Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any good counters to control warriors?

Seems that all I play against these days are Control Warriors and Ramp druids. Ramp druids I can handle but the warriors I typically lose, and even if I win the game usually takes a few lifetimes to complete. Any decent way to counter/speed up a game against a control warrior (apart from FF)?

Midrange paladin is pretty good against control warrior.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Mech mage works also pretty well imo.

If i get a good start on my mech mage it def works well however if round 1-3 don't go well i feel like it's a slow death
    Last edited by solarwhale; 2015-01-29 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    kripp's mill druid shreks control warrior and handlock so easy that you almost let the game play itself.

i would give it a go if you want a real counter.

p.s: they usually concede the moment you play your first naturalize.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

i'll def look into it thank you

Midrangey druid with force/savage wrecks warriors.

Deleted
    Midrange and ramp druid are the best. Midrange shaman and control paladin are also pretty good.

Deleted
    Midrange paladin by far. If there's one deck that constantly beats me as a control warrior is midrange paladin. Things can very easily become uncontrollable if you don't get some godly topdecks for the right situations.

Mech mages depend on their hand and on yours. If they get a perfect starting hand and you don't have the Fiery War Axe you are screwed. Then they follow up with Chugga Chugga and your weapons are completely useless. If you have the Fiery War Axe in your starting hand and they don't have the Chugga then you have a good chance.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-01-30 at 04:08 AM.

Rush and pray. Honestly I don't have much trouble with control as a zoo lock.

Paladins on the other hand... god damn. Almost as hard a counter as hand.

Quote Originally Posted by solarwhale View Post
    i'll def look into it thank you
    Be advised: mill decks are a one-trick pony. Anything other than hand/control war will eat you alive. Maybe some midrange decks. It is dead meat vs. anything rushy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    Midrange and ramp druid are the best. Midrange shaman and control paladin are also pretty good.
    Druid sure, but not Mid Shaman. Control Warriors are my arch-nemesis, they murder my Shaman harder than any other class does.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Druid sure, but not Mid Shaman. Control Warriors are my arch-nemesis, they murder my Shaman harder than any other class does.
    I usually win against control warrior with my shaman though it are long matches that usually go to fatigue. Don't overflood the board with minions until brawl has happened and then a steady stream of taunts in the form of Feral spirits, Taunt totem and Argus. CW only puts 1 big threat on the board each turn which allows you to answer it with BGH/Hex/Flametongue totem + small minions/totems. Just don't waste your good removal on things like Shield maiden. Keep BGH/Hex for Rag, Alex and possibly Grommash. You can shock 1 Acolyte but I prefer to keep the 2nd one for Sylvanas.

In the end, hiding a Vitality totem behind a taunt can secure you the fatigue war.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    kripp's mill druid shreks control warrior and handlock so easy that you almost let the game play itself.

i would give it a go if you want a real counter.

p.s: they usually concede the moment you play your first naturalize.
    it's the funniest thing when the wallet warrior cries his eyes out with emote spam after milling his grom and alex away.
    or after he alexes you and you play naturalize + tree of life

Deleted
    The key as a control warrior is to gain value from most of your cards in order to slowly pressure your opponent (taskmaster, weapons, brawl, legendaries...). And the main problem against shamans is that they have really persistent minions (2 health totems, annoyotrons, creepers, shredders, feral spirits, arguses) and pretty good answer (silences, hexes..).

This is not a total disaster but it may end up with a ~60/40% in favor of the shaman I think.

Hard to beat.

Golden Warrior.
    Just resign if he opens with a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    it's the funniest thing when the wallet warrior cries his eyes out with emote spam after milling his grom and alex away.
    or after he alexes you and you play naturalize + tree of life
    I have a full control warrior deck and I've never bought a pack
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What do you expect?
    It is Blizzard's game.

When someone dual wield Master and Visa, you lose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    What do you expect?
    It is Blizzard's game.

When someone dual wield Master and Visa, you lose.
    You enjoy crying, don't you? Gotta spread the emo over as many threads as possible!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Midrange paladin does well; handlock has a fairly balanced match up; a mech mage that gets chugaa-chugga in opening hand.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    You won't believe me but.. Thieving Priest works wonders vs. Control Warriors. I've made a deck which basically has most of the steal and copy cards a priest has. I win most games vs. a Control Warrior due to fatigue.

Basically a standard game goes like this: Both sides don't play much on the first few turns. A CW usually throws down an Armor Smith or Acolyte of Pain. If not, he/she will use Shield Block just to stack up on armor. I can steal either one of them with my Cabal Priest or Shadow madness a Taskmaster against them. Sometimes I lure out his weapons by playing Northshire Clerics. This will mean I will lose card draw but I don't want that at this stage. Simply because my hand reaches 10 very quickly anyway. Why? Well the CW usually doesn't do anything threatening the first 5 turns. I can easily heal the small pings he/she does anyway. What I usually do is lure out his Executes and Shield Slams. Mid-range taunters like Sludge Belcher excel at this.

Basically his big turn is, usually, Alex followed next turn with Rag or Grom. Both are either copied and SW's or simply MC'd. I once beat a golden warrior with 3 Grom's.. He was pretty pissed off.. (1x Grom from Thought Steal, 1x from Mind Control and 1x from Faceless Manipulator).

Big fun!