Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

After BRF , next raid eta? Gearing up for mythic raiding .

I came back to wow recently, at this moment i'm in no position to be geared to BRF top 100 world progression . Is there any ETA for the raid after?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferali View Post
    I came back to wow recently, at this moment i'm in no position to be geared to BRF top 100 world progression . Is there any ETA for the raid after?
    No, but Id say 3 months maybe?

Anyway, you most likely need outstanding logs (use warcraftlogs) to join. And sadly, while it might sound silly - having decent gear makes it easier to do logs. Atleast gear towards the "highest ilvl" in your percentile

I would pug normal+heroic BRF for gearz, and log these. Maybe join a mediocre guild and carry them hardcore as whatever role you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Lol no. BRF may be releasing 2 months after Highmaul, but it's not a new tier, it's the same tier of raiding. It'll be at least 6 months for the next tier, and maybe longer considering they don't want a repeat of the Mists final tier fiasco and Mists was an expansion where every raid tier lasted exactly 6 months.

Deleted
    Well, 1 guy can't carry a guild and I doubt any mediocre/casual guild will go for it in the first place.

But your best bet indeed is to start off casual. As always with these things, same way in life, you gotta start from scratch, unless you have a history somewhere, then you might slingshot yourself to a very good guild right off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    Lol no. BRF may be releasing 2 months after Highmaul, but it's not a new tier, it's the same tier of raiding. It'll be at least 6 months for the next tier, and maybe longer considering they don't want a repeat of the Mists final tier fiasco and Mists was an expansion where every raid tier lasted exactly 6 months.
    A guesstimate is a guesstimate, and yours are most likely more correct, but no body knows

Yeah, they have said multiple times that BRF is not a new tier, but more like the first tier in MoP, where we had two raid instances.

And gearing up to 660-ish doesn't take too long if you got gold and/or experience from before. For instance we had one of our healers change from pala to monk a week ago (Dinged lvl 100 two weeks ago, used the first week to gear up, get one HC carry from us, and was ready for Mythic the week after with 670 ilvl), we did give him a good start though, and that isn't possible for everyone.

Also go get conq capped, those 660 items really helps in gearing in the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    I can't see it being 6 months, that'll take us right to summer, generally when raiding levels drop due to holidays. Also they said they want more content out faster than before, I think three months is pretty close to it, maybe 4. I think once we have brf out live, give it 3 weeks or so, we'll start to see information on the next patch, and isn't 6.2 the last of the warlords?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post

Anyway, you most likely need outstanding logs (use warcraftlogs) to join. And sadly, while it might sound silly - having decent gear makes it easier to do logs. Atleast gear towards the "highest ilvl" in your percentile
    Outstanding logs are not standing in bad and showing the discipline to focus on priorities; not just percentiles. Officers understand that output is partially based on gear but also that it's quicker to get someone gear than it is to get them a brain.

Deleted
    I thought that this was supposed to be the shortest expansion ever and they want it to have less downtime and to pump out more expansions out quicker? That of course both benefits the players and Blizzard($$$).

Anyway, I'm guessing around May for the next tier. As mentioned earlier, something like July just makes little sense to me, and I doubt they'd push it all the way back to autumn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    I thought that this was supposed to be the shortest expansion ever and they want it to have less downtime and to pump out more expansions out quicker? That of course both benefits the players and Blizzard($$$).
    I don't understand; how on earth are shorter expansions good for the players? It means paying more money and not having enough time to enjoy the content. It's like being allowed only half an hour a a restaurant to order and eat your meal, and then being asked to pay double the normal price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I don't understand; how on earth are shorter expansions good for the players? It means paying more money and not having enough time to enjoy the content. It's like being allowed only half an hour a a restaurant to order and eat your meal, and then being asked to pay double the normal price for it.
    Oh thought the players was all for the #nocontentwod part? And that raids isnt real content, because you can clear LFR in a night
    Jokes aside, I'm not sure how to react to this, more content is more fun, but then again, quicker expansions is also more expensive.. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Oh thought the players was all for the #nocontentwod part? And that raids isnt real content, because you can clear LFR in a night
    Jokes aside, I'm not sure how to react to this, more content is more fun, but then again, quicker expansions is also more expensive.. :/
    You get new content every few months during an expansion. The fact that they haven't been producing this for the final year of the last two expansions is not an argument for faster expansions but for better time management within the development team, as was the case for the first half of WoW's life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Because I'd rather have twice the content in the same amount of time than grinding the same content for twice as long. I don't mind paying for an expansion more often in order to get that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I can't see it being 6 months, that'll take us right to summer, generally when raiding levels drop due to holidays. Also they said they want more content out faster than before, I think three months is pretty close to it, maybe 4. I think once we have brf out live, give it 3 weeks or so, we'll start to see information on the next patch, and isn't 6.2 the last of the warlords?
    LFR last wing opens at the end of March. I'd be surprised if they add a new raidtier 2 month later. I'd guess August or September. Sounds really late right? But then again - when was the last time it didnt Sound really late. Personally I dont mind since I guess I'll be finishing mythic BRF not before July.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They already had issues with releasing ToT "too early" after opening Terrace, way back in 5.0. Current tier is going to be one of the largest ones ever, so ending it after 6 months total would be breaking yet another record - except hardly a good one. Yeah, sure, plenty of people could finish it on LFR, but barely having 3 months for BRF would be a pain for those progressing at higher difficulties. World's best will manage, as always. But I'm pretty sure those less hardcore would complain about it being too short.

Only 3 months is impossible. I'd say late summer, they need to give semi-hardcore guilds time to clear it or at least reach mythic Blackhand. BRF has what, 10 bosses? And I'm sure most of them will be harder than mythic HM bosses (mechanic, not numbers-wise). Plus, we don't even know what the next raid tier will be called, so expecting it to come out in 3 months is unreasonable, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 months from february 3rd seems about right to start seeing the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Only in some fantasy world where they actually have another expansion far enough under way to release it at the end of 2015. There isn't even any rumor from inside Blizzard that theyve done more than preliminary planning and artwork on a new expansion.

Anyone who believes theyre going to get another expansion out in a year cant understand how to study history.

Even if "6.2" i the last patch of warlords, i wouldnt expect it until late summer or early fall, and, in a miracle-induced fantasy world, a new expac out in the Spring, at 18 months post-WoD launch.

You certainly wont be seeing one a year after.

Deleted
    Next tier will be released in May or June (mid June at the latest). Just look at the opening date of the last LFR wing.

depends on whether they want a 1-1.5 life for WoD or still 2 years

and also whether the next tier will also be the final one or there will be a third one (but a third one would pretty much guarantee 2 years for WoD and they said they didn't want 2 years)

granted 1 year WoD is pretty much impossible too, 1.5 (18 months) is minimum