Help evaluate guild logs on h imp! Why are we wiping?

warcraftlogs.com/reports/HLwTNjYdhzXB7yDG

So my guild has consistently been managing to get h imp down to phase 4 around 15 percent before people just start dropping like flies and I can't figure out why.

So far what I've come up with is that dps is not high enough in general, not killing the aberrations fast enough. Our healers are not managing their cool downs properly and so are the tanks.

I'm very sure our monk healer and disc priest are doing something very wrong due to their low numbers. Please can anyone give some insight as to why we are failing and indepth tips on how our healers can do better and also both our tanks. Any tips on how our dps can do better as well would be a godsend.

Please mythic members, help!

People with fixate did not move away from raid, so lots of people took damage from it, 3 deaths from Nether Blast (the spell cast on fixate targets). You had a mine go off which also killed one player, and caused whole raid to take big damage. You had a player die from the Arcane add (Volatile Anomalie) explosion when it dies, so he must have been low before it happened.

You took too much damage as a whole from the force nova, not moving through it fast enough to reduce damage (especially your priest Mccready). On 2 occasions you had branded stack higher than is ideal, causing high damage that needed to be healed. A lot of people in your raid didn't use health potions/healthstones.

Your warrior tank only used 22 shield blocks and no shield barrier, but he used 135 heroic strikes.. He only used one armor pot, he only used Enraged Regen (1min cooldown) 5 times, same thing with Demo shout only 3 times (1min cooldown), he used Shield Wall (3min cooldown) only once, 10min fight. He was one of the players to not use a Health Potion/Healthstone.. He did not use Berserker Rage at all for extra enrage uptime + rage. His playing would have required extra healing.

Your healing and DPS numbers are fine, it's just execution of the fight and playing classes properly for progression.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-01-29 at 09:16 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    well the people triggering the mines does not help(this is main issue i think) people are slacking on potting(not why you are wiping, but if you wanna progress get it straight, i mean 8 attempts inxain have 0 pots). people could use there healthstone tonics more, i can see spinkick died a few times and 0 potions used. " lowest recorded average item level is 584.6." someone was not fully equipped probably took of gear to get food buff than didnt put it back on. and finally people are getting stupid amounts of hits from force nova. now some classes just can't do anything about it just move through it but you should encourage people to use blink/leap/AMS etc to avoid the damage

You can click on the "problems" tab to have some insight on your deaths and damage taken, not as good as personnal feedback but much easier to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    People with fixate did not move away from raid, so lots of people took damage from it, 3 deaths from Nether Blast (the spell cast on fixate targets). You had a mine go off which also killed one player, and caused whole raid to take big damage. You had a player die from the Arcane add (Volatile Anomalie) explosion when it dies, so he must have been low before it happened.

You took too much damage as a whole from the force nova, not moving through it fast enough to reduce damage (especially your priest Mccready). On 2 occasions you had branded stack higher than is ideal, causing high damage that needed to be healed. A lot of people in your raid didn't use health potions/healthstones.

Your warrior tank only used 22 shield blocks and no shield barrier, but he used 135 heroic strikes.. He only used one armor pot, he only used Enraged Regen (1min cooldown) 5 times, same thing with Demo shout only 3 times (1min cooldown), he used Shield Wall (3min cooldown) only once, 10min fight. He was one of the players to not use a Health Potion/Healthstone.. He did not use Berserker Rage at all for extra enrage uptime + rage. His playing would have required extra healing.

Your healing and DPS numbers are fine, it's just execution of the fight and playing classes properly for progression.
    While i overall agree with your tips on the warrior i must say that i don't use enrage regen / shieldwall / Last stand and demo shout whenever they get off cool down ... I use them when the incomming dmg will be high or when i drop low on health for whatever reason (healer dieing for example).
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    While i overall agree with your tips on the warrior i must say that i don't use enrage regen / shieldwall / Last stand and demo shout whenever they get off cool down ... I use them when the incomming dmg will be high or when i drop low on health for whatever reason (healer dieing for example).
    As you should.. But, missing 50% of the possible uses is just bad, save healers some mana if the raid isn't going well.

Deleted
    Couple of things I can see from the start.

I play warlock and your warlock seems to be struggling on this fight, his DPS was way to low and hes not shadowburn cleaving enough. In general however your dps seems okay, just sort out those slackers 17k is not really acceptable.

The rest just seems to be your execution

Spinkickslap set off a mine and let the wrath stack too high, people are not running through the nova, not moving from the fixates (this is pretty excusable, you just got to move out) its just silly mistakes.

How are you dealing with the second intermission phase? if you execute that well the fight should be won.

EDIT.

That warlock dies to destabilize. this is not really on, your healers are seriously slacking.
    Last edited by mmoccf1f0c50fe; 2015-01-29 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but what you can read from the log is that you can afford to use cooldowns more to save healer mana. With all this damage going around you're putting a lot of stress on healer mana that could be a game changer in Phase 4.

I understand that you're not looking at stuff through a microscope when you're playing the game and you use stuff more as a reaction, but if you have an idea of where you could improve then you can plan ahead to make the most of your cooldowns. Same goes for rage usage, if you're getting off 135 heroic strikes then you could probably be doing more to reduce incoming damage.

The damage of your raidgroup really isnt the issue, nor the healing numbers. Mostly just taking a little too much damage here and there from stuff, resulting in silly deaths. Same stuff happens in our raids too, our raiders are fuckers for not using healthstones/health pots.. But if everyone uses one then it really adds up, especially during high pressure heavy damage moments.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4