Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Currently SMF... should i stay or should i go? TG / Arms instead

Im pretty sure there is already another post about this but with the changes just recently put in and then looking at the upcoming patch notes, im kind of worried about staying SMF.

I was pvping as SMF but now im joining my friends for progression, which means switching up talents, glyphs, and stat priority. But im trying to figure out which spec is the most beneficial for Warrior DPS in PvE.

Im already being out dpsed by under-geared arms war. (maybe i just suck at SMF) idk sitting at 636 ilvl in full pvp gear, 680~ something pvp buffed. (which means nothign in PvE unfortunately). And seeing alot more people moving towards TG because of easily transitioning to arms on certain boss fights, especially for CMs.

Any suggestions?

DEPENDS on the encounter. Single target - fury. Any kind of cleave - arms. Glad is kinda everything in one, but lower in specifics.
    And no, there is no difference between SMF and TG. Well, there IS difference, but it's completely neglectable and the more you progress with gear the less the gap.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2015-01-30 at 01:28 PM.

Is it because of the 30% dmg inc. that using 1 handers gives you? i already have both 660 1-hand weapons and 5 other pieces of 660 gear (pvp) would that be okay to use for PVE?

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick93 View Post
    Is it because of the 30% dmg inc. that using 1 handers gives you?
    Well, slower weapons becomes faster, but less damage and 1handers becomes stronger, but slower at the same pace. So both SMF and TG kinda balances out each other.
    About weapons: Just grab the one that have the biggest ilvl of all. Simple as that.

how do you compare arms to Fury then? because i have some people telling me go Arms and others saying to stay fury.

Currently, and really keep in mind currently because when BRF is released allllll things change. Nobody has precise stuff calculated out with set bonuses... fights and etc... but currently fights like twin ogrons, tectus you can do better as arms due to mechanics.

Brackenspore i beat the arms warrior as fury. But i probably just play it better.

Kargath, Butcher, Koragh, Imperator i smoke him as fury. A lot of people as fury i guess cant figure out how to bladestorm/ravager for aoe times.

Its hard to tell you much atm because the set bonuses and itemization in BRF are WAYYYYY better so things are fluid.

It the stat priority going to change when BRF? ive been reading for SMF its better to stack Multistrike, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by JJmiller86 View Post
    Currently, and really keep in mind currently because when BRF is released allllll things change. Nobody has precise stuff calculated out with set bonuses... fights and etc... but currently fights like twin ogrons, tectus you can do better as arms due to mechanics.

Brackenspore i beat the arms warrior as fury. But i probably just play it better.

Kargath, Butcher, Koragh, Imperator i smoke him as fury. A lot of people as fury i guess cant figure out how to bladestorm/ravager for aoe times.

Its hard to tell you much atm because the set bonuses and itemization in BRF are WAYYYYY better so things are fluid.
    Yea that arms warrior is doing it wrong. Any fight with cleave or multiple execute phases arms will pull ahead... it's execute phase is that strong.

Fury has good AoE burst though when you get a higher target count I would say (5+ targets). But remember that's only burst, anything where the mobs don't die from 1 BS and Arms pulls ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoosh View Post
    Yea that arms warrior is doing it wrong. Any fight with cleave or multiple execute phases arms will pull ahead... it's execute phase is that strong.

Fury has good AoE burst though when you get a higher target count I would say (5+ targets). But remember that's only burst, anything where the mobs don't die from 1 BS and Arms pulls ahead.
    So to make it just simple and just roll Arms all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoosh View Post

Not sure I agree going forward... 4 targets you can meat cleaver the shit out of them... guess we will see. I'll have to look at it again but basically you will get 20% chance to get another free enraging blow by criting with enraging blow with the 2p bonus... thats cray cray.

Im not saying you are wrong by any means. I just think our current math is going out with window as of Tuesday...

Not sure I agree going forward... 4 targets you can meat cleaver the shit out of them...
    The problem is no, you can't. For meat cleaver you need too much prerequisites like enrage, rage for few WW and the time to cast those WWs. While Arms just press 1 button every 15 sec for additional stable cleave and keep rend on targets. Honestly, rend alone can almost outperform fury aoe on 7+ targets.

They actually updated all sims.... you can see the math for yourself... unless the fight is 4 targets sustained 100% of the time then Fury looks better.

http://simulationcraft.org/

I don't know every mechanic of BRF to say what is what... but look at the numbers and make that decision for yourself.

Personally i never have any problems with rage or getting my meat clevers off.. i just have one ready for the next enrage... never seem to wait for them ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick93 View Post
    So to make it just simple and just roll Arms all the time?
    Not that simple, but I try for 2h weapons so I can change from arms to fury without needing 2 more weapons. Glad should not exist, it only makes things more complex as Bliz already has difficulty with Warriors.

Yeah i'm shooting for 2 of the crit/multi 2h's or 2 of the crit/mastery BH weaps... I wish i had some concrete evidence which is better MS or Mastery...

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    Not that simple, but I try for 2h weapons so I can change from arms to fury without needing 2 more weapons. Glad should not exist, it only makes things more complex as Bliz already has difficulty with Warriors.
    I will try that out, and see today. Im curious to see the playstyle because i never really played arms before, always sort of confused me some how. How is the rage regen in arms, because i know being SMF i have no problem with it.

Overall, build for fury atm, this may change some, but not sure if it will change for Black Rock. Next patch may not be out for many weeks. I don't think Bliz will change abilities during race for first.

- - - Updated - - -

Arms is much more timing and positioning. It's fun. Many nunbers you see atr people doing things they really should not be in progression. Hunters on spore, and the list goes on.

This is the first time I hear that arms is fun. The biggest idea of people asking for arms to be reworked is because of it's frustratingly boring rotation. Not pressing buttons for big periods of time is not fun at all, it's like Waiting: The Game.

I play arms on certain fights only because its more dps.... it pains me everytime i have to.

I play arms on certain fights only because its more dps.... it pains me everytime i have to.
    Yeah, I feel your pain. Even heroic spam on Glad is much more fun.

Deleted
    i have higher ilvl 2hs than 1hs but am still finding that smf is giving me better results, some will say use whatever is ure highest ilvl weps but ive found this to not be true. the stats on all 2h drops in highmaul are horrid for fury so either stick with smf or go arms, just my 2c and gl with whatever u decide