Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow priest - Blizzard have already said that they are buffing Shadow in WoD.

Shadow priest - Blizzard have already said that they are buffing Shadow in WoD.
    What do you think the buffs will be.
    -For PVP.
    -For PVE.

And where was this post made?

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Priest will get a new passive aura "Warlocks and Mages do 10% more damage (buff stacks, ofc so it won't be a waste to bring more than one Spriest)
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Priest will get a new passive aura "Warlocks and Mages do 10% more damage (buff stacks, ofc so it won't be a waste to bring more than one Spriest)
    That's not funny, you're giving them ideas.. : /

Well all they've promised is that they will let us "specialize" more into single target damage on addless fights, but never heard of any direct promises for buffs either.

But yeah if I was gona make a wish list then I'd kind of hope for Clarity of Power letting us turn into a hard hitting caster burst spec, that can match or beat destro burst, with dots replaced by Mind Spikes/Blasts hitting like a monster truck and Devouring Plague turning into a brutal shadow burst finisher, kind of like a shadow eviscerate that hits nearly as hard as a chaos bolt (~1 million crits, but not guaranteed to crit).

Well one can always dream at least.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2014-02-08 at 10:52 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    That's not funny, you're giving them ideas.. : /

Well all they've promised is that they will let us "specialize" more into single target damage on addless fights, but never heard of any direct promises for buffs either.

But yeah if I was gona make a wish list then I'd kind of hope for Clarity of Power letting us turn into a hard hitting caster burst spec, that can match or beat destro burst, with dots replaced by Mind Spikes/Blasts hitting like a monster truck and Devouring Plague turning into a brutal shadow burst finisher, kind of like a shadow eviscerate that hits nearly as hard as a chaos bolt (~1 million crits, but not guaranteed to crit).

Well one can always dream at least.
    For me it sounds like they just ment to specialize with the 100 talents... doesn't it sounds to obvious.. extra dot.. a dotless rotation.. or more mindblasts... I don't think we can change much besides that and glyphs anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    For me it sounds like they just ment to specialize with the 100 talents... doesn't it sounds to obvious.. extra dot.. a dotless rotation.. or more mindblasts... I don't think we can change much besides that and glyphs anyway.
    Buff mindflay by 1000% and this is what we get

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mindflay is such a iconic spell yet still horrible to use.. wish they would just add the slow of 5 sec when ever u hit the target once so I can just do the fun stuff such as running away... and heal..

I'm sure they will buff MB by 10%..then revert it a week after the patch is live down to 2%.

Deleted
    Wait Do Spriest need buffing ? i am kicking ass on my priest top 5 in the heroic raiding dps charts and I find myself viable in pvp to the point where i'm having fun. Bro do even spriest ?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey bro cool response but how Im not sure to take serious sorry bro;p

Deleted
    No problem bro But I'm having fun on my priest sooo, i suppose a buff couldn't hurt i guess. "why fix what aint broke" comes to mind though

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cokecan View Post
    Wait Do Spriest need buffing ? i am kicking ass on my priest top 5 in the heroic raiding dps charts and I find myself viable in pvp to the point where i'm having fun.
    Anyone who thinks Spriests are viable in PvE or PvP is either trolling or oblivious.

Wait Do Spriest need buffing ? i am kicking ass on my priest top 5 in the heroic raiding dps charts and I find myself viable in pvp to the point where i'm having fun. Bro do even spriest ?
    If you're in the top 5 on heroic charts, you're either doing 10 mans or you're raiding with really... really bad dps. Spriests in PvP is really only fun in BGs, Shadow Priests in arenas are a complete flop now.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    I quit WoW during the begining of ToT, mainly because I was sick of shadow not being top dps, and I didn't want to switch my warlock as my main. I might return for WoD, especially if the "get an orb for each SA" talent goes live, but I seriously doubt it.
    Shadow was good for one week during ToT then nerfed SWP by 25%, Locks were op during the whole of MoP, and yet the only nerf I have seen is the modification on the cunning. SP is the only range DPS with absolutely no answer for DPS on the move, except during execute phase; add to that the fact that we are one of the lowest ( if not the lowest) single target DPS, is just ridiculous. Our only baseline CD is Shadowfiend, wich doesn't benefit from Mastery. I could go on and talk about how we are just a miss match of bad designs(Shadow orb, SA, etc...).

I hope blizzard is gona do a full revamp, or at least to bring us back to something close to what we were in cataclysm. Don't tell me we were OP, the only fight where we were totally OP was Madness, there was always a better spec than shadow for any other encounter during cata, but at least we could, in most cases, be solid, it's just not the case at all during MoP. I was so many times helpless to see locks and whatever class was fotm, ahead of me on most encounters. TBH I really prefered to be a mana battery like in BC than some crappy DPS there for one buff.

I know it's a lot of rage, but being forced out of raids because I don't play the purple classe, really pissed me of.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    I quit WoW during the begining of ToT, mainly because I was sick of shadow not being top dps, and I didn't want to switch my warlock as my main. I might return for WoD, especially if the "get an orb for each SA" talent goes live, but I seriously doubt it.
    Shadow was good for one week during ToT then nerfed SWP by 25%, Locks were op during the whole of MoP, and yet the only nerf I have seen is the modification on the cunning. SP is the only range DPS with absolutely no answer for DPS on the move, except during execute phase; add to that the fact that we are one of the lowest ( if not the lowest) single target DPS, is just ridiculous. Our only baseline CD is Shadowfiend, wich doesn't benefit from Mastery. I could go on and talk about how we are just a miss match of bad designs(Shadow orb, SA, etc...).

I hope blizzard is gona do a full revamp, or at least to bring us back to something close to what we were in cataclysm. Don't tell me we were OP, the only fight where we were totally OP was Madness, there was always a better spec than shadow for any other encounter during cata, but at least we could, in most cases, be solid, it's just not the case at all during MoP. I was so many times helpless to see locks and whatever class was fotm, ahead of me on most encounters. TBH I really prefered to be a mana battery like in BC than some crappy DPS there for one buff.

I know it's a lot of rage, but being forced out of raids because I don't play the purple classe, really pissed me of.
    So you're mad because Shadow wasn't TOP dps? Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Deleted
    I was mad because class mattered a lot more than skill.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No problem bro But I'm having fun on my priest sooo, i suppose a buff couldn't hurt i guess. "why fix what aint broke" comes to mind though
    Imagine a world .. of warcraft were all classes feel the same as shadow... boy would that feel weird

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post

In vanilla/bc we had a sort of awkward role but we still felt usefull. I was saying in a other shadow thread is we don't really have a identity we lack something or atleast.. Okey so our off healing has been nerfed twice ? no wait four times? thank god we have our multi dot dps we rock on that uhm, sorry no i mean.. uh well we can mass dispell!!

Deleted
    Oh I feel Shadow Priests could be in a good place, being able to bank 5 orbs instead of 3, & those lvl 100 talents? I actually want them ALL.

The numbers stuff will come, but I remain hopeful, I love my priest, but Shadow only seems to do well when I chain-pull on the TI with 'Twisted Fate' up...

when dot snapshoting got removed in wod blizzard can easily balance dps between all classes
    and in wod skill isn't matter and who press button faster and have better connection is win
    basically wow become pakman like game for socials

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Anyone who thinks Spriests are viable in PvE or PvP is either trolling or oblivious.
    Shadow is viable in both, but it is far from optimal.