Poll: what do you think?

Thread: 2k = elite?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    look at armory "2208 5v5 arena Rating"
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It was reduced from 2.2k to 2k to incentivize people to get better/work for rating.

I don't think it's actually worked though.

If they wanted that incentive nothing was better than gating gear behind rating...except pvp happened to be far more active as a whole back then.
    Oh it worked.

One of the big problems with getting into PvP during Cata/first seasons of MoP was that there were simply zero rewards from pvp until you were 2200 rated. It created an "all or nothing" mentality, where you get zero rewards 0-2199, and was very uninspiring for most casual pvp-ers. Who cares about higher cap and achievements when everyone is gonna have same gear in 2 months anyway?

The S14/15 system, where you get tangible rewards every 200 rating (vanilla sets at 1800 RBG, elite set at 2000, enchant at 2200, tabards/cloak at 2500 + achievement mounts) is a lot better because people at almost every rating have something tangible to work toward.

EDIT: For instance, I got almost 2300 last season in RBGs, and I'm a pretty casual player. I did this almost fully via oqueue. It was the first time I ever started taking RBGs seriously (paladins were dogshit in arena) and I never would've even tried if the elite sets were on 2200, as I would've it was just way too far out of reach. This might seem weird to you, but striving for these kind of rewards is what a lot of people find fun.
    Last edited by Gigana; 2015-01-29 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what the Kitty above me said.

Still struggling with hpal Gigana or are you on a break now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

I'm on a break pretty much. Just capping weekly points in Ashran & Random BGs and waiting to see if 6.1 will fix it. Thinking about getting CS:GO, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to derail the thread into a personal discussion but that'd be bad. So I won't.

But ok. Let's hope 6.1 does what ev1 wants it to then.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Deleted
    ahahaha, get off your high horse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    also, this ^
    xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    When you make rating in 2v2 with hunter/druid combo, you can do it in notime bcs its easy. When you wanna reapeat it with ele/wwmonk combo you hit the wall, its possible but not so easy and fast as dru/hunt. Thats why 2k rating is relative bcs for some1 its fast and easy and for other1 its slow and hard.
    Im not talking about 2's rating here im talking about 3's specificly

2's and 5's is dog

im not 2.2k in 3's atm, but 2k+ and i got it so easy that its scary (i know it might sound about elitist) but tbh people who doesnt do full time PvP or atleast alot should not be "elite" and atm PvE'ers can get 2k soooo easy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    2k is indeed way too easy to get, it's a shame the tabards are so ugly these days, remember the wotlk tabards? those were beauties..
    idd the WoD tabard is kinda WTF , heard they are making a gladiator tabard which will give you wings so thats nice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I can't but help feel that op rolled hunter druid in 2s and now thinks elite is too easy. Sorry. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways. Restrict all the things to 3s. That'd make it feasible.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have no real opinion on the matter, maybe that it's too easy since well, 2k aint any issue at all for me. No offense intended.
    You are indeed correct i do play Rdruid/hunter in 2's as one of my comps but im not talking about making the 2's rating give the set, make it 3's specific like it was back in the days.

Atm i do not deserve elite gear, later on i will get on this alt aswell, but atm i dont deserve it since i didnt remotely struggle to get 2k rating

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dak1 View Post
    2k rating is currently the equivalent of top x%:
    2s: 2.5%
    3s: 4%
    5s: 4%
    RBGs: 1%

By the end of the season it will probably be closer to around top 5%.

Is that "elite"? I dunno, it's pretty subjective. At the end of the day, whatever has the highest rating req will be worth the most epeen points. I could see arguments for enchant -> set -> tabard or set -> enchant -> tabard, but I don't think it matters much.

Is it bothering you because the set has green "Elite" text on it?
    Its more the achievement of reaching something.
    its like how do i put this, if you won the nobel prize but all the nominated people also got a trophy, because hey it wouldnt be fair if they were left out
    its why i like PvP its competitive.

Its sorta like when blizzard nerfs raids because they are " to hard " aka. they refuse to learn the tacts and would much rather flop their dick on the keyboard and get epic gear.

They get a title which is by no stretch deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Dont know what you mean? i really only got 2.2k in 5's because i finally decided to get my arena master title?

Does it matter? If some one wants it bad enough they will just re-roll huntard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Oh it worked.

One of the big problems with getting into PvP during Cata/first seasons of MoP was that there were simply zero rewards from pvp until you were 2200 rated. It created an "all or nothing" mentality, where you get zero rewards 0-2199, and was very uninspiring for most casual pvp-ers. Who cares about higher cap and achievements when everyone is gonna have same gear in 2 months anyway?

The S14/15 system, where you get tangible rewards every 200 rating (vanilla sets at 1800 RBG, elite set at 2000, enchant at 2200, tabards/cloak at 2500 + achievement mounts) is a lot better because people at almost every rating have something tangible to work toward.

EDIT: For instance, I got almost 2300 last season in RBGs, and I'm a pretty casual player. I did this almost fully via oqueue. It was the first time I ever started taking RBGs seriously (paladins were dogshit in arena) and I never would've even tried if the elite sets were on 2200, as I would've it was just way too far out of reach. This might seem weird to you, but striving for these kind of rewards is what a lot of people find fun.
    You are sorta contradicting your self here. lets take real life as an example, here you look at the big firms etc. making alot of money which can buy alot of cool stuff, but it takes alot of hard work to get there.

So basicly what you're telling the community dont even try just work at mc donalds its much more easy.

and now blizzard (the government i dunno) has catered to this idea, ok people are simply not getting their education because the criteria is to high to get to the top of this harsh cold world

You see how the last 2 lines would NEVER happen in real life, you either want something bad enough that you want to become good enough to get it or you dont.

i dont know if im getting this point across tho it is 1 am and im tiered as shit, but try and read a couple of times im sure it will make sense at some point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Does it matter? If some one wants it bad enough they will just re-roll huntard.
    Show me the "huntards on top 10" oh you cant cause there arent any :O?!

Well tell me how many you find on the top 100 then, 4 hunters you say out of 100 people. yep they are really op better nerf them.

Do your research before you talk maggot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post

idd the WoD tabard is kinda WTF , heard they are making a gladiator tabard which will give you wings so thats nice
    I haven't heard this at all before. Where did you pick up this rumour?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I haven't heard this at all before. Where did you pick up this rumour?
    One of my friends who knows a developer from Blizzard, but as everything specially when its not made yet. its subject to change who know we might get a toy or something hard to tell really.

would make sense why they made so little effort on the tabard tho ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my friends who knows a developer from Blizzard, but as everything specially when its not made yet. its subject to change who know we might get a toy or something hard to tell really.

would make sense why they made so little effort on the tabard tho ;p
    Well it seems like a fun idea. The tabards have been quite lackluster lately as you say.

im not 2.2k in 3's atm, but 2k+ and i got it so easy that its scary
    You play a hunter or a rdruid, both of which are very strong right now. Especially if you play a rdruid, and get teamed up with strong dps-ers, it can feel like gaining rating is super easy. Furthermore, if they had higher MMR than you and you went on a winning streak, you could easily get 200-300 rating in less than a dozen ames. Also, who knows, maybe you're just a really talented player.

I suggest you try a different class, like a paladin, priest, monk, or even a dps shaman. I guarantee you'll feel a lot more challenged.

Anyway, as we have already explained to you, 2000+ in 3s atm is literally less than 5% of the playerbase (in other brackets it's even less). In 3 months when the season ends, it should be around 10%. This means that people with elite gear will literally be considered better than 90% of their bracket. If that's not elite enough for you, I suggest you make a push for rank1 Gladiator.
    You are sorta contradicting your self here. lets take real life as an example, here you look at the big firms etc. making alot of money which can buy alot of cool stuff, but it takes alot of hard work to get there.

So basicly what you're telling the community dont even try just work at mc donalds its much more easy.

and now blizzard (the government i dunno) has catered to this idea, ok people are simply not getting their education because the criteria is to high to get to the top of this harsh cold world

You see how the last 2 lines would NEVER happen in real life, you either want something bad enough that you want to become good enough to get it or you dont.

i dont know if im getting this point across tho it is 1 am and im tiered as shit, but try and read a couple of times im sure it will make sense at some point
    I have no idea how you brought real life into this discussion, or how you inferred from my post that I think people should never try.

I said that giving people reasonably spaced, tangible rewards is what motivates them to keep improving. Carrot on a stick works because it's just out of reach. It is when you give people zero rewards from 0-2199 that they lose all motivation because it just seems impossible to get.

Even real life supports this. The better education you get, the more job options open for you > the better you are at your job, the more people will seek out your services > the more you get paid, the more tangible rewards you can obtain.

In WoW, it's:

1) okay, if I can get 1800 in RBGs I can buy this vanilla pvp set and weapons
    2) okay, got 1800, but if I improve a bit more and gain another 200 rating, I can get the elite set
    3) cool, got elite set, but this elite enchant is so cool, lets improve and make a push for it next
    4) yay we got the elite enchant, holy crap we're in duelist range now, maybe we can make a push for glad

This is how you keep people motivated. Giving them no rewards 0-2199 just means that the average pvp-er who feels like he's hitting a wall at 1700 is just going to be like "no chance I'm ever gonna get another 500 rating, screw this arena game".

Deleted
    You play a hunter or a rdruid, both of which are very strong right now. Especially if you play a rdruid, and get teamed up with strong dps-ers, it can feel like gaining rating is super easy. Furthermore, if they had higher MMR than you and you went on a winning streak, you could easily get 200-300 rating in less than a dozen ames. Also, who knows, maybe you're just a really talented player.

I suggest you try a different class, like a paladin, priest, monk, or even a dps shaman. I guarantee you'll feel a lot more challenged.

Anyway, as we have already explained to you, 2000+ in 3s atm is literally less than 5% of the playerbase (in other brackets it's even less). In 3 months when the season ends, it should be around 10%. This means that people with elite gear will literally be considered better than 90% of their bracket. If that's not elite enough for you, I suggest you make a push for rank1 Gladiator.

I have no idea how you brought real life into this discussion, or how you inferred from my post that I think people should never try.

I said that giving people reasonably spaced, tangible rewards is what motivates them to keep improving. Carrot on a stick works because it's just out of reach. It is when you give people zero rewards from 0-2199 that they lose all motivation because it just seems impossible to get.

Even real life supports this. The better education you get, the more job options open for you > the better you are at your job, the more people will seek out your services > the more you get paid, the more tangible rewards you can obtain.

In WoW, it's:

1) okay, if I can get 1800 in RBGs I can buy this vanilla pvp set and weapons
    2) okay, got 1800, but if I improve a bit more and gain another 200 rating, I can get the elite set
    3) cool, got elite set, but this elite enchant is so cool, lets improve and make a push for it next
    4) yay we got the elite enchant, holy crap we're in duelist range now, maybe we can make a push for glad

This is how you keep people motivated. Giving them no rewards 0-2199 just means that the average pvp-er who feels like he's hitting a wall at 1700 is just going to be like "no chance I'm ever gonna get another 500 rating, screw this arena game".
    Hunters are not strong atm they are decent but by no means op, take a look at the top 100 and you will see a pattern really fast.

I would not mind the list you made if we just move it 200 rating up.

so 2k vanilla set, 2.2k enchant 2.4k elite set and 2.6k tabard

from what you're saying 200 rating is not much of a gap ok but lets start it high.

or make it like back in wotlk where u needed a certain rating to get set pieces that way you're happy and im happy

so you always got a carrot on a stick from 0 - 2.4k rating

10+ Year Old Account
    <3

So many wubs

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it the enchant at 2.4k...means less people get my special snowflake enchant.

I think 2k is really low. Especially when you take into consideration how inflated rating has become compared to seasons in the past. I'm honestly surprised if it were true that only the top 4% of players are above 2k.

I played Windwalker monk up to 2.2k early on in the season and haven't really been motivated to play much other than capping (after the PvE nerfs that gutted the spec even more in PvP). I've tanked my rating in 2v2 and 3v3 all the way down to 2k/2.1k and it honestly surprises me to see the amount of people that play at what was considered a really low level. Sure it's partially due to some broken specs (survival and rdruid for example), but I had never expected to see a backpeddling ret at 2.1k. Not that I have an elitist point of view towards people that "backpeddle" (not doing it doesn't forcefully make you good, blablabla), but it's just rather unheard of to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I like it the enchant at 2.4k...means less people get my special snowflake enchant.
    I agree but I had hoped it wasn't the same look as the mop version...

That being said, geting 2.4 as disc right now is raaather hard. But I'm patient.

Deleted
    I think we should go back to the wotlk system

gear only avaiable trough rating

highest rating you needed to complete your set was 2k (to get the shoulders)

tabards at 2300, elite weapons at 2,2k

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I think we should go back to the wotlk system

gear only avaiable trough rating

highest rating you needed to complete your set was 2k (to get the shoulders)

tabards at 2300, elite weapons at 2,2k

Suuuure, it will be fun for YOU when you have all the gear, but that noobie who's playing 5h/week is going around in blue set, and you're going to stomp his face. So much fun...for you. I bet he wont be having fun.

Best way is to make Conq gear all free, and just give rewards for the rating, so the top-notch players can feel like special snow flakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.