Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The instant EQ dream

THE DREAM IS REAL

Enhanced Chain Lightning now makes Earthquake instant cast, and increases the damage done by the next Earthquake by 300% when Chain Lightning or Lava Beam strikes 3 or more targets (instead of increasing Earthquake damage by 60% for each target struck).

Been asking for this for so many years.

FINALLY.

So... is Earthquake instant-case baseline or only after hitting 3 targets with a CL? It reads like baseline to me. Not really a big deal either way as you normally don't want to use it without the 300% damage boost, but it would be nice to have another button to push during movement.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-01-30 at 02:18 AM.

Im happy for ele they gave em some love but wheres the love for enhance whos already doing less damage on sims...

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    THANK THE GODS!!!!!!!!!
    I want more delicious buffs now, make both lvb charges reload at the same time, hint, hint...
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2015-01-30 at 02:25 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Looks like we can still hope for more changes Its not over yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    is Earthquake instant-case baseline or only after hitting 3 targets with a CL?
    Just checked on the PTR. The buff gained from Enhanced Chain Lightning says "Your next Earthquake is instant..." so it looks like we will need to use CL first. However, the instant EQ doesn't actually work yet, even after hitting 3 targets with CL, so I can't 100% confirm that.

Just checked on the PTR. The buff gained from Enhanced Chain Lightning says "Your next Earthquake is instant..." so it looks like we will need to use CL first. However, the instant EQ doesn't actually work yet, even after hitting 3 targets with CL, so I can't 100% confirm that.
    Doesn't work on PTR yet.

Yeah, the text you quoted says exactly that.

shamans, gods of aoe, can anyone even touch us now?

#TheDream

Deleted
    Shhh guys... Its not overpowered... DONT LET THEM REVERT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Zaazu View Post
    Shhh guys... Its not overpowered... DONT LET THEM REVERT IT
    it's not, we're now much worse on 2 target cleave, we're fucking awful at multi target spread fights, we're good at single target low movement and batshit crazy at aoe.

so if there's really heavy movement and spread targets or not 3 stacked targets, bench yourself don't hold your guild back or relog your windwalker alt with 20 less ilvl and do 10k more dps. then you can be really good at both types of fights :P

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So basically how I'm reading this is that EQ is now automatic, once you earn the ECL passive. From there, you can buff the damage from hitting 3+ targets with CL. Is that correct?

Deleted
    Can anyone on PTR confirm CL 2 targets does NOT increase EQ damage by 120% and makes it instant cast (assuming that instant cast actually works on PTR) ?

Been asking for this for so many years.

FINALLY.
    Took the words out of my mouth. Now to see how long it stays this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read it as ONLY working if CL hits 3 targets... making it great but not amazing....

is this real life?!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    it's not, we're now much worse on 2 target cleave, we're fucking awful at multi target spread fights, we're good at single target low movement and batshit crazy at aoe.

so if there's really heavy movement and spread targets or not 3 stacked targets, bench yourself don't hold your guild back or relog your windwalker alt with 20 less ilvl and do 10k more dps. then you can be really good at both types of fights :P
    Oh noes, my insta earthquake can't get a 300% damage buff all the time. There are plenty of fights in BRF with 3+ targets at times, and several with significant AoE needed. Here are a few

-Iron Maidens -3+ targets
    -Operator Thogar -much aoe
    -Beastlord -much aoe
    -Blast Furnace -kreygasm
    -Gruul nice single target

Shamans are going to be great in BRF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    I read it as ONLY working if CL hits 3 targets... making it great but not amazing....
    It is amazing. It's an aoe ability. When there are fights with adds and there are in BRF, it's going to be insane. ANd instant? Psssh
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Now address PvP.