Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I am experiencing a "Cataclysm 2.0" right now :(

Right now, I am having the exact same experience I had in Cataclysm:

- Extreme boredom at max level.
    - No idea what the current story is about anymore.
    - Struggling with steady raid groups because people keep quitting out of boredom.
    - After a friendlist at launch revival they are all offline for weeks now.
    - The constant questioning myself what the hell I'm doing the max level content for...

And then finally I can already see another "Cataclysm" thing on the horizon: the very lightweight content patches that only bring class balance changes, minor quest additions and useless item additions (in this expac the toys...).

It just sucks... I love WoW and I hope things will (once again) improve at some point in the near future... But it's hard to have fun like this

Good thing we have this WoD bashing thread, I was beginning to think nobody would make one.

You don't love WoW. You loved WoW. And now you are bored of it. Nothing Blizzard will or can do will revive your interest. It is time to quit. It's just as with any other game, eventually even new things (DLCs) feel 'same old same old' and you quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Good thing we have this WoD bashing thread, I was beginning to think nobody would make one.
    You know some people deserve their own whinethread

Simple answer; the game moved on, you didn't. Time to quit I guess (or find a private server that is playing in the current expac you enjoyed the most, that's what I did back in Cata, played on some Vanilla server the whole expansion).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Then unsubscribe, because honestly no one cares that you find the game boring. After seeing the recent patch notes, and plans to have a fucking "Selfie" feature, I have no regrets leaving this shitty game. Move on with your life, and find something else you enjoy doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens every single expansion.

You clear the current raid, people quit till the next one.
    You've been max level for over a month, you stop logging in as much.

Happens all the time, nothing new.

There are a tonne of other games to play, why don't you play them with your friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You don't love WoW. You loved WoW. And now you are bored of it. Nothing Blizzard will or can do will revive your interest. It is time to quit. It's just as with any other game, eventually even new things (DLCs) feel 'same old same old' and you quit.
    as if there will be no difference between bored of a game and bored of shitty or not existing content. differentiation is not the strength of some people out there...

man, how much i hate people like you...

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people would stop being so stupid, The game is fine, Just because you loved WoW doesn't mean you still do, When you play a game for years on end, you cna get bored with it, It's just so easy to blame the game, rather than accepting you've probably just burnt yourself out, take a break, it's just a game, If you were sick of a console game, You'd just stop putting it on, do the same, Just saying you don't know what the current story is about any more is proof of this, there is no way you can't know that, unless you're just not bothered to read anything.

Take a break.

At least you could fly in Cataclysm.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

with these kinds of threads, i always ask myself, what exactly is it that people are missing, what did previous expansions / patches bring that we do not currently have. The only thing i can come up with is a daily hub and even that people whine about. Anyone care to enlighten me to what we are missing?

I'm a bit bored also but I don't think it's due to nothing in-game to do (I only log on for raids now) but basically the things I found fun in vanilla through Wrath to kill time which was pretty much running 5 mans for the sake of it, mindless grinding and leveling alts which all still exist today I haven't found fun since Cataclysm.

Pretty much the game is old and in my opinion only regular new stuff (e.g. expansion launches and content patches) keeps the majority of long-term players entertained for extended periods of gameplay time.

Oh another big one for me is I used to play with really nice people which I met through game and it was so much fun doing anything with them, they all quit though and i can't seem to find people like that anymore.

I don't get the "no idea what the story is about" as the made it clear even before the expansion came out and further built on it through quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    At least you could fly in Cataclysm.
    You mean sitting on your flying mount in Org/SW waiting for queues? Time to take of the nostalgic glasses and realize that flying mounts gave nothing important to this game. It made a simple game even simpler, took the World out of World of Warcraft.
    However, if I had a gathering as a hobby, I would understand the need for flying. But other than that it is not needed at all, as the traveling distances in WoD isn't that far.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I play alot less nowadays so i'm not bored but even when i did put a disgusting amount of gametime in on a day by day basis, it's the same scenario. You run out of things to do. I'd chase arena rating or do heroic raiding. There's never been anything else.

time to mix it up with other games. no need to play this game every single day

At the start of the expansion I thought WoD was one of the great expansions, atleast better than the previous two. Now I'm boored, and already quit. There isn't much to do, except there is tons of shit to do, like achievements. However, doing 500 petbattles for 10pts, or grinding things over and over is not what I consider fun (anymore), so I'm just boored of the same game.

I still like WoW tho, so I'll return to it once i'm boored with life.

Quote Originally Posted by Peukst View Post
    with these kinds of threads, i always ask myself, what exactly is it that people are missing, what did previous expansions / patches bring that we do not currently have. The only thing i can come up with is a daily hub and even that people whine about. Anyone care to enlighten me to what we are missing?
    Let's see what I am missing because I am in the same situation as the OP, but still find the content worth it due to my casualness that I am forced into.

1. less and less and less dungeons = less things to do that I enjoy
    I cannot run dungeons to my hearts content if I so wished because we have so few. Because there are so few, I grow bored with them much MUCH faster.
    2. no dailies
    While I loath dailies in MoP, it was more because of the gating of things then the amount of them available. Availability is good. If you wish to do dailies for whatever reason, that is fine. If it is "forced" then it is not. And I don't mind a forced daily hub either if it is ONE faction. Not a faction behind a faction behind a faction.
    3. no grind outside of the garrison is required nor does it pay off to do so
    I am talking about mine and herb nodes. There is no reason to go out into the world for these. You can casually grab them if you are in the outside world if it is on the way. But why bother? No AH value at all.
    4. since his and mine friendslist are more or less empty again (while full at the start of WOD), there are less people go have fun with. You could make new friends obviously. But where do you meet these really? Trade chat? (don't make me laugh) If you are not in an active guild, then where do you meet people who are nice enough to bother with? Dungeons are over within a few minutes. So not long enough to make friends. Almost no one requeues. Might aswell be drones inthere. Same for LFR. It does happen ofcourse, exceptions are there.

So old friends are ever so important to have or join a guild that is active and hope your type of people are inthere.

Now I can still play this game. I recently found a nice group of people that I like doing normal/heroic with. This is an active guild. If I hadn't found these people I would have quit for sure. Why bother just logging in for your garrison and then log off? LFR? whahaha.

I used to be able to play this game 8 hours a day (not kidding either). Now I can play it 1/3 hours a day (not every day) and I am sorta fine.

If I still had 8 hours a day to spend on WoW... I could still be done within 1 hour (+ raids). What would I do with the rest of my time?

To be perfectly honest I am pretty happy the game has slowed down. I wouldn't enjoy a game that required me to be online 15-20 hours a week outside of raiding with my guild (12 hours in itself a week). WoW is just a little entertainment for me with friends after work. Not really all that interested in a 2nd full time job.

I just log on to raid and do arena, do other stuff rest of the time. Some people love doing all the random shit that is in the game, god knows there is enough of it, other people don't. If you don't love the random shit they put in for you to do then just find another game, WoW can't provide everything for everyone.

Like I said, for me it's just raiding and a weekly arena cap... I really enjoy playing it, but those are the only things I go online for.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    - No idea what the current story is about anymore.
    This I don't get. Garrison campaigns and legendary questline makes it pretty clear IMO.

But yeah the "omg I love it"-feeling I had while levelling is gone in end-game. Too many Ghostcrawler remnants of "everything should be optional".

And too much effort put into the garrison, which by itself goes against both what mmo's usually strive for AND is a weird "take on player housing" like they wanted to call it before launch. It's a sweatshop with minimal player customisation, it's nothing like a home for the character. We were supposed to customise much more, but that got scrapped.