Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Butcher mythic: how much dps gain to enchant mastery?

Hey... we're doing butcher myhic, had few wipes at 2% with less than 2mil hp left. I was wondering... say i enchant rings/neck/back from critical, which is what i got now, to mastery... id gain about 275 mastery. How much dps increase is that? Got 2 days left to kill it before BRF, and I think in BRF is better to enchant crit, so I'm wondering if it's worth or not for just 2 days of tries... thank you!

Deleted
    It's not like it's expensive anyways to reenchant, and you probably have a guildbank aswell that can supply mats?

If I was in your position, I wouldn't reenchant.

But if you're serious about finding out, get simcraft and run your numbers.

I'll run the sims for you if you link your armory but honestly 275 Mastery vs. whatever you've enchanted currently is going to be a change of maybe 500 DPS at max, not nearly enough to change a wipe on Butcher into a kill.

You will see a much bigger difference from a few lucky crit streaks, and muuuuuch more from making 2-3 rotational mistakes during the fight.

As for your 2% wipe example, it won't be enough to change that into a kill. Not even close.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'll run the sims for you if you link your armory but honestly 275 Mastery vs. whatever you've enchanted currently is going to be a change of maybe 500 DPS at max, not nearly enough to change a wipe on Butcher into a kill.
    Doesn't work that way. The quicker you get to execute, the more damage all the execute classes do. The longer the execute phase takes, the higher damage the execute classes do. That and augments might get you a kill. If you wanna go for ranks, you should take this also into account. Ideally, you want people to fail/die during execute without it causing a wipe and without you being part of the dying players.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Ideally, you want people to fail/die during execute without it causing a wipe and without you being part of the dying players.
    Not being the only one hoping that people die every time they screw with my execute feels good. (I'm looking at you damn monk ToK and warlock chaos bolts).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Not being the only one hoping that people die every time they screw with my execute feels good. (I'm looking at you damn monk ToK and warlock chaos bolts).
    Not sure why any warlock would play destruction on Butcher. Apart from the massive brain damage excessive play of this mindless spec can cause, you can abuse the adds so hard as affliction that you should be able to end above the SP. And you shouldn't use Chaos Bolt <= 20% either; its Shadowburn.

Touch of Death tho... don't get me started.

As for the not re-enchanting crew here. Its funny people say this. Lets just ignore the quicker to execute phase argument.

500 DPS is approx 1,6% of 31k which from what I remember is the DPS requirement. On some fights, you will do good, and on other fights you will do bad. Butcher is one of those fights where you can do good (others will carry you on Tectus). So you should do everything you can do squeeze out every single bit of DPS on a tight DPS check like Butcher progression. If everyone would say no to 1,6% free DPS you never down bosses. What this tells us is that you rather slack and not kill a boss than shell out the ~10k gold for enchanting your gear properly. Well, I'm glad we are not raiding together I'd be properly pissed off if I figured out we didn't kill a boss because of this attitude.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2015-01-30 at 12:07 PM.

All the stats are so equal that its really not worth re-enchanting and if you did you'd only probably gain a couple hundred dps, i'd probably look at other people if your own dps is ok.

Deleted
    Not sure on the way that you're doing it, my guild was wiping/hitting enrage at 2-4% at first but we managed to get a kill on the first night progression on the butcher.

we decided to split up right at the end on enrage just before he beounding cleaved so get the maximum amount of damage on on him after, we had 2! 0.1/0.5% wipes one was even at 200k hp lol

here's our kill, we made no changes mid raid and it was our last attempt. also would help if you could post a log or something? i wouldn't say swapping from crit to mastery is a massive gain tho, the damage you get out sub 20% is insane.

good luck getting the kill, it's a good fight!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephraia View Post
    Not sure on the way that you're doing it, my guild was wiping/hitting enrage at 2-4% at first but we managed to get a kill on the first night progression on the butcher.

we decided to split up right at the end on enrage just before he beounding cleaved so get the maximum amount of damage on on him after, we had 2! 0.1/0.5% wipes one was even at 200k hp lol

here's our kill, we made no changes mid raid and it was our last attempt. also would help if you could post a log or something? i wouldn't say swapping from crit to mastery is a massive gain tho, the damage you get out sub 20% is insane.

good luck getting the kill, it's a good fight!
    500 DPS is a total of 120k damage on 4 minute (enrage can go on a bit longer, and see the execute paradox I mentioned above). Those 0,5 and 1% wipes would've been kills if all had augment runes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't crit be better than mastery when the auspicious spirits buff comes out in 6.1, ie not Blackrock Foundry?

What this tells us is that you rather slack and not kill a boss than shell out the ~10k gold for enchanting your gear properly. Well, I'm glad we are not raiding together I'd be properly pissed off if I figured out we didn't kill a boss because of this attitude.
    Yeah, a <0.1% DPS increase would've 100% led to a kill. The fact that half his raid probably died within 13 seconds of the enrage had nothing to do with it. I can't believe his guild even lets him raid with those enchants.

500 DPS is a total of 120k damage on 4 minute (enrage can go on a bit longer, and see the execute paradox I mentioned above). Those 0,5 and 1% wipes would've been kills if all had augment runes.
    Tbh if they don't have at least a bag of augment runes, and a bank tab full of saronite bombs, idk what they're doing trying mythics. o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Hey... we're doing butcher myhic, had few wipes at 2% with less than 2mil hp left. I was wondering... say i enchant rings/neck/back from critical, which is what i got now, to mastery... id gain about 275 mastery. How much dps increase is that? Got 2 days left to kill it before BRF, and I think in BRF is better to enchant crit, so I'm wondering if it's worth or not for just 2 days of tries... thank you!
    Simming is sooo hard...

Deleted
    Based on patcherk style simulated stat values
    Mastery 0.60, crit 0.46. -> Mastery: crit ratio = 1.3
    110 crit rating gives 1% crit, I have 14% crit.
    1%(110 rating) crit is worth 1,14/1,13 - 1 = 0,885% dps gain
    275 crit rating is worth 2,21% dps.
    If this crit were mastery it would be worth 2,21 * 1,3 = 2,873% dps
    So if you change 275 crit to mastery you should be able to do roughly 0,66% more dmg on Patchwerk.

This is just estimation, not exact value, but it should be close to it. Also the augmented rune is worth in between 0,5% - 1% dmg depeneds on class and gear.

Deleted
    we did all have runes.

Deleted
    Sephraia: just watched ur butcher video, and I think u shouldnt really give advices to anyone, worst Dotweavewing eu, worst proc managment, sorry.

Sauzer: I would go for it, might help if u are really struggeling with DPS, but its still not sure wheter cri, mastery or other stat will be top for us in the next patch, so its up to u :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Yeah, a <0.1% DPS increase would've 100% led to a kill. The fact that half his raid probably died within 13 seconds of the enrage had nothing to do with it. I can't believe his guild even lets him raid with those enchants.
    Someone said it was 500 DPS increase. I said you need 31k DPS. I then said this would be roughly a 1,6% DPS increase (and mentioned the execute paradox). How can you come up with a 0,1%? From which high hat did you grab this number from?

Tbh if they don't have at least a bag of augment runes, and a bank tab full of saronite bombs, idk what they're doing trying mythics. o/
    On a tight DPS check, I do know what they are doing in Mythic: wiping endlessly from enrage on the Butcher because they are slacking or waiting for some perfect RNG.

Anyway, it has not been mentioned much yet but you should practice on a dummy dotweaving. It is likely you get more DPS out of that, although dummy doesn't emulate execute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Based on patcherk style simulated stat values
    Mastery 0.60, crit 0.46. -> Mastery: crit ratio = 1.3
    110 crit rating gives 1% crit, I have 14% crit.
    1%(110 rating) crit is worth 1,14/1,13 - 1 = 0,885% dps gain
    275 crit rating is worth 2,21% dps.
    If this crit were mastery it would be worth 2,21 * 1,3 = 2,873% dps
    So if you change 275 crit to mastery you should be able to do roughly 0,66% more dmg on Patchwerk.
    Except it isn't 275 crit to mastery. We should also factor in the weapon enchant. Plus, you cannot simply count like this. Crit affects dotweave, Halo, PWS (for Reflective Shield), DP (incuding self heal). You really do have to sim it, with an advanced, up2date simulator.

Someone said it was 500 DPS increase. I said you need 31k DPS. I then said this would be roughly a 1,6% DPS increase (and mentioned the execute paradox). How can you come up with a 0,1%? From which high hat did you grab this number from?
    It's a 1.6% (potential) DPS increase to one person, which is a 0.1% increase to your raid. It's not gonna change much.

And you shouldn't use Chaos Bolt <= 20% either; its Shadowburn.
    Oh I was talking in general, not just butcher. Those damn chaos bolts that bring adds from 30% to 0 in one hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It's a 1.6% (potential) DPS increase to one person, which is a 0.1% increase to your raid. It's not gonna change much.
    When you are wiping on very low percentages which is what happens on this boss during progression, yes it could change much. Lets say your DPS and healers don't do any damage (they can and should). If everyone could do (500 * 240) = 120k damage more that would be 1,8m damage.

If my avg DPS is of that meaningful proportion that, if everyone would do what I do, we'd have 1,8m more damage then I'd go for it. So I'd say that, on progress, you need to live with the fact that you are slacking.

Plus, it is likely going to be more of a DPS gain. Not only do you quicker get into ToF range (which is why I love BL on pull on the fight), you also get quicker into Soul Reaper range and the 20% execute range. Which means that, as the fight lasts longer in execute (you wipe later) your execute damage increases as well. Which means its an even bigger DPS increase. And that is without mentioning all the other people who could like, play better, or change their talents and enchants or use augment.