Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You can find anti vaccination groups and doctors anywhere in europe
    Yes, there is a bible belt in the Netherlands (luckely its pretty small and doesn't have much power). But they still can be pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Well you just did a /thread in the first sentence of the OP.

Vaccinating your kids should be mandatory if you want your children to go to public places like kindergardens and schools.
    Yeah but you have millions of people who follow people like rand paul, and alex jones. Yeah i know there is some wealthy liberal anti vaxers in california, its mostly these conservatives who think its some big government conspiracy to depopulate the earth.

Deleted
    Yes, there is a bible belt in the Netherlands (luckely its pretty small and doesn't have much power). But they still can be pretty annoying.
    I don't know I don't think this issue is as clear cut as some o cm you guys present it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post

I really hate these guys, they are almost as bad as Jenny McCarthy, Both are entertainers schilling their opinions.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I'm autistic myself, so maybe I'm biased in this, but can someone explain to me why having an autistic child is so much worse than having one that dies in the first few months of bubonic plague?

(Assuming vaccines cause autism at all, that is. Which they don't.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I'm autistic myself, so maybe I'm biased in this, but can someone explain to me why having an autistic child is so much worse than having one that dies in the first few months of bubonic plague?

(Assuming vaccines cause autism at all, that is. Which they don't.)

Because if you are Jenny McCarthy you probably put the kind of thought into having a child as you would whether or not your drapes match the carpet, this woman should have her ass hauled into court and sued for anybody who may have been misguided enough to listen to her.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Because if you are Jenny McCarthy you probably put the kind of thought into having a child as you would whether or not your drapes match the carpet, this woman should have her ass hauled into court and sued for anybody who may have been misguided enough to listen to her.
    Given her general level of knowledge (read: none) I would assume that she probably thinks everyone with autism is completly unable to live a normal life, because she probably only thinks about the very end of the spectrum.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Not to defend her or anything but this likely wouldn't be an issue if more pharmaceutical companies were less greedy and more transparent. I do think there's some merit to the argument that certain ingredients in certain forms of medicine are more dangerous than we're led to believe.
    I believe so as well. People shouldn't blindly take every vaccine there is, like all the vaccines there are for seasonal flus. E.g. Everyone in Finland (probably in many other countries as well) was supposed to get a vaccination for swine flu a few years ago, even though the vaccination wasn't fully tested and there were known concerns about the vaccination being unsafe. Whaddaya know, turns out some agent in the untested vaccine caused narcolepsy.

(There are scenarios where getting a vaccination against a seasonal flu would be beneficial, though, for example if someone in your immediate family is going through cancer treatment. I can totally understand that.)

BUT. I am still very much in favor of vaccinating your children (and yourselves) against the likes of pertussis and polio, and getting required vaccinations (hepatitis etc.) for when you travel to countries where there's an increased risk of catching a disease.
    Last edited by Eace; 2015-01-28 at 11:24 AM.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think she’s hot.

The fact that she’s dimmer than a two-watt light bulb does nothing to lessen the allure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    I still think she’s hot.

The fact that she’s dimmer than a two-watt light bulb does nothing to lessen the allure.
    If anything, it increases it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I don't know I don't think this issue is as clear cut as some o cm you guys present it
    Obviously it isn't that simple and one sided, but this is a forum, I'm not going to write a sociology paper, that'd be homework

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Oh my science.. That is sort of spine-chilling. I guess I'm gonna be sad for the rest of today. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Yeah but you have millions of people who follow people like rand paul, and alex jones. Yeah i know there is some wealthy liberal anti vaxers in california, its mostly these conservatives who think its some big government conspiracy to depopulate the earth.
    Those millions of people are misled and people like Rand Paul and Alex Jones should be ridiculed like the clowns they are.

Deleted
    Obviously it isn't that simple and one sided, but this is a forum, I'm not going to write a sociology paper, that'd be homework
    God bless you jfmc. There should be more like you

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem isn't that these people are idiots. The problem is we've relaxed our laws regarding vaccination requirements in public schools. Don't want to vaccinate your kids? Fine. Home school them.

even if the ingredients in the vaccines are a little more dangerous then we know of they work, history has proven how effective they are, I think it's a minuscule risk to take to keep hundreds if not thousands of people from dying from preventable diseases. Any dumbass who refuses to vaccinate their children (unless for legitimate medical reasons) should have their children taken away and charged with reckless endangerment for putting not only their child but everyone else's kids at risk
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm against just letting people pump shit into my (fictional) kids, but Jenny's boobs burst and she's all cray now.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a reasonable risk against getting vaccinated. It'd be like telling people to not even bother to wear a condom because it might not work.

Deleted
    I posted this a while ago, it's a good read:

Wakefield Review

After Wakefield lost his license, he wrote a book and this paper pulls that book apart and the claims he makes in it.