So this happened to me...

I was on a flight path out to Nagrand for a Highmaul raid. I got summoned with an encounter in progress. I got the loading screen then kicked out of the instance. I ended up just standing there in mid air in Talador on the flight path. I am doing the dance animation just to show it.

It's an issue with how the engine scripts flight paths, specifically mounting them. When you left the instance, the engine failed to put you back on the mount, and thus left you hanging in the air. As long as you don't move, you will remain airborne (if you move, the game recalculates your position, and you will start to fall).

I couldn't move, I tried. I could just dance or sit, no movement.

You can escape by using your hearthstone then.

Deleted
    Yesterday I flew from my garrison to Nagrand on my monk, and the mount didn't appear, so my character just did the swim animation all the way through.

http://i.imgur.com/vzIaVqJ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yesterday I flew from my garrison to Nagrand on my monk, and the mount didn't appear, so my character just did the swim animation all the way through.

http://i.imgur.com/vzIaVqJ.jpg
    Yah, pretty much what you get when you've been constantly modifying the code to a 15 year old game engine to run a game it was never intended to run. The same goes for falling underneath water, camera pan away glitches and so forth. These little kinks will never get fixed, as it would literally - speaking as someone who knows just how ludicrous game development is personally - would cost a raid tier. Just gotta bear with it I suppose, though undoubtedly as time moves forward, and more and more adjustments to engine is made, the more problems are gonna emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Yah, pretty much what you get when you've been constantly modifying the code to a 15 year old game engine to run a game it was never intended to run. The same goes for falling underneath water, camera pan away glitches and so forth. These little kinks will never get fixed, as it would literally - speaking as someone who knows just how ludicrous game development is personally - would cost a raid tier. Just gotta bear with it I suppose, though undoubtedly as time moves forward, and more and more adjustments to engine is made, the more problems are gonna emerge.
    and its not even like they do it enough to warrant a fix, outa the thousands of FPs ive taken ive had like 3 glitch
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Nice that you have blacked out some information, but there is enough to identify you