Is there some sort of addon/service that can tell you the next achievement to go for?

Something that calculates estimated achievement points per hour doing something? I think this could be neat if not done already.

Deleted
    It would be incredibly hard to do. Consider this made-up example:

Kill 1000 Blood Elf Rogues. You're at 987/1000. In theory it is super easy to find another 13 belf rogues, so you jump into a battleground and look for them. Several days later, you have only killed 8.

Skin 25000 beasts. You're at 13000/25000. Frekkin impossible task, but you find a nice spot with little competition and lots of beasts that are easily killed. 2 days later you are at 25000.

HOW would an addon calculate which takes less time?

I would like something like this myself, to get the ones I just haven't bothered to get but are super easy, but I just don't see it happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    It would be incredibly hard to do. Consider this made-up example:

Kill 1000 Blood Elf Rogues. You're at 987/1000. In theory it is super easy to find another 13 belf rogues, so you jump into a battleground and look for them. Several days later, you have only killed 8.

Skin 25000 beasts. You're at 13000/25000. Frekkin impossible task, but you find a nice spot with little competition and lots of beasts that are easily killed. 2 days later you are at 25000.

HOW would an addon calculate which takes less time?

I would like something like this myself, to get the ones I just haven't bothered to get but are super easy, but I just don't see it happening.
    You're right, it wouldn't be able to properly calculate what the next best achievement would be for anyone as there are far too many variables to take into account before assigning you the "next best one" to complete.

Perhaps it could just tell you which achievements are closest to completion and not really account for time required to complete it that way it would be on the player to still vet out which achievement they want to pursue next.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    Perhaps it could just tell you which achievements are closest to completion
    If it was made percentage based, it would be a lot easier to make than the OP suggestion, however, it would probably be quite annoying to sort through the results, at least for me. There are soooo many achievements I have partially done where I know I just won't ever get my finger out of my rear end and get the last ones done. Like certain dungeon/raid achievements in old content that can't be done solo, or other stuff I've given up on long ago. After sorting through my list, I would probably end up at achievements that are less than 50% complete and would take weeks or months to finish. I would simply give up (just like now), being reminded that it's going to take forever to get it done.

A good example of my own achievements would be The Justicar - getting exalted with Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin and Alterac Valley. AV is done, so that's 33% of the way already. I'm only on Friendly with the other two factions, so let's say 46% or something. I have been playing WoW since vanilla and I STILL haven't gotten those two higher than that! Having an addon remind me that I'm 46% to Justicar, GOGO GET IT, that would really annoy the crap out of me. I really really do not want to do any more WSG or ABs if I don't have to. I hate the low rep gain per fight. It would take me another year or so if I focused on it. But I really do not want to. Sure, I could remove that one from the list, but then I'd get a new suggestion that was even less complete and probably just as frustrating to finish

The Overachiever addon offers suggestions of achievements to be completed based on your current location, i.e. the ones that are most immediate/convenient to complete.

There used to be a web site called http://www.cheevosftw.com/ which would offer suggestions on what to do next, based on what was near completion or easy to get, but it seems to be defunct now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    If it was made percentage based, it would be a lot easier to make than the OP suggestion, however, it would probably be quite annoying to sort through the results, at least for me.
    It would also have to be somewhat intelligent - telling me I'm 75% done with the "Bros Before Ho Ho Hos" achievement when it's January doesn't do me a whole lot of good. Or telling me I'm 97% complete for the Oceanographer when the last fish I need only spawns during summer and it's currently winter.