Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by HitpointSC View Post
    How are you guys doing mythic when you have a prot warrior that doesn't use his active mitigation, and doesn't use one of his top two rotation abilities? I'm in awe of your healers.
    I guess we roll external cds very good ? :P
    And overgear the encounters big time.

Add not dying fast enough. Should not be getting to 8 stacks. Tell your DPS to switch to the add. Tank should have some sort of cooldown on him during breath and when add hits like 5 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by tommos View Post
    Add not dying fast enough. Should not be getting to 8 stacks. Tell your DPS to switch to the add. Tank should have some sort of cooldown on him during breath and when add hits like 5 stacks.
    This I know about ofc, I have a good understanding how the fights work.
    But the purpose of this thread is to get more insight and in-depth knowledge from other prot warriors on what our prot warrior can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by HitpointSC View Post
    How are you guys doing mythic when you have a prot warrior that doesn't use his active mitigation, and doesn't use one of his top two rotation abilities? I'm in awe of your healers.
    You haven't seen a thing, I won't link the logs because I don't want to name/shame. But having recently decided to re-form and try to re-build my old guild we've been recruiting and taking a lot of players on our runs. Last week we picked up a Warrior tank who was interested in joining and we took him for HC Imp/Mythic Kargath.

Now the guy clearly knew the tactics for tanking Imp and was pretty happy to get his "Curve" achievement, no wipe issues so we took him to Kargath. When he wasn't able to hold agro on the stands without his mocking banner there started to be some concerns, his gear was only 655 but there shouldn't be no problem. But anyway we killed the boss after a lot of tank deaths and messups.

Checking the logs later I noticed that the guy only used 3 shield blocks, 0 shield barriers and 7 devastates on Mythic Kargath, he'd not cast many more Shield Slams either (tho no shortage of Heroic Strike) and was playing at an average APM of 30 (around half of what the average Prot Warrior would do), to wrap it up he was very fond of his Execute button in the sub 20% phase. After a lot of advice given to him and because people generally liked him we also took him to this weeks heroic clear, and what was amazing on Kor'agh was the 32% of the fight that he spent casting Heroic Throw.

You think you have seen the bad players out there but then you just find something amazing, what is more amazing is how someone can genuinely not do "too" bad with knowing and performing strategy/tactics while at the same time having a class playing skill level and knowledge that could only really belong in LFR.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You haven't seen a thing, I won't link the logs because I don't want to name/shame. But having recently decided to re-form and try to re-build my old guild we've been recruiting and taking a lot of players on our runs. Last week we picked up a Warrior tank who was interested in joining and we took him for HC Imp/Mythic Kargath.

Now the guy clearly knew the tactics for tanking Imp and was pretty happy to get his "Curve" achievement, no wipe issues so we took him to Kargath. When he wasn't able to hold agro on the stands without his mocking banner there started to be some concerns, his gear was only 655 but there shouldn't be no problem. But anyway we killed the boss after a lot of tank deaths and messups.

Checking the logs later I noticed that the guy only used 3 shield blocks, 0 shield barriers and 7 devastates on Mythic Kargath, he'd not cast many more Shield Slams either (tho no shortage of Heroic Strike) and was playing at an average APM of 30 (around half of what the average Prot Warrior would do), to wrap it up he was very fond of his Execute button in the sub 20% phase. After a lot of advice given to him and because people generally liked him we also took him to this weeks heroic clear, and what was amazing on Kor'agh was the 32% of the fight that he spent casting Heroic Throw.

You think you have seen the bad players out there but then you just find something amazing, what is more amazing is how someone can genuinely not do "too" bad with knowing and performing strategy/tactics while at the same time having a class playing skill level and knowledge that could only really belong in LFR.
    Dude, dont scare me! I hope our warrior actually want to improve and take notes of the things I have told him now.
    Should be a big difference if he fixes a few things atleast.

It's so hard to find other players for your guild especially when you are limited to nordic players only on a not that hot server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

This sounds like a guy I know, was he from Mazrigos by any chance? =)

I have some more logs that I would appreciate a few other pair of eyes on.
    I gave him a long list what he should improve at, what is your second view of him now?

Anything that has gotten better? Or are the basic rotation and cd handling still shitty?

Mythic Twin Ogron:
    Kill = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...taken&source=7
    Wipe 1 = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...taken&source=7
    Wipe 2 = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...taken&source=7

Brackenspore Mythic:
    Kill = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...taken&source=7
    Wipe 1 = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...taken&source=7
    Wipe 2 = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...taken&source=7
    Wipe 3 = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...taken&source=7
    Wipe 4 = https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...taken&source=7

Huge improvement, his SBlock uptime is 40% at the Brackenspore kill, he's using SBarrier often enough. He's also using a lot less Heroic Strikes outside Ultimatum which is a good thing. Seems like he's listening to what you have to say to him.

We got a problem of our own with our warrior tank, he tells me it's the typ of play style to not use SBlock that often, and says it's just not necessary. Here's the log for our imp HC kill:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...casts&source=6

I actually approached him nicely, telling him that something seems off with his rotation because he can drop pretty hard sometimes.
    He refuses to listen, got mad at me and I might have to leave the guild now (he's the raid leader)...

I would say that's a pretty big improvement in one week, personally. His revenge usage is still pretty low, however. 30 revenges in a 9 minute fight when he could have used it 60 times before revenge procs(on brackenspore kill).

He also seems to be using Anger Management on Twin Ogron which isn't optimal I don't think. It's good on Brackenspore though imo.

If I were to recommend something to improve on next it would be using revenge more though - it's incredible after it's most recent buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Onbeatable View Post
    Huge improvement, his SBlock uptime is 40% at the Brackenspore kill, he's using SBarrier often enough. He's also using a lot less Heroic Strikes outside Ultimatum which is a good thing. Seems like he's listening to what you have to say to him.

We got a problem of our own with our warrior tank, he tells me it's the typ of play style to not use SBlock that often, and says it's just not necessary. Here's the log for our imp HC kill:

I actually approached him nicely, telling him that something seems off with his rotation because he can drop pretty hard sometimes.
    He refuses to listen, got mad at me and I might have to leave the guild now (he's the raid leader)...
    Considering you're three tanking a fight that other groups two tank says a lot about how good he is at tanking.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...en&options=130

He takes 49% more EHRPS than I do, doing at best 400 dps more on a fight that lasts 2 minutes longer because you have to three tank to make up for a terrible tank.

He's doing you a favor if he makes you leave.

Using Shield Block isn't a playstyle, it's a requirement.

What the fuck? Sounds like you're better off either addressing it with the GM (hoping it's a different person than your RL) or just leaving on your own. The ONLY time there's ever been a question about using block religiously is the very end of MoP, on fights where barrier outshined it due to vengeance. Never, ever in the last 10 years, outside of that, has anyone with an IQ of 65 or higher ever advocated lessened usage of shield block. This person is willfully ignorant and is costing your guild.

I could see putting up with such stupidity if you were in a casual guild that gets you a raid spot with minimal effort, I've done it in the past. But being a raid leader and not even understanding how your own class works is pitiful. I hate him already.