Can someone explain me Ashran (as of late January)

Ok, I got past the "how this PvE raid works for PvP", so, here it goes

How did we get to the "horde events only" and "alliance zerg boss" all day long? Is there any gentlemen agreement to do so? Is it the map position? I mean, every server/battlegroup has the same behavior.

Also, as a Horde, how I'm supposed to farm bones? I didn't play Ashran in the beggining so I don't have my sanctum at level 3. Playing one hour of Ashran is very random. Sometimes I make 100 bones in 15 minutes, sometimes I make 10 bones in 1 hour. People don't fight. There is no PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER in this PvP zone. Not to mention 2h+ queue at night time (only time I can play, because I have a job).

Also, why BGs from 90-100 don't drop bones?

I really dislike Ashran, but it's a necessary evil for my sanctum level 3 and also Vol'Jin reputation. I cap my conquest doing arenas and just join Ashran once to get the 200/200 conquest.

Could someone shed me some light? I don't know what else to do. It seems I'm the only one who dislike this zone with all my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by alessandrouw View Post
    How did we get to the "horde events only" and "alliance zerg boss" all day long? Is there any gentlemen agreement to do so?
    Remember Tol Barad win trading? Apparently Blizzard doesn't.

It seems their band-aide fix is to just make the road take longer to do. Which really isn't a fix at all.

I do remember, but I wonder how these things happen. It's like suddenly it's like that - you follow or you die trying. NPCs don't drop bones, so I'm sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will probably fix Ashran in 6.2. They need to just add a lot more to do even if its pve related, and fix the queue system.

Simple: they try to force PvP with little incentive to actually do so, there is very little reason to PvP in Ashran. Remember on Timeless Isle, how there was blood coin farming which wasn't forced onto us?

Yeah, they gave incentive (mount, etc) to do so. Why would they just abandon that idea when it worked well on what was mostly a PvE island..?

This fix won't do anything, either. They are still trying to force the community into PvP. This is not the way to go about it..

When you have to try to FORCE people to do your content, then you know that content is not good.
    Last edited by Syh; 2015-01-29 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    Simple: they try to force PvP with little incentive to actually do so, there is very little reason to PvP in Ashran. Remember on Timeless Isle, how there was blood coin farming which wasn't forced onto us?

Yeah, they gave incentive (mount, etc) to do so. Why would they just abandon that idea when it worked well on what was mostly a PvE island..?

This fix won't do anything, either. They are still trying to force the community into PvP. This is not the way to go about it..

When you have to try to FORCE people to do your content, then you know that content is not good.
    I think the side objectives are fun when pvp happens there. Main road not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think the side objectives are fun when pvp happens there. Main road not so much.
    I mean the PvP can still be fun without incentive, I definitely agree.. I just wish there was more incentive where people actually wanted to go into Ashran to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    I love you

Here's the thing...the zergball vs. zergball was only fun for so long, mainly because aside from Sticky Grenades and NUKULAR painters, there are no abilities to break them up (and even they are pretty much useless). So it just turned into a big battle of attrition, which isn't really fun the first time, what to speak of a few weeks. So after trying the main road for so long, some group of horde just decided to start doing the events instead. Alliance just kept doing what they were doing, and any attempts to do the events were met by horde just obliterating the 15 or so alliance who broke off from the main group to try and do them.

I was able to complete 4 or 5 Nemesis quests before the "avoid each other meta" became standard (and now that people are comfortable with it, this will be very hard to change), now I just do ashran for the daily 350 and bonus box, it isn't as much fun and it is impossible to get Nemesis done there now.
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    Here's the thing...the zergball vs. zergball was only fun for so long, mainly because aside from Sticky Grenades and NUKULAR painters, there are no abilities to break them up (and even they are pretty much useless). So it just turned into a big battle of attrition, which isn't really fun the first time, what to speak of a few weeks. So after trying the main road for so long, some group of horde just decided to start doing the events instead. Alliance just kept doing what they were doing, and any attempts to do the events were met by horde just obliterating the 15 or so alliance who broke off from the main group to try and do them.

I was able to complete 4 or 5 Nemesis quests before the "avoid each other meta" became standard (and now that people are comfortable with it, this will be very hard to change), now I just do ashran for the daily 350 and bonus box, it isn't as much fun and it is impossible to get Nemesis done there now.
    I killed 21 gnomes so far. And I don't play alts, so, this is it. I kill pretty much more gnomes on BGs, but well, Ashran is "THE ONLY" pvp allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by alessandrouw View Post
    I killed 21 gnomes so far. And I don't play alts, so, this is it. I kill pretty much more gnomes on BGs, but well, Ashran is "THE ONLY" pvp allowed.
    Check the custom group finder for nemesis raids on ally dominated pvp servers camping the highmaul entrance, they are usually very organized and while it doesnt magically make players of your race appear, it's still worlds faster than trying in ashran at this point. 2 more to go for me (tauren and *shudder* panda), good luck to you on yours
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!