real questions about battle net

hi guys

i have questions and they are really important to me cuz if i fail on this im gonna get perma banned for a 7 yrs account ;/

me and my brother used to play in same account since we live together and use same pc but now he moves to uk ( really far of our old house ) and he wants to play the game with me so here is my questions

1- should he use the second account on our battle.net account and play? keeping in mind im using wow1 in a diff country and he gonna use wow2 in uk at the same time

2- OR should he get another battle.net account with same name of our battle.net account and move his chars there?

3- if we have 2 battle.net accounts, and he moved his chars to it, would he get all the achivs? and what about the new achivs he gets or i get? will both battle.net account will share achivs/mounts if they have the exact same name or not??

thanks in advance, waiting the answers asap!

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, to be clear, you've been violating the ToU. So from that standpoint, anything can happen.

I would recommend speaking with a GM or customer support, explaining your situation (Especially if you're minors). Ask if you can have several characters moved to a second account, each under your own name.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I used to share my brother's account way back and when I wanted my own battle.net account as I was sick of having to see his BN friends, not being able to choose who got whispers and such... and especially the un-capitalised "richard" as the name... I simply asked a GM to split the BN and they did - I explained and told them this was the case and that I was a minor when we started and only just realised it was against ToS, and they happily split the account. You could get a GM having a bad day and they could ban you for it, but I doubt it considering my own case is pretty similar.

As for the achievements/mounts etc, they will be on whatever account has the character that earned them. So, I lost most of the ones "we" had as I got the new account and only moved some chars.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-01-28 at 10:27 AM.

so creating new battle.net account with same name and move the chars there will not work??!

Quote Originally Posted by rakizz View Post
    so creating new battle.net account with same name and move the chars there will not work??!
    It will, but it will cost a lot of money. Letting a GM split the account will be free.

my brother bought WoW early 2005. We started playing on his account for about 2 years (my sister, my brother and I) and in TBC he made another account and transferred some of his char over. I still shared my old brother account with my sister. Then, in LK... My sister created another account but on the same battle.net as I. To be honest, it was not on purpose. When she created her account, i was still logged on my bnet account and since we had the same last name... her new account was automatically linked to my bnet account. We did not bother changing it. We used to play at different locations at the same time (still in the same country most of the time.) Never got any issue and I really don't think Blizzard will ban you for that since you still paid 2 games (and expac) and 2 subs.

Homophobia is so gay.

Hi there. Been through this situation - made an account for my brother when separated PCs, and I'll reply to your questions.

hi guys

i have questions and they are really important to me cuz if i fail on this im gonna get perma banned for a 7 yrs account ;/

me and my brother used to play in same account since we live together and use same pc but now he moves to uk ( really far of our old house ) and he wants to play the game with me so here is my questions

1- should he use the second account on our battle.net account and play? keeping in mind im using wow1 in a diff country and he gonna use wow2 in uk at the same time

No

2- OR should he get another battle.net account with same name of our battle.net account and move his chars there?

Yes, he should get a new account. New Email address, separate bnet account.

3- if we have 2 battle.net accounts, and he moved his chars to it, would he get all the achivs? and what about the new achivs he gets or i get? will both battle.net account will share achivs/mounts if they have the exact same name or not??

All his acheivements on his characters will remain, yes. He would lose any achievements that you have completed only on your characters.

thanks in advance, waiting the answers asap!
    The way this works is that you need to make an account yourself, with your own name, and then use the character transfer service.

Your brother or you can later request the name of his account to be changed, but I have not done this for the account I created for my brother; he just uses his battle tag though. If anyone has successfully requested a name change for an account in this way, I'd like to know if that works as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    First off, to be clear, you've been violating the ToU. So from that standpoint, anything can happen.

I would recommend speaking with a GM or customer support, explaining your situation (Especially if you're minors). Ask if you can have several characters moved to a second account, each under your own name.
    Sharing an account with a relative on one computer is not a violation of the ToU.

I did not now that you could move characters to separate Bnet account for free though. That would be great for OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Sharing an account with a relative on one computer is not a violation of the ToU
    Yes it is, very much so..

You are allowed to share your account with ONE minor child, of which you are either the parrent or legal guardian.. NOONE ELSE..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I. Accessing the Service

1. … You may not share the Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the Account when not in use by you. You are liable for all uses of the Account that has been enabled by you…
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900711105
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2015-01-28 at 12:47 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It will, but it will cost a lot of money. Letting a GM split the account will be free.
    money isnt an issue here, are you 100% sure it works with 2 battle.net accounts with same name and just move chars to it?

- - - Updated - - -

can anyone confirm that if i get my brother chars in another battle.net account that has same name of my prime account and we use them in diff countries, would that work??

Deleted
    I pray for you, my friend. May the Blizzard gods have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    Separate the accounts asap.
    explain?
    should i make new battle.net with exact same name as my current one and move his chars and let him use it under my name in a diff country?

- - - Updated - - -

any help or confirmation ?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Yes it is, very much so..

You are allowed to share your account with ONE minor child, of which you are either the parrent or legal guardian.. NOONE ELSE..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I. Accessing the Service

1. … You may not share the Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the Account when not in use by you. You are liable for all uses of the Account that has been enabled by you…
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900711105
    Personally, I'd be more worried about the cops showing up than Blizz.

Create a new battle.net and add the appropriate level wow account. As long as you register the battle.net in the same surname, and know the original accounts secret answer you can transfer character as you wish. Should be pretty easy for you to arrange with your brother and you won't need to get blizzard involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Create a new battle.net and add the appropriate level wow account. As long as you register the battle.net in the same surname, and know the original accounts secret answer you can transfer character as you wish. Should be pretty easy for you to arrange with your brother and you won't need to get blizzard involved.
    thats great news. what about the ip diffrance? im too far away from uk atm and my brother in uk, will they monitor my 2x battle.net accounts and find out that we use diff ips in diff countries? if so, does the aithinticator cover this?

thats great news. what about the ip diffrance? im too far away from uk atm and my brother in uk, will they monitor my 2x battle.net accounts and find out that we use diff ips in diff countries? if so, does the aithinticator cover this?
    If you login form a different IP address for the first time the most you will probably get is an automated warning of unusual login activity to your email. I am pretty sure that after a few logins the system remembers the ip as trusted.