Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    Similarly if you use more tanks on a hard boss, e.g., 3-tanking Mythic Margok, then the 3 tanks will obviously take less spike damage and require less healing than if you used 2 tanks. This is similar to how healer rankings work. Healers don't end up ranking on HPS when you bring too many, and if you drop to very few healers, they can rank. The tank metric is similar. "Overtank" it and you won't rank. "Undertank" it and you get rewarded.
    and you realise healing ranks mean literally nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Why bother ranking at all? There's so many variables that could go into completing one encounter. Why bother ranking dps, they might have different gear, the fight may take longer to kill, the individual may have to respond to a random mechanic that another didn't. This is obvious sarcasm, but the point is this; ranking provides a metric for players with exceptional ability to stand out. As in all rankings, they must be taken with a grain of salt for a small sample size. However, if a player consistently ranks high in varied encounters with different healing, tanking or damage dealing situations then the ranks can be indicative of a player's average ability (this is why I like the percentile brackets). Compared to others of similar skill, situations and encounters, of course.

I mean, I guess you could say that about a tank ranking as well. Maybe even support class rankings all together. I do think though a healing ranking is much more i guess "valuable" for lack of a better word for checking some real throughput across healers and I guess you could say all types of rankings are just for "muscle flexing."

To be fair all the rankings are pretty pointless.

Doesn't stop them from being fun endeavors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage
    To be fair all the rankings are pretty pointless.

Doesn't stop them from being fun endeavors though.
    Yup, this is mainly just giving tanks something fun to do when bored during farm. Having an additional metric to pursue besides just DPS basically. Too many factors go into tanking to be able to come up with one number as a magical indicator of tank class balance, and that isn't what this is for.

That said, obvious disparities in the # between two tanks of the same class doing the same thing should still be useful for highlighting differences in gear and/or skill.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    Yup, this is mainly just giving tanks something fun to do when bored during farm. Having an additional metric to pursue besides just DPS basically. Too many factors go into tanking to be able to come up with one number as a magical indicator of tank class balance, and that isn't what this is for.

That said, obvious disparities in the # between two tanks of the same class doing the same thing should still be useful for highlighting differences in gear and/or skill.
    Can you make EHRPS default under Damage Taken though? I understand wanting to see raw damage taken but realistically when most people click on damage taken they care more about how much healing they ate up and less about damage they took that they knew could be just self-healed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Can you make EHRPS default under Damage Taken though? I understand wanting to see raw damage taken but realistically when most people click on damage taken they care more about how much healing they ate up and less about damage they took that they knew could be just self-healed anyways.
    I would very much like this as well!