Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lol yeah cause civilians are out there in full body armor fighting the criminals... this guy
    Actually, there are people who do this. They're idiots, but they do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-li...#United_States

http://people.howstuffworks.com/10-r...ers.htm#page=0

For example.

lol yeah cause civilians are out there in full body armor fighting the criminals... this guy
    Please quote where someone said civilians were "fighting criminals". All the discussion has been advocating self defense.

Ban makes perfect sense since allowing citizens easy access to military grade body armor will be a disaster for law enforcement safety

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Actually, there are people who do this. They're idiots, but they do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-li...#United_States

http://people.howstuffworks.com/10-r...ers.htm#page=0

For example.
    Haha didn't know Kick Ass was loosly based on real events.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Maybe if protection is really what people are after the constitution should give people the right to body armor, instead of to guns... Dunno, just an idea, you know.

I haven't seen cases of body armor accidently killing people yet, such as kids playing cops and robbers, or cops panicking at the sight of a body armor being kept in a car...
    I haven't read the article, but I assume the reason for them banning it is because people who are taking a part of shootings are using the body armor, which makes them more difficult to deal with. That being said, making something like that illegal isn't really going to help -- someone who is dead-set on getting it is still going to be able to get it, legal or not.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    There is zero reason to limit personal protection. This includes firearms, ammo, and armor.
    All this will do is give a bigger advantage to criminals.

You dont need access to military grade body armor ever. it is MILITARY grade for a reason. the more guns and shit like these body armors we can get out of the hands of people the more safe our world will become.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Ban makes perfect sense since allowing citizens easy access to military grade body armor will be a disaster for law enforcement safety
    How would a law abiding citizen cause a disaster for law enforcement?

- - - Updated - - -

You dont need access to military grade body armor ever. it is MILITARY grade for a reason. the more guns and shit like these body armors we can get out of the hands of people the more safe our world will become.
    Why shouldn't I be able to defend myself from criminals with rifles?

the more guns and shit like these body armors we can get out of the hands of people the more safe our world will become.
    Do you have evidence for this claim? A good starting point would be showing a strong positive correlation between bans on specific types of weapons or armor and lower crime rates (and no, you can't cherrypick one or two countries, you need a dataset).

Please quote where someone said civilians were "fighting criminals". All the discussion has been advocating self defense.
    then you dont understand this armor - you dont walk around in it. you use to kill people and take a lickin. you thinking of a simple vest or something

Chicago has a very strict gun policy...how's their crime rate?

- - - Updated - - -

then you dont understand this armor - you dont walk around in it. you use to kill people and take a lickin. you thinking of a simple vest or something
    Name one instance of a death from body armor. Maybe a heat stroke?

Chicago has a very strict gun policy...how's their crime rate?
    For argument's sake, you realize that by driving a bit you can just circumvent these. That kinda defeats the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Do you have evidence for this claim? A good starting point would be showing a strong positive correlation between bans on specific types of weapons or armor and lower crime rates (and no, you can't cherrypick one or two countries, you need a dataset).
    Do you have evidence showing that guns and/or armor actually keep people safe in their homes? A good starting point would be showing a strong positive correlation between ownership of specific weapons or armor and lower crime rates (and no, you can't cherrypick one or two countries, you need a dataset).

I don't particularly agree or disagree with either side of the argument... I just think circular arguments are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Which would be a thought crime that would be unconstitutional and damned hard to prove either way. Which is another reason why this idiotic bill proposed by idiots should be rejected and put in the toilet where it belongs.
    Its not something I would want to risk. I have read ATF horror stories and have been questioned by them before, its not a good experience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    A Crocodile would make for some pretty sweet home defense.
    I have been telling my spouse this for literally years, but so far no dice.

*grumble*

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Guns kill people, body armour does not. One should be banned, the other not.
    How can you ban guns, they exist in sheer numbers? Who do you think the first two groups of people are to get guns even if banned? Criminals and Patriots. One cannot simply un-invent, and one will not infringe on the civil liberties of earthlings without a consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasterix View Post
    Do you have evidence showing that guns and/or armor actually keep people safe in their homes? A good starting point would be showing a strong positive correlation between ownership of specific weapons or armor and lower crime rates (and no, you can't cherrypick one or two countries, you need a dataset).
    I'm not the one making a claim of any kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasterix View Post
    I don't particularly agree or disagree with either side of the argument... I just think circular arguments are hilarious.
    The important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    How can you ban guns, they exist in sheer numbers? Who do you think the first two groups of people are to get guns even if banned? Criminals and Patriots. One cannot simply un-invent, and one will not infringe on the civil liberties of earthlings without a consequence.
    It's the same thing as trying to ban anything else. Criminals will continue to get whatever they want regardless of what the law says. By banning personal protection such as body armor and firearms, all you are doing to empowering criminals.

No doubt the usual MMO-Champion suspects have found their own ways of justifying this ban. Just a pity we do not yet have a term to describe the irrational fear/phobia of self-defence; though I suppose masochism will suffice, for now.