instead of expecting people to take your word for it.

A better answer would be "it depends on the fight duration." If you're not losing a Recklessness/Scabbard by doing so then yes it is absolutely worth doing, if you are then its questionable but there is still big damage opportunity there.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Thanks for your well-reasoned and informed opinion, maybe you could try actually explaining next time instead of expecting people to take your word for it.

A better answer would be "it depends on the fight duration." If you're not losing a Recklessness/Scabbard by doing so then yes it is absolutely worth doing, if you are then its questionable but there is still big damage opportunity there.
    It does yeah, that's why I wasn't sure, because using it on execute seems to be a huge boost, but I can't tell if it will make out for missing out on a whole reck. Probably not I guess.