Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Our guild has never really focus geared people or roles. While we aren't world class or anything (can't say its a goal either) we manage to kill all bosses on mythic in HM and pretty much trended that way since BC.

If you have the skills and leadership who has what gear matters a whole lot less as long as they aren't dreadfully behind the curve. Unless you are going into content so under-geared (like you could have been doing mythic HM in mostly blues for example) that it makes that big of difference. This level of play is very, very rare for the very, very bleeding edge. Also considering now you can run both heroic and mythic is a week ALONG with normal getting set bonus and the like is going to be pretty freaking easy. I would say everyone within 3-4 weeks will be mostly bonuses out.

Mage = Combat rogue > any other DPSers >tank/heals if you want to raid mythic

Most to all guilds should be beyond the point of needing to equip healers and tanks first for foundry progression after the amount of time we spent in highmaul. After a certain point of gear equipping DPS certainly grants the largest benefit. And that point is when Tanks dont drop like flies anymore with healers not struggling to heal through core mechanics. I dare say that min/max guilds will likely prefer gearing dps when given the choice

I'm pretty sure 99% of these responses didn't read the title properly.

The correct answer is, "Whoever's tier bonus is the most OP, focusing on Tanks>DPS>Healers". Most people have been looking at it just from a gear perspective. However there are set bonuses that are AMAZING, and some that are shite. Focus on the amazing set bonuses first.

I would say that as long as your tanks and healers can keep up with the incoming damage that dps is the most important to gear. Having geared dps not only takes your chances of killing something up, but it also takes your raid times down, and at the end of the night you would rather spend 5-8 minutes instead of 10-12 minutes on a fight (without even taking rage timers into account).
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Manki View Post
    I'm pretty sure 99% of these responses didn't read the title properly.

The correct answer is, "Whoever's tier bonus is the most OP, focusing on Tanks>DPS>Healers". Most people have been looking at it just from a gear perspective. However there are set bonuses that are AMAZING, and some that are shite. Focus on the amazing set bonuses first.
    The correct answer is:
    If you're a casual guild, you have no priority.
    If you're a hardcore guild, dps first depending on how good the setbonuses are and what specs you'll need most for the hardest bosses.
    If you're a wannabe hardcore guild that isn't quite there yet, tanks first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    When you funnel gear you run the risk of - Thanks for all the loots, I dont feel there is a reason for me to log on each raid now. / Cheers for the upgrades, but its time I moved on.

Spread the loot around. DPS are just as important as your healers and tanks, without them you will not down the bosses.
    This only happens in two cases: 1) The organization of your guild sucks. 2) The guild is funneling to players that have not proven to be an asset to the guild.

This is why you should have raid leads, co-leads, class officers and the like.... the focus should be on gearing these people first. The biggest focus should be on creating a guild that cares much more about progression and actual raiding than gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I'll break it down for you. Low dps = enrage timer wipe. Low tps / hps - you won't see enrage because you wiped a long time ago. Always gear tanks and healers first to the extent that they are part of the core group.
    TPS is pointless in WoD. If your dps is out threatening your tanks your tanks are either DC or do not know how to play their class... in either case gearing them is pointless. HPS is also a pointless measure overall. It only comes down to rather your healers can keep the raid alive or not. Actual hps is pointless.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming ur ilvl 680 every1, id do dps>heal>tank
    if ur undergeared, tank>dps>heal
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

My understanding is that you gear dps > tanks > healers (with exception if tanks need to survive a mechanic).

There's also this spreadsheet I found:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sle=true#gid=0
    (vykina's I think, from method)

DPS>tanks>healers as a general rule if you're trying to progress quickly as possible. DPS should be obvious, you can brute force mechanics with more damage, and there is almost 0 overkill so no damage is going to waste. Healing on the other hand, does have overheal, which negates part of the strength of the heal. Understandably this tier focuses more on mana management than anything else so I'd pick 1 tank healer and 1 AoE healer to funnel early on (still after your core dps) but the remaining healers should generally be left till last. As for tanks, assess the strength of tier bonuses at each stage. To me, there are very few this tier that actually seem significant (I think protadins stand out the most). Best to gear one tank for mitigation with tier bonus and leave the other as a soak tank with a stam trinket for large hits.

Quote Originally Posted by des1234 View Post
    It's Dutchmagoz, literally says it in the spreadsheet. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    None. All roles are equally important to your guilds success. You should single out your most "loyal" and competent members and give them gear first.
    Ehh not really true. Depends on the fight first of all, but it isn't about who is more important, it matters who is more gear dependent and the answer to that would be DPS.

DPS is more important on fights like Butcher M.

Deleted
    So uhh why doesn't somebody just list all the tier bonuses from rank 1 to rank 15?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by des1234 View Post
    My understanding is that you gear dps > tanks > healers (with exception if tanks need to survive a mechanic).

Done on ST fight with standard Sim.
    Most fights are multi target fights, so % are biased.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

This is not Vanilla, nor TBC. The tiers should go to the raiders that will stick to the team and play. There is not way tanks will be destroyed in the new raid instance.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Interesting how so many people prioritize tanks over dps.
    I think the idea is that there is only two of them, and once you get them covered, it's one less thing you have to worry about.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esrgoode View Post
    You might find this useful

docs.googledotcom/spreadsheets/d/1abTQSCyw7_psGtUruGwbjnKbt_wXmdDx627SdXebru4/edit#gid=0]Spreadsheet showing DPS gains for all class's for 2pc and 4pc
    Probably a naab question but what do the P,V and C under tier stand for?

We allow open rolls for our raid. I won't prioritize to tanks or top dps at all. However, once someone does get a token, I will prioritize the next token to them so they can benefit from a tier bonus. Then it's open again for others.

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I'll break it down for you. Low dps = enrage timer wipe. Low tps / hps - you won't see enrage because you wiped a long time ago. Always gear tanks and healers first to the extent that they are part of the core group.
    You can always add healers if your healers are bad. you can't fix dps checks. Mythic Imp first 5 Kills average ilvl of dps was like 680 average ilvl of healers was like 670.. Toss a few pieces to healers But ESPECIALLY tier tokens should go to dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by martvg View Post
    Probably a naab question but what do the P,V and C under tier stand for?
    Protector = warrior, shaman, Hunter, monk
    vanquisher = rogue, dk, druid, mage
    conqueror = paladin, priest, warlock