Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft logs new tanking rankings?

So I just noticed on warcraft logs they added a tank ranking outside of just dps. Its based under a metric called KRSI.

Did a google search and I found nothing about this metric and I have never heard of it until they added it to logs. Anyone know how its calculated and what not?

- - - Updated - - -

HAH, never mind just found it in a reddit post!

15+ Year Old Account
    KRSI - Kihra's Resolve-Weighted Survivability Index

At one point it was called DEHRPS (there is so much room for puns there)

Anyway basically it's a metric that evaluates the amount of healing that you need from healers (doesn't count self-healing). It puts more emphasis on amount of time tanking, how many tanks used during the fight (a better score will be given to the tanks that 2 tank a 2-tank fight than 3-tanking [3-tanking Mythic Brackenspore "get rekt"]), and if you died during the attempt.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2015-01-28 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    as soon as we upload logs, I can see the tank ranking. But after a few hours they dissapear

Quote Originally Posted by Lusse
    as soon as we upload logs, I can see the tank ranking. But after a few hours they dissapear
    Metric is still being refined, so I wipe it as I find/fix bugs.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

I really hope there's something wrong in the formulas or otherwise we have 2 worst tanks in the world - 1-10% of rank all the time.

Deleted
    Did they die in the fights? I noticed that one fight where I got ressed, I ended completely bottom, but that it was pretty much ok-ish the rest of the fights.

Nah, they don't. But it seems it's about formula, because I just re-exported the ranks and it's much better now.

I wouldnt worry about the tank ranks atm. On Brack i take the boss whilst our dk tank takes the add until its dead, now the only defensives i used, or 'needed' was Guard, Diffuse Magic and Purity. I rank close to bottom, he ranks top 5. I took 8 million less damage too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    I wouldnt worry about the tank ranks atm. On Brack i take the boss whilst our dk tank takes the add until its dead, now the only defensives i used, or 'needed' was Guard, Diffuse Magic and Purity. I rank close to bottom, he ranks top 5. I took 8 million less damage too.
    I would assume the ranking is class related like everything else at the site? If so then he just did well compared to other DK's - while...well you know the rest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    I would assume the ranking is class related like everything else at the site? If so then he just did well compared to other DK's - while...well you know the rest
    Yes that must be right if thats what the ranks say The tank who is top has roughly the same DTPSE as myself, yet deals 7k less DPS. All im saying is Raid Leaders shouldn't be judging 'low ranking' tanks on this metric yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Yes that must be right if thats what the ranks say The tank who is top has roughly the same DTPSE as myself, yet deals 7k less DPS. All im saying is Raid Leaders shouldn't be judging 'low ranking' tanks on this metric yet
    Yeah was just refering to your example - I agree on the rest. It's valid for ranking in General though since many/most higher ranks are anyways cheesed and combined with good rng. The Overall Performance should still be evaluated by checking the total logs (Errors in the fight, uptimes, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover
    KRSI - Kihra's Resolve-Weighted Survivability Index

At one point it was called DEHRPS (there is so much room for puns there)

Anyway basically it's a metric that evaluates the amount of healing that you need from healers (doesn't count self-healing). It puts more emphasis on amount of time tanking, how many tanks used during the fight (a better score will be given to the tanks that 2 tank a 2-tank fight than 3-tanking [3-tanking Mythic Brackenspore "get rekt"]), and if you died during the attempt.
    The latest incarnation of the metric is actually the avg of TMI and Resolve-Weighted EHRPS.

to quote a friend of mine

"this tanking thing is completely moronic"

pay no attention to it, anyone who thinks 1 tanking a fight makes your balls bigger is an idiot tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    The latest incarnation of the metric is actually the avg of TMI and Resolve-Weighted EHRPS.
    Interesting concept. Will be following its development with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    to quote a friend of mine

"this tanking thing is completely moronic"

pay no attention to it, anyone who thinks 1 tanking a fight makes your balls bigger is an idiot tbh
    Edit: Just saw on the official forums where they explained that one tanking a fight gives more weight than two tanking. Not sure how I feel about that.
    Last edited by eksdra; 2015-01-29 at 07:43 PM. Reason: forgot quote

Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    Ick, really? Are you at least going to leave EHRPS (and ETMI) visible as a separate metric? I can understand why you might want some kind of general tankiness metric for rankings, but EHRPS itself is useful to know when doing performance analysis.

TMI is already listed on Warcraft logs... not sure why it needs to be in the new metric too. TMI is OK, but I'm not sure it properly accounts for differences between using Guard on a big hit vs Rune Tap. Using Guard will have a bigger spike, though it's absorbed.

The "how much external healing per second do you need" metric seems like a good idea and I hope Kihra keeps showing that on its own.

Personally I couldn't care less about a comprehensive ranking based off of metrics that most people don't even know exist like TMI or anything that has back-end weighting to where people don't understand what the number comes from. I'm just happy that External Healing Required Per Second is finally a metric, although I'd prefer it if it was enabled by default instead of having to click on it, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Personally I couldn't care less about a comprehensive ranking based off of metrics that most people don't even know exist like TMI or anything that has back-end weighting to where people don't understand what the number comes from. I'm just happy that External Healing Required Per Second is finally a metric, although I'd prefer it if it was enabled by default instead of having to click on it, but whatever.
    hah, I guess I could care less about the ranking as well. Although it is pretty cool to see a ranking for us outside of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by eksdra
    Edit: Just saw on the official forums where they explained that one tanking a fight gives more weight than two tanking. Not sure how I feel about that.
    This is just a necessity for a rankable metric. Basically I have to heavily weight by the the time spent actively tanking as well as the number of tanks. I think both of these weights make sense, since the less time you spend tanking, the "easier" your job is when you do. You'll have all your CDs and AM up every time you actively tank if you are only tanking 20% of the time, so it would be silly to reward that tank over one that tanked 90% of the time (and thus could not have CDs and AM up all the time).

Similarly if you use more tanks on a hard boss, e.g., 3-tanking Mythic Margok, then the 3 tanks will obviously take less spike damage and require less healing than if you used 2 tanks. This is similar to how healer rankings work. Healers don't end up ranking on HPS when you bring too many, and if you drop to very few healers, they can rank. The tank metric is similar. "Overtank" it and you won't rank. "Undertank" it and you get rewarded.