Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Please for the love of god, if you don't even know what cleave means, don't say it, because enh is pretty bad on cleave fights, especially if u cannot get everything tightly stacked.

Enh only shines when there are 4+ targets, when we are talking about cleaving, it means 2-3 targets.
    Last edited by 16dots; 2015-01-30 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Well as of this writing...haste does pretty much nothing since it doesn't effect the "charge system"
    Wait, what??? Let me re-phrase that: WHAT?!!! Did Blizz confirm that haste won't affect recharge time? Further, if they did, then what have they said about the fact that that change would render their redesign of flurry to be (effectively) useless to us?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Also, now with the AoE nerf coming from teh EotE change...Enh will NOT be the gods of AoE.
    Any substantiation for that, or are you supposing that's what will happen?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Wait, what??? Let me re-phrase that: WHAT?!!! Did Blizz confirm that haste won't affect recharge time? Further, if they did, then what have they said about the fact that that change would render their redesign of flurry to be (effectively) useless to us?
    its just something they overlooked when they changed the cd to charges. Flurry is not working with the charges on current PTR (or at least 2 days ago when i was on it)

enh will still be good for aoe, but wont be highest.
    Last edited by Corixa; 2015-01-30 at 05:32 PM.

I'm playing enhancement since bc, the class was never in this spot, be the niche aoe class sucks, and i think shamans dont enjoy spaming fire nova.

And for the ppl linking logs, just wait for BF where the most important fights dont have sustained aoe.
    Last edited by -NeuroN-; 2015-01-30 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 16dots View Post
    Please for the love of god, if you don't even know what cleave means, don't say it, because enh is pretty bad on cleave fights, especially if u cannot get everything tightly stacked.

Enh only shines when there are 4+ targets, when we are talking about cleaving, it means 2-3 targets.
    Sounds like you don't know what Cleave means.

Cleave = 2-3 mobs tanked together
    Multi-DoT = 2-4 mobs tanked far apart(eg. Troll council in ToT)
    AoE = +4 mobs tanked together

Enha has amazing Cleave(with really no ramp-up at cleave situations). And Enha AoE is also incredible for the very reason that each Nova that goes off on small adds(eg. Imperator Replicating adds) also hit the boss and thus Enha is #1 boss damage too. That is why it's seriously best to let Enhancement only AoE the adds on Imperator because their boss damage also goes through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Sounds like you don't know what Cleave means.

Cleave = 2-3 mobs tanked together
    Multi-DoT = 2-4 mobs tanked far apart(eg. Troll council in ToT)
    AoE = +4 mobs tanked together

Enha has amazing Cleave(with really no ramp-up at cleave situations)
    Don't know if I'd call average enhance performance on twins and brackenspore amazing. That said overall I don't think it's that bad given the strong niche at least at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Don't know if I'd call average enhance performance on twins and brackenspore amazing. That said overall I don't think it's that bad given the strong niche at least at the moment.
    Finaly a comment that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by ichipline View Post
    Finaly a comment that makes sense!
    Blizzard disagrees with you, single target should not be held back by a niche according to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys really need to stop making these threads....

Its not that enhancement shaman is bad, but the currently playstyle of fire nova>all makes the class very unenjoyable.(and hardcasting LB at low stacks)

Here's the problem with the whole "niche" thing. It depends on Blizzard to implement fights where we can fit into our niche.

As of Highmaul, that's Imperator, Tectus, and Kargath. 3 out of 7 is actually kind of a fortunate situation to be in, because it givesus value to the raid overall. I mean, it's almost half the bosses. However, as people have pointed out, it's gold plated handcuffs. Our capabilities on these three bosses have made it so that Blizzard is reluctant to reevaluate our performance in other DPS situations.

Moving into BRF, there's only three fights out of ten where we fill our role. This presents a real problem, because not only is our AoE getting nerfed (and the Echo change surely will not be the end of the nerfs, I can guarantee it), but our single target and 2-3 target cleave has not seen any reevaluation.

Now, if we were good at AoE and average at singletarget/cleave, it wouldn't be a problem at all. The issue is that we're good at AoE and below average at singletarget/cleave. This means that on any fight where Fire Nova can not be used to its fullest, we are a very very bad pick for raid composition. And at the moment, that seems like 70% (7/10) of BRF.

This is the inherent flaw of the "niche" system. If you're going to have one spec be great at one thing, you can't just disregard everything else. A specific dps role is only valuable if the fights allow you to fill that role. If there aren't many fights where you can do your niche job, then you are purposeless.

And therein is the problem most Enhancement Shaman recognize. Blizzard has tried to give us purpose as AoE monsters, but has inadvertently made us redundant everywhere else. They can't leave our AoE where it is and buff our singletarget/cleave, because that would make us overall too good. But if they leave things as they are, we're going to get benched in Mythic BRF.
    Last edited by Tore; 2015-01-30 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Blizzard disagrees with you, single target should not be held back by a niche according to them.
    Before they said they were fine with enh being a little lower single target and ahead on aoe.

People cant see how bad is enhancement atm(playstyle and dps) because HM was a uncommon raid with a lot of sustained aoe dmg mainly on the most dificult boss by far Imperator.

Just wait for BF.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorpheus View Post
    Sadly seeing that Blizzard still giving shit about enhancement shaman, while buffing elemental shaman non-stop.
    According to sims, enha will be the weakest single target dps(again, gladiators not counted), most guilds(expect a few one), will not gonna take enhas to mythic raid, because there is only 1 aoe based fight, while the other mostly single, or cleave fights where enhas the worst.
    Blizzard did a good job, when they "we will remove classes pushing buttons around 20%". Yes, they didn't say that mean, they take our most USEFULL PASSIVE skills, and overnerf windfury and flametongue weapon.
    Also sadly heard, that blizzard will not do any "MAJOR" changes atleast until the next expansion.
    Don't misunderstand me, I don't want to enhancement shamans to become number one, I want to have the chance, to compete other classes, not only when I have 6+ target to push one button to deal dmg.
    This expansion is a dark age to enhancement shamans, even worster than cataclysm.
    Sorry for my bad english if I made some errors.
    Enhanacement is excellent on Kargath, Tectus, Ko'ragh and Margok in Highmaul alone, 4 of the 7 bosses! We will be excellent on at least 4 of the 10 bosses in BRF as well, and probably more. You need to understand that when looking at the simulator, you are only seeing single target patchwerk style fights, meaning fights with no movement and non-stop damage. There are zero fights like this in Highmaul or Blackrock Foundry, and if you bother to look up some actual logs from say warcraftlogs.com, you would see that Enhancement specifically fairs a lot better than most other classes. I would argue that this is the first time Enhacement has actually been overpowered for an end tier boss! It's certainly the first time in ages that an Enhancement was brought to a world first end tier boss kill!

Could we use a few tweaks? No class is perfect. They absolutely could have trimmed up a few more abilities from our toolkit (Shocks doing damage instead of pure utility, UE, Magma Totem). But that doesn't mean our class is BAD, only that it needs further streamlining to be brought into line with other classes toolkits. Even with these flaws, Enhancement has been remarkably fun to play this expansion so far. I think the problem here isn't the class, it's you. And for the record, I'm 6/7 Mythic on my 'crappy, worstester ever' Enhancement shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post
    People cant see how bad is enhancement atm(playstyle and dps) because HM was a uncommon raid with a lot of sustained aoe dmg mainly on the most dificult boss by far Imperator.

Just wait for BF.
    I always get a kick out of sentiments like this. "Even though Enhancement is currently good, its just skewed by this current content and will be bad for the next raiding tier/instance/expansion/season". If we really are that bad, they will do more adjustments on our abilities as always and we won't remain that way for long. If you can PROVE we are going to be bad now, by all means POST how we are going to be bad without relying entirely on 'Simcraft says so hurrr' and I will gladly give your thoughts some consideration. Until then, cool it with the class melancholy.
    Last edited by Hothgor; 2015-01-30 at 08:10 PM.

Sorry but anyone who thinks WoD is worse for enh(or dps shamans in general) than cata was is an idiot.
    You know the expansion that Ghost wolf dmg and healing got gutted, bloodlust was given to mages and top guilds declared shamans useless because anything they could do mages could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyx View Post
    In BRF there is hardly any aoe in raid so it will be more useful data.
    Blast Furnace. Hansgar/Franzok. Darmac. THogar. Iron Maidens.Phase 2 of Blackhand. Looks to me like there's plenty of AoE

front-runner most melodramatic post title 2k15

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorpheus View Post
    Sadly seeing that Blizzard still giving shit about enhancement shaman, while buffing elemental shaman non-stop.
    According to sims, enha will be the weakest single target dps(again, gladiators not counted), most guilds(expect a few one), will not gonna take enhas to mythic raid, because there is only 1 aoe based fight, while the other mostly single, or cleave fights where enhas the worst.
    Blizzard did a good job, when they "we will remove classes pushing buttons around 20%". Yes, they didn't say that mean, they take our most USEFULL PASSIVE skills, and overnerf windfury and flametongue weapon.
    Also sadly heard, that blizzard will not do any "MAJOR" changes atleast until the next expansion.
    Don't misunderstand me, I don't want to enhancement shamans to become number one, I want to have the chance, to compete other classes, not only when I have 6+ target to push one button to deal dmg.
    This expansion is a dark age to enhancement shamans, even worster than cataclysm.
    Sorry for my bad english if I made some errors.
    could not have said it better myself

on the subject though, they are just... horrible in pvp atm too

Just because you're awful at enhance doesn't mean they're bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    Enhanacement is excellent on Kargath, Tectus, Ko'ragh and Margok in Highmaul alone, 4 of the 7 bosses! We will be excellent on at least 4 of the 10 bosses in BRF as well, and probably more. You need to understand that when looking at the simulator, you are only seeing single target patchwerk style fights, meaning fights with no movement and non-stop damage. There are zero fights like this in Highmaul or Blackrock Foundry, and if you bother to look up some actual logs from say warcraftlogs.com, you would see that Enhancement specifically fairs a lot better than most other classes. I would argue that this is the first time Enhacement has actually been overpowered for an end tier boss! It's certainly the first time in ages that an Enhancement was brought to a world first end tier boss kill!

Could we use a few tweaks? No class is perfect. They absolutely could have trimmed up a few more abilities from our toolkit (Shocks doing damage instead of pure utility, UE, Magma Totem). But that doesn't mean our class is BAD, only that it needs further streamlining to be brought into line with other classes toolkits. Even with these flaws, Enhancement has been remarkably fun to play this expansion so far. I think the problem here isn't the class, it's you. And for the record, I'm 6/7 Mythic on my 'crappy, worstester ever' Enhancement shaman.

I always get a kick out of sentiments like this. "Even though Enhancement is currently good, its just skewed by this current content and will be bad for the next raiding tier/instance/expansion/season". If we really are that bad, they will do more adjustments on our abilities as always and we won't remain that way for long. If you can PROVE we are going to be bad now, by all means POST how we are going to be bad without relying entirely on 'Simcraft says so hurrr' and I will gladly give your thoughts some consideration. Until then, cool it with the class melancholy.
    What part about spam fire nova is fun? i think what you enjoy is being overpowered on aoe fights and top the recounts.