Trouble keeping DPS on flamethrower(HC)

I'm unsure if this is best posted here or in the dungeons and raids forum, but this is my best guess. My guild has been trying to down H braken for some time, our closest wipe was around 13%. We're running into trouble with the raid getting one-shot during a late infesting spores. I've been on flamethrower duty as frost the last few times, and while doing a good job with the moss, my dps was absoutly abysmal(3-5% damage done, and 13k dps.)

I know mages are not optimal for flamethrowers, but I'm looking for some advice to improve my dps. I know my ice flows usage is poor; I have trouble hitting ice flows and then continuing casting because it cant be macro'd and doesnt seem to buff me instantly.

My main spec is arcane, I plan to go arcane/fire for BRF, but my gear has too much multistrike and not enough crit to go fire now imo.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...-hand/Monitus/

logs
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/8#v=0,d=0

Any advice for me?

Well cant really tell very much from that log at all...warcraftlogs next time :P.

One glaring thing - what killed most of the raid was decay....the raid should never even have a decay go off, its interruptable.

As for advice for you on flame thrower - dunno how you are doing it, but focus on 1 half of the room (with the other flamethrower responsible for the other half) - then make sure when you go, there is enough moss out there to make it worth your while - you should have enough moss to burn from 0-90% full in one pass. Then just stay dpsing until your flamethrower cools back down to zero and repeat - this way you aren't interrupting your dps too often. Usually i start the fight, blow cds and by the time the first big fungal add is out, there should be enough moss that i start my first burn run to full, then get back to dpsing (near the end you may need to use the flamethrower for short bursts when the moss spawns under the boss or a shroom with the raid)

Also watch when your cd's are coming off cd - if you can do a full burn run and then unload on the boss with your CD's up you'll do a lot more damage.

Beyond that learn to get better with ice flows so you can dps as you run back and use blink to its fullest. Alternatively you could take blazing speed in order to burn more moss per burn run, if you do - make sure you use blazing speed first, then activate the flame thrower.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-01-30 at 08:49 PM.

Our logs are usually uploaded to warcraft, this weeks was AMR for some reason.

I've been having trouble using ice flows well, as there is noticable lag between pressing the keybind and the buff appearing, of about .6 seconds(Longer than normal latency) and this means that if I have to move from fire, waiting for ice flows to apply means that I am standing in fire for too long. Is this just an issue of my latency?

Force your hunters\SP\owls to use flamethrower. On our first kill our druid made 50k dps with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgslarg View Post
    I've been having trouble using ice flows well, as there is noticable lag between pressing the keybind and the buff appearing, of about .6 seconds(Longer than normal latency) and this means that if I have to move from fire, waiting for ice flows to apply means that I am standing in fire for too long. Is this just an issue of my latency?
    Honestly it shouldn't matter that much - double blink should have you back within range after your burn run anyhow that you don't even need to worry that much about floes (ideally you'd still use floes to cast as you re-position yourself and runes) - might be just you, i hit the button and then more or less immediately can begin casting. (there is a tiny delay but yours sounds way long - so it could be your latency)