Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    It's for the CE right? I think that USB drive or w/e it came with does this. I got the normal edition as it is, but yeah I'd be pretty fucking annoyed if it did this as I have multiple network drives running from a NAS and a server.
    Yep, seems like it.

Honestly, go and pirate the OST instead of being fucked with this shit.
    You are getting fucked by Nintendo for getting the music legally, while this literally doesn't stop piracy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yep, seems like it.

Honestly, go and pirate the OST instead of being fucked with this shit.
    You are getting fucked by Nintendo for getting the music legally, while this literally doesn't stop piracy at all.
    The collectors edition was a rip off at $90 anyways. $30 for a 800MB USB drive and an art book? GTFO.

Soundtrack is already up on youtube, the FULL soundtrack not just the bs 10 tracks on the usb drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The collectors edition was a rip off at $90 anyways. $30 for a 800MB USB drive and an art book? GTFO.

Soundtrack is already up on youtube, the FULL soundtrack not just the bs 10 tracks on the usb drive.
    This^

The CE was full on retarded garbage for an extra $30.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm a sucker for Art books and boxart, but ya the 800MB 10track USB drive is bullshit. If it weren't for GCU, I wouldn't have got the Special edition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I'm a sucker for Art books and boxart, but ya the 800MB 10track USB drive is bullshit. If it weren't for GCU, I wouldn't have got the Special edition.
    The limited edition in Europe is pretty good: steelbook, artbook, posters for the same price as the normal version (59€).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    The limited edition in Europe is pretty good: steelbook, artbook, posters for the same price as the normal version (59€).
    Meh NA usually gets shafted on limited editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Meh NA usually gets shafted on limited editions.
    NA usually gets shafted by NoA period on almost everything.

Man, this is turning out to be the most disappointing game for me in the last few years. The story is really mediocre, the voice acting sounds like they picked people off the street, and the questing quality brings me back to the vanilla WoW days. Xenoblade Wii is a classic for me, and I have no idea why they put the story on the side for this grindfest. I know that affinity missions are supposed to flesh the stories out, but even those quests were boring fetch/grind with a cutscene.

I'm pretty jealous of the people who can jump into this game and just plant probes and grind quests without any frustration. All I got out of this experience was disappointment. The world is beautiful though, just feels hollow with the content they put inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    Man, this is turning out to be the most disappointing game for me in the last few years. The story is really mediocre, the voice acting sounds like they picked people off the street, and the questing quality brings me back to the vanilla WoW days. Xenoblade Wii is a classic for me, and I have no idea why they put the story on the side for this grindfest. I know that affinity missions are supposed to flesh the stories out, but even those quests were boring fetch/grind with a cutscene.

I'm pretty jealous of the people who can jump into this game and just plant probes and grind quests without any frustration. All I got out of this experience was disappointment. The world is beautiful though, just feels hollow with the content they put inside it.
    Have 42 hours in the game and have done very few of the "grindy quests" aka the basic missions. The affinity missions are all legit story content. The normal quests all have short stories attached to them with most of them being entertaining.

Game certainly isn't more grindy then Xenoblade Chronicles, hell I actually DID have to grind at multiple points in XC to beat bosses. I have not encountered anything to force me to grind yet in the game and I'm post chapter 8 with almost 0 basic quests completed.

The only complaint I have about the game is putting gathering parts into affinity/normal missions with no idea where to gather materials. Made a guide required which isn't a big deal but games should not require it. It could literally take you 100s of hours running around like a jackass to find some things if you don't look up where they are, needle in a haystack type shit.

Overall no complaints with the story at all.

Well good news for you, providing NoA doesn't decide to fuck over NA fans by refusing to localize it because of the negative feedback regarding the localization and/or the generally less than impressive sales of the game in North America, the next Xenoblade (dunno if it'll be called that or not, but the next in that style of game from Monolith Soft) will supposedly be more story focused like Xenoblade Chronicles according to the lead dev. In an interview he noticed the negative reception to the lack of story and that made him decide to make the next game more story focused like Xenoblade Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Well good news for you, providing NoA doesn't decide to fuck over NA fans by refusing to localize it because of the negative feedback regarding the localization and/or the generally less than impressive sales of the game in North America, the next Xenoblade (dunno if it'll be called that or not, but the next in that style of game from Monolith Soft) will supposedly be more story focused like Xenoblade Chronicles according to the lead dev. In an interview he noticed the negative reception to the lack of story and that made him decide to make the next game more story focused like Xenoblade Chronicles.
    I'm not sure why he thought it was good to stray away from XBC's strength and make this open world game. I won't be following the coverage and just hope the team creates a better game.

I finally finished the story to this one and it was a piece of turd. I was hoping the skell and its combat/flying would save this game, but fighting is actually more fun when you're on the ground. The zones were pretty to go into and explore, but I've probed them out and I've burned out on grinding monsters. The affinity missions are nothing special, just go kill/loot in this place and watch cutscenes. Some even have affinity requirements to start which is pretty stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably agree..

I'm not sure why he thought it was good to stray away from XBC's strength and make this open world game. I won't be following the coverage and just hope the team creates a better game.

I finally finished the story to this one and it was a piece of turd. I was hoping the skell and its combat/flying would save this game, but fighting is actually more fun when you're on the ground. The zones were pretty to go into and explore, but I've probed them out and I've burned out on grinding monsters. The affinity missions are nothing special, just go kill/loot in this place and watch cutscenes. Some even have affinity requirements to start which is pretty stupid.
    I dunno. I am only at chapter 10 And I think the story is great. I have done every affinity quest that I currently can, and the normal missions, I feel there is a rich story in claiming the Mira and making it our home and all the worries, concerns, and day to day struggles of the people of NLA. Part of our job as a member of Blade is to find others, secure our place on Mira and make it the best home we can. If you take in the whole scope of the game it provides a very epic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I dunno. I am only at chapter 10 And I think the story is great. I have done every affinity quest that I currently can, and the normal missions, I feel there is a rich story in claiming the Mira and making it our home and all the worries, concerns, and day to day struggles of the people of NLA. Part of our job as a member of Blade is to find others, secure our place on Mira and make it the best home we can. If you take in the whole scope of the game it provides a very epic experience.
    The story is good. I think the above poster is just caught in the trap because the story is much bigger then your party and you're not some God like figure saving the world from doom that the story is shit.

In fact it's a breath of fresh air in JRPGs to not have your party being the sole focus of the story and single handedly saving the universe.

Story is subjective, but I don't think it was well paced or written.

By Chapter 5, you're given the reveal that everybody is a robot and they have to claim their human forms on the lifehold before the timer expires. The following chapters clumsily introduces a few more villains without much backstory, and forces Lao as a villain because of his motives. The same motives we learned when we were introduced to him. The story after Chapter 10 gets even messier, and I won't spoil it but the conclusion was not satisfying to me. It was sequel bait for a game that may not receive it.

Well, I think the reason it was more open-world exploring is because that's what a lot of western RPGs have been trying to do for the last few years and I think they wanted to emulate that a bit. I remember reading that the lead dev apparently is a bit of a westaboo when it comes to RPGs, unfortunately this game apparently suffered according to a lot of people due to its lack of focus on a story and a bigger focus on exploration. I'm hoping the third one reaches a good middle ground on open-world exploration and more story-focused progression through said world.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The story is good. I think the above poster is just caught in the trap because the story is much bigger then your party and you're not some God like figure saving the world from doom that the story is shit.

In fact it's a breath of fresh air in JRPGs to not have your party being the sole focus of the story and single handedly saving the universe.
    ending spoilers:
    Well, no, you don't save the universe, but you still save every human (consciousness, anyway) on Mira, so the scope isn't *that* small. That, and the main story character (not the avatar, Elma) turns out to be the one who even made it possible for humanity to escape Earth.

Anyway, I thought the main story was good enough, it's just that there's less of it than in previous Xeno games. Keep in mind affinity and normal missions are also story, though, which all do universe-building (you don't see a single Definian in the main story chapters, for example).

Decided to blow through the last few chapters since I was starting to lose focus on the game (it happens after 100+ hours, Fallout 4 didn't even last that long), so I'm on about 60% total completion. Looking forward to the next game, since I'm almost absolutely sure the game managed to meet sales expectations and the developers clearly planned a sequel.

Any word on a direct sequel? They can't just go Aldnoah and leave us with on a cliffhanger!