Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Ah, Blizzard, being ass backwards as always on content other MMOs do right. Keep it up, boys! You'll get it right eventually, one of these years.
    The problem is that you hear this alot because well, it's true. Their logic makes no sense when they change things like this. What's more, is as someone else said, one of the Devs was TELLING us to form raid groups for it. And as someone else added, it's unlikely many will bother with this anymore as the only reason it was done was speed and ease.

Throughout the years I've more often than not been a strong supporter of their developers and so far, I still am but sometimes I sit back and look at changes like this and scratch my head, asking: "Why?" Because I know in their position, there's just no way I'd come to the same conclusion. It pointlessly hinders players for no gain. Maybe I didn't intend for it to be trivialized but it's been like this for months, at this point, I'd say: "It is what it is, leave it alone, people are happy doing it this way."

Edit: I'm not sure what things other MMOs do right that he's refering to but the 'ass backwards logic' was absolutely true.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2015-01-30 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    well I do find that pointless

now, people that want apexis need to waste more time grinding. pointless change, imo. also it discourages people from using the raid finder. at least clearing stuff as a large group was simple, now it will take much longer and will be more frustrating in the areas with elites.

Group content is ...

Wait for it

No, not that ...

GROUP content. However, Blizzard did say they are looking at ways to help those in queues in a raid. So stop your bellyaching!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    The problem is that you hear this alot because well, it's true. Their logic makes no sense when they change things like this. What's more, is as someone else said, one of the Devs was TELLING us to form raid groups for it. And as someone else added, it's unlikely many will bother with this anymore as the only reason it was done was speed and ease.

Throughout the years I've more often than not been a strong supporter of their developers and so far, I still am but sometimes I sit back and look at changes like this and scratch my head, asking: "Why?" Because I know in their position, there's just no way I'd come to the same conclusion. It pointlessly hinders players for no gain. Maybe I didn't intend for it to be trivialized but it's been like this for months, at this point, I'd say: "It is what it is, leave it alone, people are happy doing it this way."

Edit: I'm not sure what things other MMOs do right that he's refering to but the 'ass backwards logic' was absolutely true.

People like you, who fail at logic, should just quit then.

On most of my chars I solo the Apexis dailies faster than groups do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is sad. That said, the only ones I joined a raid for was the elite/group ones, so I guess I'll just 5 man them. Oh well.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

aaaaand now I will only do the 800 Apexis quest. The extra effort it'll take to 5 man the elite ones isn't worth bothering with. Maybe if they boosted what the 1,000 one gave. Maybe.

In my experience 5 manning the Pit doesn't take a whole lot longer with 5 people compared to a full raid group especially if you do it with friends

Deleted
    What the actual fuck, so now they suddenly dont want people to join and form groups together and do things? What is this Blizzard I dont even..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's done because they thought it would ruin the economy if people would get those Spirits and convert them.. Oh wait they've already gutted professions anyways..
    I give 100 internets to the one who can link the blue post saying we should group up for it with the group finder.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaderp View Post
    What the actual fuck, so now they suddenly dont want people to join and form groups together and do things? What is this Blizzard I dont even..
    They don't want you to trivialize five man quests with forty people. This is not a new policy, so I'm not sure what all the complaining is about.

Sig by Isilrien

15+ Year Old Account
    This would matter if they actually made apexis crystals matter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    well I do find that pointless

now, people that want apexis need to waste more time grinding. pointless change, imo. also it discourages people from using the raid finder. at least clearing stuff as a large group was simple, now it will take much longer and will be more frustrating in the areas with elites.
    Top soloing these myself takes about ten minutes longer than being in a group. Thank the people that just stood around, went AFK, screw around shooting the breeze, and every other thing imaginable. People complain about all this occurring in the LFR, yet when they do it on a quest or anything else, they have no problem or issue with them. Where did you think this all started and how long did you think people should just not do anything and get credit for doing absolutely nothing at all.

These dailies on average take about 15 minutes tops, they were getting done in less than 5 with a group. There is really not much to buy with the crystals anyway, except trade them for the seal for an extra roll on loot. It looking as though the cost of the rep mounts are going up, lord no why, itsd not like there is much difference between them and the stable version. These were largely the only other thing to really use the crystals on. The gear upgrades are soon to be worthless, if they don't put the next level of them in for BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    This would matter if they actually made apexis crystals matter.
    You'll be able to turn 2k apexis into a Savage Blood in 6.1, not to say it will be worthwhile though with all the additional sources coming

Who even needs those crystalls at all?

All this does is punish Apexis gathering on alts of the people who already exploited the raid grouping. Who cares if we trivialize the daily, it's a grind!

Seriously, Blizzard fun detectors activate: seek and destroy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    They don't want you to trivialize five man quests with forty people. This is not a new policy, so I'm not sure what all the complaining is about.
    The point is why stop people from having fun with doing it in raidgroups when the crystals themselves already are trivial contentwise.

joining a group and running around never unmounting shouldnt finish off your quest for you. you can still run it in parties you will just have to do some work now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Pretty annoying, I liked doing apexis dailies while waiting for highmaul pugs to fill. I wouldn't mind it if it seemed like theres a good reason for it but.... it's been working fine for 2 months i didn't see anyone complaining about this ever.

Deleted
    I am a casual that only raids LFR, not even bother with normal mode and Apexis are completely worthless for me. Got them in the beginning of the expansion for the pets, then used them for 1 single piece of gear (which was the only piece that provided a somewhat meaningfull upgrade) and then completely stopped bothering with these quests. Every other piece of gear is either worse than what I have or only upgrade my gear in terms of single digit dps increases, so not worth farming 1 entire month to get.

As for this change, I feel that there was nothing wrong with how things were before so I don't see why they bother with it.

Deleted
    I really hope they find a way to not make it punishing to be in a group for leveling content or world activities. I rather quest and do stuff alone because that's quicker than in a group. Doesn't seem like the idea of this game. With this change it will be even worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Find a group, sure. Find a raid of forty people, no.

Whoever found these "groups" social?!

I always disliked that all the groups for this in group finder were 30+ people just inviting everyone and anyone. No organization. No teamwork. Just run around zerg zerg zerg.

I can't say I'll miss it.
    You sure about that? For every previous raid group we now have 8 five man groups competing for the very same mobs, those quests are going to be really awkward to do now...

It was bad enough as it was when 2-3 raids competed against each other, now it's going to be way worse.

Are we even sure its stopping the apexis group daily from functioning? The wording makes me believe it will only prevent the 800 solo daily being done in raid groups at most.

Either way, a decent raid geared 5man group with a healer and tank can smash through the dailies faster than 40man raid group does it seems. Atleast it sure as hell feels like doing the pit solo/2 person I get more progress per mob kill than the raid groups got.