Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 year is not happening. It just won't. I belive when they say they want faster expansions, I do. But a year would mean at minimun Beta would have to start in November along with it's annoucement (I belive they will annouce the expansion but not beta). That is just not happening sorry.

So honestly I don't understand why Chilton even mentioned the idea, though probably it will stay just that, an idea. Because at most I could see this expansion lasting 18 months, that seems much more realistic and feasible to the team. I also belive 6.2 won't be the last patch, but maybe the last Raid.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2015-01-28 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    1 year is not happening. It just won't. I belive when they say they want faster expansions, I do. But a year would mean at minimun Beta would have to start in November along with it's annoucement (I belive they will annouce the expansion but not beta). That is just not happening sorry.

So honestly I don't understand why Chilton even mentioned the idea, though probably it will stay just that, an idea. Because at most I could see this expansion lasting 18 months, that seems much more realistic and feasible to the team. I also belive 6.2 won't be the last patch, but maybe the last Raid.
    This. My quess is 4-5 months before the next raid comes out, 1 filler patch after that and then the final raid. More than likely the final tier will be shorter that DS/SoO, so probably something like 5-6 months.

Probably 4-5 months or so. Which seems pretty short but it is just 10 bosses. Isn't enough time to farm the mythic Blackhand mount for everyone, but I guess there will be a lot of mount selling going on in T18 for those who really want it, since I don't think it'll be nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    I thought Mists final tier problem was caused by Blizzard increasing the size of the development team by 50%. Weren't their statements about releasing SoO too quickly because they miscalculated how long it would take to bring their new team members up to speed?

What would be the purpose of adding that many more people to the WoW team if they now release content slower than they did in MoP?
    Just in case you don't know how software developement is: 50% increase in development team does not equal to content being done 50% faster.

You can't put together 2 writers and tell them to make a story book together, they will just confuse each other with their own ideas and styles.

Dunno, if you're a player that has prior heroic raiding experience and top 100 experience, you could apply to a guild and get carried through normal and heroic this week, next week do both raids. It wouldn't take as long to get mythic ready as you think.
    One Sweet Dream

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Dunno, if you're a player that has prior heroic raiding experience and top 100 experience, you could apply to a guild and get carried through normal and heroic this week, next week do both raids. It wouldn't take as long to get mythic ready as you think.
    I was a player of top 10 ranks (wol) in progression fights in Wotlk and Cata, but i have not played since then. I was playing mage in wotlk and balance druid, and warlock on cata. Be able to play a range class nowadays is pretty much the same still , only need to study alot and work out of raid with logs and have a good ui.

I know i can join a guild now , i did with blues 2 bosses of mythic with a char problem is i won't have gear to compete for a progress spot i would need to be with equivalent gear of the other raiders for BRF . Probably will raid on middle of pack mythic raiding guild in BRF and get a progress spot on a better guild in 6.2.

Sucks to start an expansion months late =/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Heh, I wish it were that easy. Guilds don't seem to value past experience that much anymore. :/
    Some do but is hard to show anything without gear, my fault was start 1 month and half late with a melee class when i mostly played ranged classes before .
    Game seems easier on class mastery, removing of snapshot of dots and more clean prios , except maybe shadow priest but that's changing too .

I rerolled a couple weeks ago and playing catch up is a bitch. Ive been able to get 2 full N/H runs but I still have a couple dungeon blues. My guild is now 4/7 Mythic with an avg item level of 675+ being that Im only 662 Im not getting in any Mythic runs. Im hoping that the RNG gods are kind my first week of BRF otherwise, I might be looking for a new guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    Lol no. BRF may be releasing 2 months after Highmaul, but it's not a new tier, it's the same tier of raiding. It'll be at least 6 months for the next tier, and maybe longer considering they don't want a repeat of the Mists final tier fiasco and Mists was an expansion where every raid tier lasted exactly 6 months.
    Wow, that's new. I for a fact didnt see anything new from SoO for atleast one year, or what was it.. 14-15 months?
    Clearly I'm wrong

3 months is madness and never happening. That's about 14 lock outs. No way are people getting fully geared and ready for the next tier in 14 lock outs. Use your loaf.

10+ Year Old Account
    early to mid july is my guess for the next tier
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    3 months is madness and never happening. That's about 14 lock outs. No way are people getting fully geared and ready for the next tier in 14 lock outs. Use your loaf.
    You are right! That is the criteria for blizzard to release new raid tiers: they have this counter that shows average ilvl of the entire playerbase and as soon as it crosses over a certain treshold new patch gets released!
    /sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    You are right! That is the criteria for blizzard to release new raid tiers: they have this counter that shows average ilvl of the entire playerbase and as soon as it crosses over a certain treshold new patch gets released!
    /sarcasm
    You say you are being sarcastic, but Blizzard have gone on record as saying that they intend to release content in WoD when it seems right, rather than determining it months ahead of time.

I hope for Mid June when I'm back from holidays :P

But no one knows, probably not even Blizzard. Your guess is as good as anyone's. Just remember that 6.1 isn't out yet. Let's say 6.1 is released in Mid-February (my guess is later, but still). That's 3 months of 6.0. If 6.1 is also 3 months, then 6.2 with new raid will be released in Mid-Mai.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    You say you are being sarcastic, but Blizzard have gone on record as saying that they intend to release content in WoD when it seems right, rather than determining it months ahead of time.
    I can't imagine they'll base it on gear level though - it seems rather more likely that they'll keep an eye on progress and release when it slows down to a point where most players are likely to be getting frustrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next tier will be late August/ Early September or the beginning of May.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wildeabandon View Post
    I can't imagine they'll base it on gear level though - it seems rather more likely that they'll keep an eye on progress and release when it slows down to a point where most players are likely to be getting frustrated.
    They are two sides of the same coin. They will indeed judge by progress of a particular percentile, but progress is proportional to levels of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I can't see it being 6 months, that'll take us right to summer, generally when raiding levels drop due to holidays. Also they said they want more content out faster than before, I think three months is pretty close to it, maybe 4. I think once we have brf out live, give it 3 weeks or so, we'll start to see information on the next patch, and isn't 6.2 the last of the warlords?

Yeah, I reckon May is T18 and 6.1 in 3-4 weeks.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.