Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    joking aside, if the expansion was set on argus i wouldnt give a crap if we were all turned into gnomes, i would be fucking extatic
    They would ruin Argus just like they ruined Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I see many of the "developer resources" arguments being based around content that appeals to this person not coming out at a rate that suits them, or that it isn't catering solely to the players with years of experience.

And I agree that "feature complete" is a very generic term, intentionally used to be vague.
    There are such things as placeholders, so that art being a "bottleneck" is a load of rubbish.
    Yeah, I don't see art being a bottleneck for anything. Why would it slow down anything, I can't think of anything that doesn't work with placeholders.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    What does feature complete even mean? One feature is complete? All features are complete? Do zones, quests, dungeons and raids count as features, or only newly introduced features like garrisons? Whenever I think of features I think of new systems and game modes. I don't think of all content as features and if it was, then that would mean the expansion is ready at this point? I doubt it is.
    And I agree that "feature complete" is a very generic term, intentionally used to be vague.
    It's actually a pretty specific term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_complete

A product that's truly feature complete would be very late in the development process. Basically, a feature complete expansion would have all new zones, dungeons, races, and classes implemented, as well as any new game systems. It would also still be unbalanced, buggy, and likely with missing or placeholder artwork and/or text, but all aspects would technically be playable.

How can anyone take this even remotely seriously? There's a reason it was "leaked" to some no-name "Yahoo Finance" blog where the author can't even write a real URL (see http://firstadopter.tumblr.com/about).

Anyone high up enough to know about pre-planned layoffs would never in a million years let that info out in such a manner.

This sounds to me like either a) some random, possibly recently-fired, GM or QA guy who may have heard snippets of conversations while walking around the company but doesn't have a clue as to accuracy or context, or b) some dude completely talking out of his ass. Anyone who takes any stock in that article, please come see me. I've got some can't miss investment opportunities for you to get in on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It's actually a pretty specific term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_complete

A product that's truly feature complete would be very late in the development process. Basically, a feature complete expansion would have all new zones, dungeons, races, and classes implemented, as well as any new game systems. It would also still be unbalanced, buggy, and likely with missing or placeholder artwork and/or text, but all aspects would technically be playable.
    Oh ok, didn't know that was an actual term, though, now I think I heard it before. But now that I know what it means, I doubt it even more.

Unleeeeess...

The next expansion delivers even less content. Like 3 zones and 4 dungeons or something like that. Then, I could even see that.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Will the animals in this new expac use the dire horn skeleton and vibrate their way across town?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I could believe that though. I think the stunning release of WoD probably reinvigorated the game and WoW team with new life and hope. No one expected 10m again.
    Yeah that really came out of no where.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat
    I could believe that though. I think the stunning release of WoD probably reinvigorated the game and WoW team with new life and hope. No one expected 10m again.
    Probably not at 10 million anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Yearly expansions would indicate that yes, they're hoping for a Q4 release (this year!) of the next expansion. I'm sure they have an emergency out though. A raid that could either go in WoD or the next expansion.

I know it's fair to be skeptical of this happening, but working on two expansions full on, would better explain all the delays and lack of content. Better than their "had to get the new team up to speed" excuse.
    Working on two expansions isn't that weird. Developing an expansion from start to finish probably takes 3-4 years. So yeah you'd be working on two expansions simultaneously if you want to spew out a new expansion every two years or faster.... I bet in a way they're also doing preliminary work on the 2 expansions after that already....

7+ Year Old Account
    interesting

Deleted
    Stop being so skeptical everyone, let's go with it and get #hyped. Who can't wait for playable murlocs?