Nameplate addon that lets you control width - or tell me how to do it in tidyplates?

Hey,

I use a tri-screen monitor setup, which causes some problems with nameplates. Namely, blizzards ui scales nameplates by the width of the screen rather than the height, so my nameplates are 3x as big as they should be, and they glitch a bit when clicking on them, because the clickable area is also 3x as big, so often you can't click on a mob because other frames completely cover it.

In the past (at least 2 years ago?) I used to use tidyplates, and there was an option to shrink them - I can't find that anymore, and I can't find any other addon that shrinks nameplates.

Is there anything around that creates smaller than usual nameplates? Or anyone with a suggested work around?

Cheers!

You could try the different nameplate styles in tidyplates/threatplates. Some of them are bigger than the others, so the smaller ones could work. Other than that, i got nothing.

You can maybe change the visual width of the nameplate, but the clickable area is entirely under Blizzard's control, and nobody and nothing can change that, move it, resize it, etc. You might wanna try reporting it through the official forums and see if you could get some traction on it, though?

(Because I would also love that, oh, they could move them down from "way off the top of the screen" on any boss mob vs melee character

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    You can maybe change the visual width of the nameplate, but the clickable area is entirely under Blizzard's control, and nobody and nothing can change that, move it, resize it, etc. You might wanna try reporting it through the official forums and see if you could get some traction on it, though?

(Because I would also love that, oh, they could move them down from "way off the top of the screen" on any boss mob vs melee character
    I guess I could try bug reporting again :P

At some point, things changed for the worse, because I used to be able to click on units by their plate when they were 'shrunk' via addon.. I am not sure how that is possible if there is literally no addon control, I just know I used to shadowburn via mouseover macro just fine with shrunken plates enabled, and now I have to disable it or I can't control what I am actually mouse-over'ing (cause of the fat plates).

I would remember it changing if it had, so I guess that would put it sometime after end-of-2013 / start-of-2014 (when we had cleared all panda content, so I went on hiatus).
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-01-30 at 12:05 AM.