10+ Year Old Account

Free weekend in FF14 for returning players

Hey everyone!

Just noticed that it will be a free weekend from tomorrow for RETURNING players. So i was thinking i was gonna predownload the game tonight so im ready to start playing tomorrow

But it seems that you cant download the game until you have an active account for the game.... Is this really true or is there maybe some other way to download the client so im ready tomorrow?

Damn I wanted to give this game a try again but will be out of town this weekend. I used to be on Faeire -NA anyone around here on that server and is it still active?

I think it's dumb that you need an active account to download or patch anything. My time ran out months ago and I found out about this and figured I could patch what I needed to early and get to log in, but I had to have an active subscription. I'm patching now that it's the free weekend and I haven't resubbed. If you haven't already tried to download it, I would try now.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinations View Post
    I think it's dumb that you need an active account to download or patch anything. My time ran out months ago and I found out about this and figured I could patch what I needed to early and get to log in, but I had to have an active subscription. I'm patching now that it's the free weekend and I haven't resubbed. If you haven't already tried to download it, I would try now.
    so, i got to reactivate to take advantage of this? i just wanna try Ninja, I'm so far behind in the gear/leveling, that I can't see myself committing to a full return

No. The short version: if you've already bought the game in the past you can get in on the free weekend. New players can't.

What Divinations is referring to is the fact that you can't update the game files unless you have an active account. So the download/update process cuts into your play time. It's the same as when you first purchase the game.

Free login weekend link thingie

If only I could ever roll a char on Hyperion. Have a friend that plays there but it's always locked to new characters : (

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If only I could ever roll a char on Hyperion. Have a friend that plays there but it's always locked to new characters : (
    Try between 3AM and 8AM. I had a friend there too. All I did was get up 30 minutes early one day and was able to create before heading to work.