Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    What buildings are you using? On my main, I use the trading post exclusively and have never had issues with garrison resources. I keep the bunker going 24/7 and use garrison resources to purchase 2 out of 3 seals for the week. I accumulate enough resources through the week that I usually am sitting about 4-5k by the weekly reset.

On my old main, I don't have the trading post nor the lumber mill and I have a more difficult time with resources just due to my newly acquired scavengers not meeting the mission traits for enough of my resource missions. I just hit cap on 2 of my alts and blew through resources at their trading posts to fully level cooking and first aid on both of them. I have one alt that will be capped today and doesn't have a trading post or the lumber mill, so I will be borrowing one from a guild member so I can reduce his numbers.
    Currently I do not have Lumber Mill at any level. I have level 3 Salvage yard, Level 3 Tannery, Level 1 Storehouse, Level 2 Trading Post, and Level 2 Dwarven Bunker. I'm guessing I should get Lumber Mill and upgrade Dwarven Bunker and the Trading Post to level 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Ownage View Post
    1000 garrison resources for only 5 Rush Orders is way too much, but that is cost on the most recent PTR build. If it stays this high then we will only be able to take advantage of a handful every few months. Also, saving up for that handful would deny us the opportunity to use any surplus of resources for the trading post. I really think that Blizzard should either bring the cost of Rush Orders back down to 300 garrison resources, or 500 at max.
    I am at 10,000 resources cap for a month now and I never drop below 9700 spamming all missions. I could care less how much it costs. I would use it because i have nothing else to do with my resources.

(I have no lumber mill)

Quote Originally Posted by Reufio View Post
    Currently I do not have Lumber Mill at any level. I have level 3 Salvage yard, Level 3 Tannery, Level 1 Storehouse, Level 2 Trading Post, and Level 2 Dwarven Bunker. I'm guessing I should get Lumber Mill and upgrade Dwarven Bunker and the Trading Post to level 3?
    I've never had the lumber mill just due to the stupid mechanic of having to go out and mark trees to be cut down. On my main, I farmed every rare and every treasure and was able to upgrade every building to level 3 just on those proceeds alone. I've also switched out buildings a couple of times (had a level 3 stable for the mounts and switched it to the barracks when I had collected all 8). Other than allowing you to place more orders, upgrading the TP to level 3 won't generate any additional resources, but you have to keep it going all the time to see real results. If you're short on garrison resources, I would say pick up the Inn, get it to level 2 and start recruiting scavengers before 6.1 drops.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it takes months to max out your garrison resources, and they are not easily replenished once they are all gone.
    Sorry, that's a load of bull. I'm maxed out on 4 characters and have to daily use the trading post to stop me over-capping.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkmalice View Post
    I am at 10,000 resources cap for a month now and I never drop below 9700 spamming all missions. I could care less how much it costs. I would use it because i have nothing else to do with my resources.

(I have no lumber mill)
    Get trading post, spent 10k in few clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    Sorry, that's a load of bull. I'm maxed out on 4 characters and have to daily use the trading post to stop me over-capping.
    You make 10k+ GR in a day? Not bad

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post

You make 10k+ GR in a day? Not bad
    10k may be overexageration but i had lucky days when i was hiting 3k resources/day thx to multiple 650 and higher/day

the trick is to buy mats when they are cheap on 20 resource and not when ur runign out of them and they suddenly are on 50 mark.

Something people seem to be neglecting is the fact that you can get progress towards the Collect X part of the legendary questline from work orders. Having an instant-complete device on a thing that produces elemental runes is potentially a big deal. If I ever ended a raid week at 890 / 900 you bet your ass I would rush a bunch of work orders to top that out immediately.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Something people seem to be neglecting is the fact that you can get progress towards the Collect X part of the legendary questline from work orders. Having an instant-complete device on a thing that produces elemental runes is potentially a big deal. If I ever ended a raid week at 890 / 900 you bet your ass I would rush a bunch of work orders to top that out immediately.
    Yeah this might be the main reason they're going with 1000. Granted the amount of elemental runes I'm getting is a drop in the bucket out of 900, but it's still something.

Honestly, I just realised... I don't have a need for these rush orders. I am self sufficient, my gold is rising from raids alone. I wouldn't know what to do with extra resources, I am selling raw ore already at the AH...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    1000 is perfectly fine, you shouldn´t be able to rush every work order, this should be for "emergencies" only. 300 would be ridiculous.
    no its not seeing that with the same patch scavangers get nerved into uselessness....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no its not seeing that with the same patch scavangers get nerved into uselessness....
    yes it would. scavenger has nothing to do with ressource to gold ratio

1000 for a work order rush? Hahahaha.... garbage. Next?

You like your hyperbole, don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think that Blizzard should either bring the cost of Rush Orders back down to 300 garrison resources, or 500 at max.
    Yeah no thanks, we already have more than enough GR generators (to the point where Blizzard is nerfing the scavenge bonus down to 100% from 200%). Add in the fact that timber now stacks much higher than 250 (and will generate 30GR per work order in 6.1 before the follower bonus) and there's no reason to lower rush order cost.

The market for things like savage blood has already begun to tank and will continue to do so with Rush Orders so it becomes less of a money maker. Raw mats are typically already very cheap now. I'd invest in other markets.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

They did not nerf scavengers. They decreased the need to have them. The max level GR missions will still yield the same amount of GR they would have before (if I remember correctly it's like a 20 resource difference on some of them.)

The only thing I believe they didn't change was the base amount of resources that low level GR missions give you (which may have changed, I don't closely follow all the changes) which I think is a mistake, but scavengers are in no way nerfed into uselessness.

Edit: I also think it's worth noting that 1k for 5 rush work orders might seem like a lot, but that's 20 hours worth of work orders completed all at once. 1k seems like a fair deal to me considering I don't believe these are meant to be bought and spam used, obviously.
    Last edited by Finick; 2015-02-03 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    You expect 10 runes out of 50 work orders max (that is assuming you are capped)? I could see it being "viable" if you miss 1-3 but expecting 10 seems ambitious to me.