Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Gotcha. I'm pretty neutral about most things but I side with republicans more often. The media has portrayed me as a crazy religious redneck and that's what I don't like. I work hard to improve myself and to be tolerant of most people but ive already been branded by society.
    Stop being a victim. You support a party that wants nothing to do with tackling climate change, the largest challenge humanity has ever faced, and the party you support thinks it is a liberal hoax to support big government.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Stop being a victim. You support a party that wants nothing to do with tackling climate change, the largest challenge humanity has ever faced, and the party you support thinks it is a liberal hoax to support big government.
    I personally don't care about climate change. Its a big deal for you which is cool, but not for me. Im not gonna go into detail about my own politics cause I don't want to start an argument. People have different priorities. 1 member of a party is not representative of every other member. I can claim things your party supports that I disagree with and dislike you because of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't care about climate change. Its a big deal for you which is cool, but not for me. Im not gonna go into detail about my own politics cause I don't want to start an argument. People have different priorities. 1 member of a party is not representative of every other member. I can claim things your party supports that I disagree with and dislike you because of it.
    It's not just one member of a party, you probably "don't care" about climate change because that is how you reconcile your beliefs into voting for republicans.

Tribe mentality. People naturally flock to groups and form competitive relationship with other groups. See - Dems vs Reps, Casuals vs Hardcores, any conspiracy theory, nationalism, religions, all that stuff has basically the same psychological origin - desire to belong to a social group, be accepted.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

It's not just one member of a party, you probably "don't care" about climate change because that is how you reconcile your beliefs into voting for republicans.
    Before I associated with a political party I still didn't care about climate change. I'm not brainwashed by my party. I can argue that you "only care" about climate change cause your party does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Before I associated with a political party I still didn't care about climate change. I'm not brainwashed by my party. I can argue that you "only care" about climate change cause your party does.
    Sure you could argue that, but then you would also be arguing that scientists outside of the US, and nothing to do with democrats openly support reform to help fight climate change, and your argument would go to shit, and you would stop posting in this thread.

In reality, society has basically always been in such a way, sorry to say! We're just better at living with each other even though we disagree politically than most times in the past where it would have ended up with a war.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure you could argue that, but then you would also be arguing that scientists outside of the US, and nothing to do with democrats openly support reform to help fight climate change, and your argument would go to shit, and you would stop posting in this thread.
    This is the kind of militant party support I am referring to in my OP. Thank you for the examples throughout this thread.

People could say "X is the biggest issue facing humanity, and democrats do nothing about it!" and would feel just as strongly as you do about climate change and republicans.
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    This is the kind of militant party support I am referring to in my OP. Thank you for the examples throughout this thread.
    But I don't support any party, and the democrats are barely considered "supporters" of climate change. But yes, you are above the ideological debate in this country.

People could say "X is the biggest issue facing humanity, and democrats do nothing about it!" and would feel just as strongly as you do about climate change and republicans.
    Except it's different when you actually have scientists saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I don't support any party, and the democrats are barely considered "supporters" of climate change. But yes, you are above the ideological debate in this country.
    No, I am not above anything, not trying to excuse myself. I can get caught up in the "Rah rah" sometimes, mostly about local politics though.
    You're a towel.

I am not denying that climate change exists. I have posted nothing about my belief on it. All im saying is it is not a priority in my life. When i wake up in the morning i dont think "holy fuck the earth is being destroyed! i gotta do something about this!" Global warming is a thought that rarely passes through my mind because i have more important things (in my opinion) to deal with in my day to day life.

Exactly. Ive said nothing about what i believe on the subject and he has prejudged me based off of what my party says on the subject.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not denying that climate change exists. I have posted nothing about my belief on it. All im saying is it is not a priority in my life. When i wake up in the morning i dont think "holy fuck the earth is being destroyed! i gotta do something about this!" Global warming is a thought that rarely passes through my mind because i have more important things (in my opinion) to deal with in my day to day life.

Exactly. Ive said nothing about what i believe on the subject and he has prejudged me based off of what my party says on the subject.
    It would be different if Charlie Rangel and Barbara Boxer were saying climate change is a problem, but if you have universities, NOAA, NASA, and scientific academies, groups from around the world clamoring for global action, then it should be a priority in all of our daily lives to do something.

I am judging you because you support a party that wants the US to be in a state of denial and become a mediocre state focusing on closing up a 25 year public debt rather than deal with a crisis that will make the lives of your progeny worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you are a single issue voter/decider of who you support? I have a lot of issues with the democrat party, and barack obama specifically, but I still voted for him twice...because its about the whole of the choice, not one thing really for me.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm not saying a single issue voter/decider is really a bad thing. Just a lot different then me :P
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    So basically you are a single issue voter/decider of who you support? I have a lot of issues with the democrat party, and barack obama specifically, but I still voted for him twice...because its about the whole of the choice, not one thing really for me.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm not saying a single issue voter/decider is really a bad thing. Just a lot different then me :P
    Yea if you consider stopping the largest extinction event in the Earth's history,mass displacement and forced relocation of billions of people in the coming decades, and global eco-system failure a single issue, then sure .

It would be different if Charlie Rangel and Barbara Boxer were saying climate change is a problem, but if you have universities, NOAA, NASA, and scientific academies, groups from around the world clamoring for global action, then it should be a priority in all of our daily lives to do something.

I am judging you because you support a party that wants the US to be in a state of denial and become a mediocre state focusing on closing up a 25 year public debt rather than deal with a crisis that will make the lives of your progeny worse.
    You understand that is your opinion right? The opinion that global warming is the biggest isssue. What if i accept every other single thing republicans do (not saying i do, but for the sake of argument) and this is the one thing i disagree on them with?

Do you see at all where im coming from? Globabl warming might be a big deal to you, and every other person in the world besides me. But its not a big deal to me. Id rather focus on going to work, taking care of my family, fuck it even playing video games. The point is, just because i vote for someone doesnt mean i believe in everything they are saying or support everything they stand for.

This isn't militant party support. It just happens to be the case that one party is trying to go in the exact opposite direction of where we should be going and the other party pays lip service to the idea of maybe doing something about it.

I can't speak for Daelak, but if the Republicans were to come out with a platform supporting action on climate change and Gay marriage, I would probably start voting R. I really don't give a shit about whether I'm labeled R or D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    You understand that is your opinion right? The opinion that global warming is the biggest isssue. What if i accept every other single thing republicans do (not saying i do, but for the sake of argument) and this is the one thing i disagree on them with?

Do you see at all where im coming from? Globabl warming might be a big deal to you, and every other person in the world besides me. But its not a big deal to me. Id rather focus on going to work, taking care of my family, fuck it even playing video games. The point is, just because i vote for someone doesnt mean i believe in everything they are saying or support everything they stand for.
    But it isn't an opinion, it is the biggest challenge we face as a species.

But it isn't an opinion, it is the biggest challenge we face as a species.
    I dont think our conversation is going to go anywhere. You are not being rational.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think our conversation is going to go anywhere. You are not being rational.
    You vote for people to represent you in government that don't stand for the same things you stand for, but when I state that climate change is the biggest challenge we face as a species, I am being irrational? Good luck out there.