Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Should I be playing the original before X comes out?
    Despite them not really being related, I would still recommend playing Xenoblade Chronicles just because it's a good game. However, hope you either got a new 3ds or are willing to shill out some cash for the wii version if you do decide to play it.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=1...76&postcount=1

The three paid DLC characters will be free in the NA version and Lin, the 13 year old mechanic with the skimpy base outfit, will be aged up to 15.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not buying due to well...never did buy/play games that are censored in any way when localized(not like any 13 year old girls don't dress as skimpy these days....OH WAIT)

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Despite them not really being related, I would still recommend playing Xenoblade Chronicles just because it's a good game. However, hope you either got a new 3ds or are willing to shill out some cash for the wii version if you do decide to play it.
    I just couldn't get into Xenoblade on the Wii. I did sell my copy of almost a grand. X I am genuinely excited for. I think outside of the early DQ/FF type JRPGs, unless it's a sci-fi setting I just can't get into them anymore.

Reviews are out. Here's a list of all of them from another site cause I'm lazy.

http://opencritic.com/#!game/1565/xe...e-chronicles-x

From what I've garnered from the reviews:

The plot builds up expectations and then fails to capitalize on them. Cast is unimaginably stereotypical and the player character is utterly irrelevant to the story, only serving as a POV character.

The game does not adequately explain fundamental game systems, so you have to figure it out yourself.

It takes about thirty hours of gameplay to obtain a mecha (Skell), but once you do the rest of the game is pretty much ROFLstomp mode whenever you have access to it.

Inconsistent outfits ranging from basic shirts to detailed armors to over-the-top tacky suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post

The plot builds up expectations and then fails to capitalize on them. Cast is unimaginably stereotypical and the player character is utterly irrelevant to the story, only serving as a POV character.

The game does not adequately explain fundamental game systems, so you have to figure it out yourself.

It takes about thirty hours of gameplay to obtain a mecha (Skell), but once you do the rest of the game is pretty much ROFLstomp mode whenever you have access to it.

Inconsistent outfits ranging from basic shirts to detailed armors to over-the-top tacky suits.
    You basically just copy pasted the gamespot review and acted like it was the consensus?

Basically you like the gamespot guy don't like exploration and want your hand held. The hilarious part is that in spite of him basically trashing the game the entire review he gives it an 8. ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You basically just copy pasted the gamespot review and acted like it was the consensus?

Basically you like the gamespot guy don't like exploration and want your hand held. The hilarious part is that in spite of him basically trashing the game the entire review he gives it an 8. ROFL.
    I read through the top 5 reviews, and scanned through two more. Each and every one of them mentioned my four points.

Since when did I ever say anything about not wanting exploration or wanting a hand held? It's almost as if you imagined I had said something when, in truth, I had not.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

You forgot to mention that practically every review agrees the world and music are amazing.

I read through the top 5 reviews, and scanned through two more. Each and every one of them mentioned my four points.

Since when did I ever say anything about not wanting exploration or wanting a hand held? It's almost as if you imagined I had said something when, in truth, I had not.
    I have also read about 10 reviews on the game, and the only one your description matches hand in hand is the gamespot one.

You literally used every single point gamespot made about the game negatively and called it a consensus. Other reviews may have made some of the same points, but none mention all of them like the gamespot one does.

The consensus is the game is mid 80s review wise, aka it's pretty good. Not amazing, but good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    You forgot to mention that practically every review agrees the world and music are amazing.
    I'm more interested in knowing which expectations to walk in without as opposed to with. The graphics and music being amazing is indeed a key selling point though!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Actually according to gamespot the music blows and the guy had to mute the game. Seriously have no idea how he gave the game an 8 when the only positive thing he said the entire review was the world was nice.

Story was shit to him, combat was shit, music was shit. Game is shit, but 8/10!

I have also read about 10 reviews on the game, and the only one your description matches hand in hand is the gamespot one.

You literally used every single point gamespot made about the game negatively and called it a consensus. Other reviews may have made some of the same points, but none mention all of them like the gamespot one does.

The consensus is the game is mid 80s review wise, aka it's pretty good. Not amazing, but good.
    I like how you claim I said something was a 'consensus', when a CRTL + F for said word only brings up your posts... again, your imagining I had said something when I had not.

Gamespot being one of the many reviews having a convenient, clear, and concise summation of major points is a problem somehow?

In case you were wondering, I was not bashing the game. As said earlier, I was interested in setting up the right expectations before jumping in. Mislead disappointment is the killer of potentially great games, and that is what I sought to avoid.

- - - Updated - - -

Story was shit to him, combat was shit, music was shit. Game is shit, but 8/10!
    I'd say you didn't read the entire review beginning to end.

I'd say you didn't read the entire review beginning to end.
    Actually I did. The only thing he praised was the skells and exploring the world. Everything else he had issue with.

Shocking it seems like you didn't read it, when you basically copy pasted it a few posts ago.

Has anyone read if there's an option in 'X' to reduce how many times the PCs call out during battle? Nothing like hearing "We can definitely do this!" every twenty seconds.

Deleted
    I'll buy it and I'll love it.

Digital Foundry's Tech Analysis

DF rehashing what we already knew from Japanese release. City looks like shit, rest of world looks good, game barely ever drops frames.

7+ Year Old Account
    So would you guys consider this a system seller?

Quote Originally Posted by valyrian the moofia boss View Post
    has anyone read if there's an option in 'x' to reduce how many times the pcs call out during battle? Nothing like hearing "we can definitely do this!" every twenty seconds.
    it's reyn time!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    So would you guys consider this a system seller?
    If you liked the first Xenoblade, then potentially. This is basically a Wii U Japanese-Pseudo-Skyrim. Smash, Splatoon, and Mario Maker are all pretty solid 'system sellers' (and many of the above come bundled with the system) but I think the target audience here is significantly more narrow. (it also isn't getting it's own bundle, like smash, splatoon or mario maker).