Shrediron's Shredder Can't Upgrade to Stage 3 of 3?

Anyone else not able to upgrade from stage 2 of 3 to stage 3 of 3?

Here's what I put in my ticket:
    I have the engineer crafted Shrediron's Shredder of the Aurora gun. It has been upgraded to stage 2 of 3. I made Blackrock Rifling to upgrade it to 3 of 3. When I try to upgrade the gun I get a message that says, “That item cannot be modified.” I checked Wowhead and there is a known text issue with Blackrock Rifling, but no mention of a Use issue. What needs to happen for me to use the upgrade on my weapon?

Here's the response:
    Game Master Xxxxyyy here. I received your ticket in about the issue you encountered with the Blackrock Rifling.

After a recent hotfix the stage 2 upgrade for the Shrediron's Shredder raised the ilvl to 645 instead of 640. The Blackrock Rifling can only be used on an engineered gun of ilvl 640. It is something that our developers are investigating. We're not sure if this is intended or is a bug, so for now I'd recommend keeping the Blackrock Rifling in your bank till we know for sure. Likely it is a bug and will be fixed with an upcoming hotfix or patch. Keep an eye on the forums and patchnotes for updates on this.

If you have any other questions or concerns that we can address please do contact us once again!

Here's my unanswered response:
    Respectfully, I can't believe your response. What you are saying is you think the gun not being able to be upgraded to stage 3 of 3 may be intended! I used a lot time and mats to make Blackrock Rifling and now you are suggesting I may have wasted my time/mats and to just wait for an unknown period of time to see if the issue might be fixed at some point? The gun text states it can be upgraded and there is only one way to do that...you use Blackrock Rifling. I must say I'm very disappointed that this response appears to be an attempt to do nothing at all to fix this problem. If you are correct I'd expect to see a Blue Post telling everyone not to bother attempting to make or use Blackrock Rifling and that the gun text is wrong and it can only be upgraded to stage 2 of 3! Also, I've only found one forum post on this problem, if it was wide spread I'd expect to see quite a few threads on it. I'd appreciate a better response than what you have provided Thank you.

I just can't believe this is happening to everyone and I can't find a ton of complaints. I've tried for days to get it to work, I've tried with it equipped, not equipped, and I've removed the transmorg and no luck at all. Anyone else see this and figure out the fix?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I upgraded my gun on my hunter.. not sure what the issue is, but this may be part of the problem why they are having a tough time pinning it down. If it's only affecting a small portion of the playerbase it may not be as easy to identify.

It sucks. but try not to get bent out of shape about it. Sounds like you got a tier 1 GM, which cannot dfo much except answer questions, and their knowledge base is relatively limited. Be courteous and continue to update your ticket, and you should get to a tier 3, who can actually do some decent work.

Our priest had a similar issue with his darkmoon trinket. The GM took his Stage 2 and molten tarot and replaced it with a Stage 3.

Keep pushing them.

how many posts do i need to make before i can post links

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladorian View Post
    how many posts do i need to make before i can post links

/10character

2nd GM Response:

Greetings, Game Master Gggglllyy here!

I took another look at this for you, and it looks like there was an update on the issue. From what it looks like, the problem isn't with the Blackrock Rifling itself, but due to a mistake you made when upgrading the gun the first time. There was a bug where you were able to use the upgrade item for the goggles, the Linkgrease Locksprocket, to upgrade the guns instead. Since the improper upgrade item was used, it effectively broke the item and made it impossible to get up to level 3.

Now that we know what the problem is, I have exchanged your old gun for a new version, along with the weapon enchant and the proper upgrade item, the True Iron Trigger. Once upgraded to level 2 with that, you should be able to use the Blackrock Rifiling normally. I do apologize for any confusion that caused you there, but glad to see that it was something that could be fixed without waiting for a hotfix/patch to address.

If you need anything else, just submit another help request the next time you are online. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

In the end they fixed the problem and the gun is now at stage 3 of 3!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next time make sure to use the proper upgrade item on it!

Glad things worked out