Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    It's a cool idea, but it forces us into downtime to give us as much mana as other healers have without having downtime to channel mana regen.
    Don't shamans, currently, have to cast 2 sec spell every 12 secs to maintain their mana regen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

no. Only other class that comes close to us in mana regen is disc priests and we still beat them by a longggggggggggggggg shot. They regen 2% of their mana every 10 seconds from a spell called solace. And a fiend that comes out and restores 12% of their mana every 3 min.

- - - Updated - - -

unless you're talking about elemental blast. Which is a talent you can opt in to, but i know a lot of shamans prefer primal ele for the damage reduction cd (20% + 10% healing) or the unleashed fury if they are focusing on tanks

All resto shamans spec into Elemental Blast, for general healing, 2 sec cast, every 12 secs, giving 1k spirit, which is just a flat dmg spell otherwise, breaking their flow of healing (especially if you need to maintain somwhat spammy healing)

Solace is still a heal (and a talent btw, just like Blast) and is instant and replaces Holy Fire, which I believe, disco still uses to maintain their Evangelism stacks to trigger Archangel. Fiend doesn't regen mana anymore, only Mindbender on 1 min CD (which is exclusive with Solace)

Monks still can glyph into instant mana tea, they can drink it during downtime for any amount of seconds they are allowed, they can delay it etc.. And it's the only real/interesting active mana regen ability left in the game IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

In order to stop the consumption of tea, we must stop... the bagging. #teabagginghurtspeople

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    That's the point of classes, differences in them. Drawbacks are part of that. It's not like we're not competitive because we have to dedicate 40 seconds every fight to channeling a spell that doesn't heal.
    Like I said, if anything other healer's mana regeneration needs to be looked at. If you assign healers niches respective mana regeneration I think the monk should be the one with essentially infinite in long, slow paced fights because of the refund mechanic in combination with efficient spells, with the drawback of awful mana in short, fast paced fights because of the high mana cost, chi inefficient spells.
    In the same way another class should be the opposite.
    Obviously all within a range that doesn't make healer x unplayable on encounter y, preferably through the classes complementing each other by design.
    I think you said it really well especially the part about how they blow through mana on high intensity parts and regen in low intensity parts, you know like balance? the sole solid multicultural monk thematic

Deleted
    Honestly, you could write a long-ass post or you could shoehorn a twitter campaign. In order to maintain their sanity I bet Blizzard have a policy where they just don't give a shit and ignore it all.

I think Mana Tea is a very nice mechanic. MW are already a very limited healer without many tools, taking out mana tea would completely take out any depth of their gameplay. If Blizzard think MW needs to be more mana limited they should lower the generation of mana tea, not the amount of mana it gives back.

Right now at any one time you know exactly how much mana you will get back from it, with the terrible %spirit change you will need a calculator before every raid to figure it out..... how fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    It's a cool idea, but it forces us into downtime to give us as much mana as other healers have without having downtime to channel mana regen.
    That WOULD be true, except we have better overall mana regen than any other healing class at the moment. If you want passive mana regen like other healers, expect to have to worry about mana as much as other healers do in a much different way than we do now.

Besides, even on Mythic, most, if not all, fights have sections of downtime where you can drink tea, and at .5 seconds per tick, it's really not THAT time consuming. I don't think mana tea is without its faults, but if it's causing wipes because you're drinking it in times where heals are needed, that's you playing incorrectly, not the mana tea mechanic. We all went 2 years with it through MoP and never once did I lose someone to bad timing of mana drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    All resto shamans spec into Elemental Blast, for general healing, 2 sec cast, every 12 secs, giving 1k spirit, which is just a flat dmg spell otherwise, breaking their flow of healing (especially if you need to maintain somwhat spammy healing)

Solace is still a heal (and a talent btw, just like Blast) and is instant and replaces Holy Fire, which I believe, disco still uses to maintain their Evangelism stacks to trigger Archangel. Fiend doesn't regen mana anymore, only Mindbender on 1 min CD (which is exclusive with Solace)

Monks still can glyph into instant mana tea, they can drink it during downtime for any amount of seconds they are allowed, they can delay it etc.. And it's the only real/interesting active mana regen ability left in the game IMHO.
    thought it's 500 spirit

Quote Originally Posted by ScreddyLoix View Post
    I think Mana Tea is a very nice mechanic. MW are already a very limited healer without many tools, taking out mana tea would completely take out any depth of their gameplay. If Blizzard think MW needs to be more mana limited they should lower the generation of mana tea, not the amount of mana it gives back.
    They did that this expansion, I'd rather not see that happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    That WOULD be true, except we have better overall mana regen than any other healing class at the moment. If you want passive mana regen like other healers, expect to have to worry about mana as much as other healers do in a much different way than we do now.

Besides, even on Mythic, most, if not all, fights have sections of downtime where you can drink tea, and at .5 seconds per tick, it's really not THAT time consuming. I don't think mana tea is without its faults, but if it's causing wipes because you're drinking it in times where heals are needed, that's you playing incorrectly, not the mana tea mechanic. We all went 2 years with it through MoP and never once did I lose someone to bad timing of mana drinking.
    T14 we used the glyph and we were fistweaving.
    T15 plenty of downtime in a lot of areas.
    T16 disc priests carried us so of course we had time

There's been a few attempts in Mythic Imp where I reach 20 stacks but can't drink because there's too much damage going on. And then the few times I have the opportunity to drink I have to stop a drink tea, whereas the rest of my healing team drinks their mana pot. On our first kill I ran 100% completely oom in P4 but never got to drink a mana pot because I had to take anytime where I would have to drink my tea.
    MW still have to worry about mana consumption the same way other healers do, we just ALSO have to worry about when to stop healing so we can channel mana tea. Also, I'm fairly certain glyphing mana tea would be pretty horrible.

Cyria I'm right there with you. During the intermission I drink my mana tea going into p3. because I'm needed more in p3 than I am in intermission.

Quote Originally Posted by isRobin View Post
    If you want to know how clunky mana tea is from my perspective. When I do mythic imperator progression, I start off the fight as FW to build up stacks, my goal is 10 stacks. Sometimes I hit 12, sometimes i hit 6..... -.- When I have 6 stacks after the puntback from add I look at my mana bar and say "don't worry baby I'll be gentle..."
    U should get 18-20 stacks of MT every single attempt on mythic imp. On a very attrocious pull where you dont get many procs you should at least get 16 stacks. There is no reason for a MW to have problems with mana on imp ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Headmarine View Post
    U should get 18-20 stacks of MT every single attempt on mythic imp. On a very attrocious pull where you dont get many procs you should at least get 16 stacks. There is no reason for a MW to have problems with mana on imp ever.
    you realize I'm talking about p1? I only FW until the first knockback.

Quote Originally Posted by isRobin View Post
    you realize I'm talking about p1? I only FW until the first knockback.
    You are supposed to fistweave until the first intermission. Ure other healers should easily be able to handle the first phase. And even then i do an average of 24k-30k HPS just fistweaving. And you will usually go into intermission with 16-20 stacks at like 80% mana. Just remember to use chi burst on the melee and a ranged group during add phases. And xuen during the first big add spawn so its back up for the explosions in intermission. A good example would be wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=yhPQFT6CpuQ this is monkioh's Mythic Imp kill

Quote Originally Posted by Headmarine View Post
    You are supposed to fistweave until the first intermission. Ure other healers should easily be able to handle the first phase. And even then i do an average of 24k-30k HPS just fistweaving. And you will usually go into intermission with 16-20 stacks at like 80% mana. Just remember to use chi burst on the melee and a ranged group during add phases. And xuen during the first big add spawn so its back up for the explosions in intermission. A good example would be wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=yhPQFT6CpuQ this is monkioh's Mythic Imp kill

Do you understand that the only reason he did "28k" hps is because he used revival? You're not going to be doing that much healing as a fistweaver without using that, and if you watch his HPS was going down after that. Also there is no damage requirement in P1, and you may even want to slow dps depending on how geared your raid is. It's better to just fistweaver for the mana tea stacks and then go back to serpent stance

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    Do you understand that the only reason he did "28k" hps is because he used revival? You're not going to be doing that much healing as a fistweaver without using that, and if you watch his HPS was going down after that. Also there is no damage requirement in P1, and you may even want to slow dps depending on how geared your raid is. It's better to just fistweaver for the mana tea stacks and then go back to serpent stance
    Yeah I save revival for intermission because it's such an oh shit FUCK YOU BOOMIES part of the fight, and we split our groups up into 2 for p1, so I'm dedicated to a side of the ranged. I get about 7-10 stacks before first punt back. Our resto druid cover's p1 pretty well. SotF + Wild Growth is a little broken atm. He can pull 45k hps with that, dream of cenarius (SOTF is a very mana intensive style) and a few rejuv's and tranqs. 45khps throughout the fight. Honestly I hate raiding with him because it just feels like his healing is more instant and potent than uplift spamming at times.